Selling my Wii

Fanku Kaibutsu

I rented Psychonauts this weekend, and between that, and God of War, I've played my PS2 more this year than my Wii. Yeah, Zelda was great, and Trauma Center and Elebits were fun, and WarioWare and the rabbit game were amusing for a weekend. But so far this year, only one good game(that I haven't already played on PS2) has come out, Paper Mario. At E3, when Nintendo was asked about having 'anything for the hardcore gamer', they kept bringing up the same 3 games, and nothing else. I've looked towards the end of the year, and beyond, and I can't find any worthwhile reason to keep my Wii beyond these three games.

My original plan was to get a Wii, then wait until prices dropped and pick up an 360. Now, my financial situation has changed, and it's looking like for the next couple years I'll have to decide between one, or the other. I'm looking at the 360, and seeing a number of quality games already out(Dead Rising, Gears of War, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Burnout), and even better games in the future(DMC 4, SH 4, RE5, MGS4[wait a couple months], Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Stranglehold, that gundam/dynasty warriors game, GTA IV, Guitar Hero 3). And looking at the Wii, I see Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers, Metroid, and maybe Mushroom Men.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason to keep my Wii that I'm not aware of? Or should I go ahead and take my Wii and my games down to Gamestop this weekend and trade the load in for a 360?

Sell it on ebay or something if possible. Trade ins are never worth the value of doing so.

If you're only capable of owning one system and feasibly affording it, then a 360 may be in your best interest.

The Wii has plenty of games lined up, problem is Nintendo have becoming utterly self absorbed and obsessed with the "casual gamer" which is somewhat alienating people.

Metroid Prime 3, NiGHTs, Battalion Wars 2, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brothers: Brawl all have my interest. Plus a smattering of other things that are curiosities: Dewy's Adventure, de Blob, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 and a few others.

I can however see the lack of games most people do. The traditional fare so to speak, which the 360 and to a lesser extent the PS3 are loaded with.

I also find the 360 a comparable value, money wise to the Wii. Upgrade the Wii's processor a bit and the graphics chip obviously, add in a 20 gig harddrive. And you can easily get the extra money out of it that you can from a 360. If you get what I mean. It comes down entirely to the games you want to play.

And if nothing on the Wii interests you much, get rid of it and get a 360. Pretty simple.

Edited by Vilge Duin

Nah, sell the Wii. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii at work was a depressing experience. It didn't look as good as the PS2 version and the controls were ropey.

Warioware was annoying (quirky and fun but annoying).

Bowling is the most fun I've had on it.

Mario Footy isn't good enough. It's not a proper football game but not pure stupid entertainment.

The same place you apparently do GoGo.

Hah.

Yes, but Parts Unknown is a very big place

If he's from the north side of Parts Unknown I'm not doing business with him. Everyone knows that the northerners are yuppie scum.

... actually, it doesn't matter either way because I lost my mind and won one on eBay just a couple of minutes ago. Uh. Yes.

Can GoGo afford it, or are we going to be in store for some fun tales of eBay hijinks?

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Can GoGo afford it, or are we going to be in store for some fun tales of eBay hijinks?

I have $500 left from my trip to Japan, and it's costing $350 total. I'm fine.

I feel the same way - now that I've beaten Zelda, I have basically no use for the system, and my PS2 gets pretty much all of my gaming attention. At least I'm just loaning mine from a friend though, and I'll have given it up by the end of next month, at which time I'm going back to college where I can just freeload off of my housemates' games and systems.

I didn't think I'd get any offers for it. Sure, I could probably get more money selling it to one of y'all, but dammit, I got a 4 day weekend lined up, and was looking forward to getting a 360 this weekend. I'm heavily conflicted. Is there a way any one of you could potentially get me the money by Saturday? :shifty: