WOOOHOOO!

YI

Yeah, another live show thread. I realised I haven't been to a 'proper' gig since February (Well besides some free 'festival' thing, but all I saw was Maximo Park, and like 2 second of Calvin Harris, who we mocked before hitting a bar). I was going to see Sick Of It All last week, but the guy I was going to go with was away on Holiday, and I couldn't find anyone else who wanted to go. :( Which is the same reason I missed Mad Caddies. :(:( So with it being ages since a proper gig, I need to find some to go to. The summer looks pretty meh as far as gigs go, and I'm really pissed that I'm missing the Carling Festival, as the old Concrete Jungle stage (Can't remember its new name) looks fucking harsh. However the fall is looking really quite promising, with me having my eye on the following;

11nd July - The Bravery

Okay...not the fall...but I'm not sure if I'm going. May well do. I'll have to get my ticket soon like, as it's next week.

5st August - The Dead 60's

I've just found about this seconds before posting this list. WHOOOOO!!!! Best band from the original 00's indie 'comeback'. Ska-styleeeee.

21rd August - Interpol

Again, not the fall, but the only show in the summer that seems to interest me.

16rd September - InMe

I remember missing them when they toured their second album, and I kicked myself. I know some people who used to be fans, not sure if they know they still exist (Hell, even I wouldn't if IAceI didn't keep going on about them), so I reckon I could get there.

23th September - iLiKETRAiNS

They're fucking brilliant. And it's less than a tenner. The less than a tenner bit will sway some people.

26st September - Rx Bandits

WHOOO!!! My ska guy let me down with The Caddies (He didn't like them :o), he better not let me down again. I think he likes the Bandits...oh why can't Streetlight Manifesto come. :(

11nd October - The Decemberists

I've already got someone basically saying they'd go, even though they haven't heard of them. :shifty: I know someone who would definately like them, so I may hook him up with an album and get him to come along.

17rd October - Los Campesinos

A cute band. Less than a tenner, but one I'd be willing to give a miss to be honest. But less than a tenner. And drink will be cheap'ish as it's at the uni, so I could get people along.

18st October - Editors

I know a few fans who will go. I quite like them, so I may go along (Kind of like The Bravery).

24nd October - Ash

It's fucking Ash. People will want to go. The only problem is the tickets might sell it.

29rd October - Arcade Fire

Not sure if I'll make this. Getting people to pay £20+ to see Arcade Fire is pushing it. Hell it's pushing it for me to pay £20 to see Arcade Fire...then again I paid £20+ to see Babyshambles...although I haven't paid yet. :shifty:

8st November - Dillinger Escape Plan

I know a DEP fan. I'm kind of in on/off contact with him though. Will bring this up next time I talk to him. Might have to hang out with his weirdo friends though. :(

11nd November - Biffy Clyro

Shouldn't be difficult to find those willing to go.

23th November - Babyshambles

The only one I've 'paid' for. I say me. My mate bought me a ticket. I don't have to pay him if Doherty no-shows. I like my odds.

10st December - Asia

I know for a fact I wont go. I'm not paying £20+ for one song. :shifty:

14nd December - The Jam

No Weller, I don't care. I still want to see them. :shifty: I know fans, a surprising amount, after like 6 people were like bum-loving me for having "Town Called Malice" in my MSN name.

15rd December - Maximo Park

I've done a total 180 on them. They were great live (for free :shifty:), even though I only knew a few songs. Dying to see them live now that I know more.

So yeah, there'll probably be more the closer we get as well. I need a better paying job...I bet I'll go to like 3 of these. :shifty: Babyshambles is the only one I have tickets for. Getting Maximo Park tickets in the next week or so hopefully. Might get Bravery tickets tomorrow, depends what happens when I talk to my mates tonight, I know about 3 are going. So yeah. What gigs are people wanting to go to/going to?

I saw Immortal recently. Shit was tight, I tell you, and we got the whole slew of classic moments: Abbath breathing fire, Horgh going berserk on his drums, stopping "Tyrants" in mid-track to get people go fucking nuts. Also rather ironically, the sun started shining just as Immortal began playing, which prompted a hearty "Fuck the sun" from Abbath. Good times.

Coming up I have...

Live Earth

Metallica

DJ Shadow

Gym Class Heroes

Violent Delight

The Zico Chain

Lostprophets

Beastie Boys

Turisas

Get Happy 2007 (Bowling For Soup, Zebrahead, Army Of Freshman, Bloodhound Gang)

Heaven and Hell

Motorhead / Alice Cooper / Joan Jett

Black Crusade (Trivium / Machinehead / Dragonforce / Arch Enemy / Shadows Fall)

Looks like a good year.

Anyway, more importantly, there's no shame in going to a gig by yourself.

I mean, ok it's better to go with people, but to be honest, it's not worth missing a gig, just because you're flying solo. Especially if you already have tickets.

Coming up for myself: Laura Imbruglia, Melanie Horsnell & Red Ghost, Sum 41 & Yellowcard, The Long Blondes, Arctic Monkeys (thank you ebay), Maxïmo Park (a gig I've been excited about since April), and Something For Kate. Still to consider: Patrick Wolf, Editors or Gym Class Heroes, Planet Asia (free show, but on a Thursday), Tilly and the Wall or Kaiser Chiefs, and probably a few others as soon as they are announced.

Quite a few gigs I wanna go to in the next few months...(bolded the ones I'm desperate to see or already got a ticket for)

Steve Vai

Bloodstock Open Air

The Black Dahlia Murder

The Misfits

Eastpack Antidote Tour (Chimaira, Soilwork, Sonic Syndicate and Caliban)

Dream Theater/Symphony X

Get Happy Tour (Bowling For Soup, Bloodhound Gang, Zebrahead and Army of Freshman)

Aborted/Kataklysm

Heaven and Hell

Alice Cooper/Motorhead (Same night as Dillinger Escape Plan/Meshuggah)

The Black Crusade Tour (Machine Head, Trivium, Dragonforce, Arch Enemy and Shadows Fall)

That reminds me, I'll be at Damnation Fest in Leeds too, mainly for Kreator, Aborted, 1349 and my boys, Narcosis :D

Interesting fact, if you watch Deal of No Deal today, the guy with the mohawk called Mike, is one of the organisers of Damnation Fest.

I'm only going to Lowlands which is basically still during the summer but the line-up is awesome (well for me)

Arcade Fire, Battles, C-mon & Kypski, Damien Rice, Eagles of Death Metal, Funeral for a Friend, Groove Armada, Interpol, Jamie T, Kasabian, Klaxons, New Young Pony Club, Patrick Wolf, Saybia, Sonic Youth, The Good The Bad and the Queen, the Rifles, the View, TOOL!!!!!, Air Traffic, Basement Jaxx, Bonde Do Rolé, CSS, Dinosaur Jr., Editors, Goose, Jack Penate, Jimmy Eat World, Justice, Kings of Leon, LCD Soundsystem, Mad Caddies, Moke, Nine Inch Nails, Pendulum, Simian Mobile Disco, The Answer, The Killers, the Rakes, the Shins, Trentemoller and many more.

Just can't wait to go!

Oh and I'm seeing UB40 in October i think. I hope the Get Happy Tour comes to the Netherlands aswell.

Bloodstock, probably Black Crusade in Cardiff and at an outside chance, Thin Lizzy and Queensryche in October :P

Edit: Might have to try and see Turisas too. Didn't realise it was so late in September.

Edit: Holy shit, Apocalyptica in December too! I don't care if it means having to go to London again. I'm THERE.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Two days ago, I was at Summerfest, and saw

Something 2 Do, and Streetlight Manifesto for the standard $15 admission fee

And I saw Tool in the ampitheater for $55. (The $15 fest admission included in the $55 for Tool)

Coming Up:

July 31 - Warped Tour (Only for Alkaline Trio...no Pennywise/Real McKenzies in WI)

August 15th - Reel Big Fish (3rd time live), Less Than Jake and Streetlight Manifesto (4th time live)

August 23rd - Clutch

August 24th - Queens Of The Stone Age/RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

September 3rd - Riverboat Gamblers (2nd time live)

September 13th - The Box Social (2nd time live)

And The Misfits/Balzac sometime in the fall for the Misfits 30th anniversary tour.

Coming up I have:

7/12 TOOL

7/15- Dispatch at MSG

7/26 Rock The Bells (Wu Tang, Nas, Cypress Hill, Talib Kweli)

7/29 311/Matisyahu

8/2 Dave Matthews Band

8/10 O.A.R.

Sometime in fall- State Radio, possibly Arrogant Sons of Bitches, and possibly MC Lars/Aquabats

Edited by reyrey619

That reminds me, I'll be at Damnation Fest in Leeds too, mainly for Kreator, Aborted, 1349 and my boys, Narcosis :D

Interesting fact, if you watch Deal of No Deal today, the guy with the mohawk called Mike, is one of the organisers of Damnation Fest.