Shitty musical genres

YI

Blink 182, and everything they've ever been associated with, whatever genres all that shit fall under. Pop-punk, I suppose. But not decent pop-punk like The Buzzcocks or Exploding Faces, only the more recent shit. Anything post-Green Day, including most of Green Day's creative output.

Did you happen to mean the Exploding Hearts there? Just wondering.

You did touch on one genre I completely forgot, that power metal shit. I was actually meaning to mention it but got sidetracked with the other shit. That is some of the cheesiest shit I've ever heard in music, utterly ridiculous. I like good guitar work, and I like music that has an epic feel to it, but this shit is just to over the top for me.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blink 182, and everything they've ever been associated with, whatever genres all that shit fall under. Pop-punk, I suppose. But not decent pop-punk like The Buzzcocks or Exploding Faces, only the more recent shit. Anything post-Green Day, including most of Green Day's creative output.

Did you happen to mean the Exploding Hearts there? Just wondering.

I did. I think I got mixed up with the band name and "Making Teenage Faces" and just spazzed out a little there.

Death Metal :shifty:

Most contemporary hip hop that only talks about killing nghs & raping bitches. There are a few exceptions such as Ghostface, Lupe, Shinoda, Jay Z and Styles.

As much as I love Sex Pistols, whatever fucking genre PiL were, they were fucking bad.

I'm with Keith on Black Metal also, although I can listen to a few black metal bands. It's not as bad as death.

House/trance/techno/rave whatever the fuck you want to call it. Chav shite. And no, there are no exceptions.

Nu-rave.

Britpop.

Contemporary Indie. You know the stuff.

As much as I love Sex Pistols, whatever fucking genre PiL were, they were fucking bad.

:( You're not my friend any more. PiL > Pistols. Death Disco is one of the finest songs ever recorded, and Metal Box one of the finest albums. That said, latter day PiL was shit.

I like to think of myself as really open minded when it comes to music, as I have dance, rap, punk, alt-rock, rock, pop-rock, etc. etc. on my computer, however somethings I can't really get are;

MCing. Really, people say music i listen to is shit because you can't understand what they're saying, then they put on some motormouthed chav just speaking as quickly as he can it's fucking atrocious.

Also some of the metal music, I like stuff like In Flames and stuff like that, melodic stuff. But I really don't like the whatever type of metal music it is that bands with name like "Pig's Sodomized Anus" and "Goat Necrophilia" are.

Also I have a dislike for the Warhammer-esque bands like Skummy related to, with their whole "dragons and fire" sort of take on everything. Reminds me of the awesome Freak Kitchen video >_>

The vocals and drums are still horrible. It's just noise. The rest of the instrumentation sounds more like power metal meets death metal. I just don't understand how anybody can get pleasure from sitting at home listening to that.

EDIT: To Bushmeister.

Edited by Nerf Herder

The main genre I hate is the so-called indie bands that plague Radio 1 like Razorlight, Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs - anything the NME whores as revolutionary when its just pop music. Boring pop music at that, and who really cares if the Arctic Monkeys are so unimaginative (or as the NME like to say: "working class") that they have an album singing about a night out in Sheffield, using slang and all?!

I hate gangster rap as it eclipses rappers who actually have more to say than slapping ho's, hanging in cribs and making millions despite living on the street.

And I also hate stupid dance music, basically anything non-IDM.

Just to add to my hates, I forgot how much I despise the shit my sister listens too...

Apparantly dubbed "Scouse-House" although theres nothing Liverpudlian about it, its just shit club tunes, usually covers of classic songs with some other bird singing it, and then some wanker scally making a noise over the type trying to rap or MC "bubba-bubba-da!! blah-blah-blah! mc-crew-in-da-harse!" It sounds fucking stupid and anyone who calls it music should be shot.

Actually, Machiavellian aren't that bad y'know. I'm not a fan of the drums at parts, but that's because I'm not a death metal fan (really? NO WAI!), but the vocals seem more metalcore than anything to me, and I like metalcore a fair bit. Do some shows in St. Helens and I'll come along.

Death Metal :shifty:

Most contemporary hip hop that only talks about killing nghs & raping bitches. There are a few exceptions such as Ghostface, Lupe, Shinoda, Jay Z and Styles.

I'm with Keith on Black Metal also, although I can listen to a few black metal bands. It's not as bad as death.

House/trance/techno/rave whatever the fuck you want to call it. Chav shite. And no, there are no exceptions.

Nu-rave.

Britpop.

Contemporary Indie. You know the stuff.

Rave & techno are awesome.

PENDULUMMMM basically falls into that genre to most people, despite being badass drum&bass.

& ska should die. I can accept almost everything, but not ska.

Not a huge fan of HCXKJBCKJSNCDS ROOOARRR FVDSHVJDFD RRAAWWWRRR death metal, though I can happily listen to bands from each are of metal.

Edited by 'P.S.' Summers