2007-2008 NBA Thread

Tony Parker will run right by Derek Fisher, Manu Ginobili is Manu Ginobili, and Pau Gasol isn't the defender everyone is making him out to be.

But thats why they play the game. I'm glad the Spurs are underdogs in the series as ESPN has put them out to be the last two series they have been in. The fact that John Hollinger has a job at ESPN is a joke in itself.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it seem to anyone else that the Hornets were just expecting to coast by on homecourt advantage after the first four games or so? God, any time you have the Spurs with their necks on the block, you can't piss around. I think it was one of the guys on Around the Horn that compared them to Jason...they just won't die.

But damn, Celtics, Lakers, and Pistons in the conference finals? I feel like I'm back in '89. Not that I'm complaining.

To whoever said that the only good combo we could get is Lakers/Celtics, you're crazy. Pistons/Lakers would be good just to see if Kobe can slay the dragon that tore apart the Lakers dynasty that was in place with Shaq and Kobe. Lakers/Celtics is obviously a great one, but watching Garnett going up against Tim Duncan in a 7 game series? I'm drooling over it, because if Garnett could have his best series ever and come out with a ring over Duncan, the whole argument over which of the two is completely altered. Spurs/Pistons is the only combo that doesn't have a lot of great potential, but it would still be a great series for the hardcore basketball fans.

I am quite excited for the Draft Lottery. It'd be great if the Knicks could snag #2 away and get Derrick Rose.

As for the remaining team left in the playoffs, I would want to see Celtics-Lakers, but if I want my near perfect NBA.com bracket (I had the Mavericks over the Hornets) then I'd need Spurs-Celtics.

This Celtic 0-6 on the road isn't going to fly against Los Angeles or San Antonio, hell, maybe not even against Detriot.

The Lakers are absolutely impressive. Kobe is just disgustingly good, and I'd have never guessed that they would smoke the Spurs in the way that they did.

Good points made about the match up problems the Spurs would have by the way, DMN.

I just hope the Pistons can take care of the Celtics. I'd love to see another Pistons/Lakers match up. It'd be fun if we could have an EWB gentleman bet on that series should it take place. What do you say DMN?

I am sos impressed with my Pistons. They answered every attack Boston made and took it in Boston! In my opinion this was the true Game 1 as everyone (Billups) was healthy. Stuckey really looks like he is going to be a fantastic player, he shows so much poise for being a rookie and I am ecstatic Joe D. took him over (I think?) Nick Young.

I don't get the Spurs at all, while I hate them a lot, it seems like their honestly schizophrenic. They get pummeled in the first two games against the Hornets and then win the next two. Is this going to happen against the Lake Show? I doubt it. While I also hate them, they are just too good to give away two in a row to the Spurs.

Where's y2jerichoholic? Spurs looked OOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLD in that game.

Living in San Antonio I learned that Spurs fans only talk when there winning or things are close. So if the Spurs win game 3 I m sure Y2jerichoholic will be here "talking again". I noticed that all my Spur fan friends cell phones go straight to voice mail when the lakers came back from 20 down. And again when the lakers won by 30. But when the Spurs had a 20 point lead there phones worked great to call me and talk crap.

O and Gratz for Boston to finally win a game that's not at home.

Oh, and VP, don't take it the wrong way, but my little Showtime loving heart really wants to see Boston/LA one more time. Although, avenging '04 and the 'Four Horsemen' Finals loss would be nice.

I don't blame you, I'm hoping to avenge our loss from '05 against the Spurs.

As for the bet thing I threw down, I had maybe a few beers, maybe more than a few even, so I was talking out of my ass. I'm still down, I just had/have no clue what exactly I had in mind for a wager.

You might yet get Boston if the Pistons continue to show up whenever they feel like it.