Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never managed to get van der Vaart to play well for me. In fact, I've never got anyone to play well in the AMC position in FM08 :(

Luis Jimenez and Denilson, both cheap as (especially Jimenez, you just can't get him until his loan at inter finishes, as for Denilson, he always gets listed by Arsenal). For my Rovers team, signed Denilson in 2008, won young player of the year for the 2008/09 season and 09/10 season. Jimenez is a god of assists. Give them a try.

As for VDV, I agree, for some reason getting him to play anything other than crap is hard for some reason, maybe his stats aint too reflective of real life, I don't know.

SilentBob, use Fernandez as your left winger, he is a beast, especially if you have a farrow which curves into the left of the fc role, he cuts the defense up and powers long range shots into the net. Scored 19 goals for me in his first season before going down for 8 months with a cruciate ligament injury :( I'm having to use Rossi as a left winger now.

Edited by cmb211087

My signings ended up being Nordtveit from Arsenal as he turned into a quality defender during my 5 season Arsenal game, Aaritalo as a back-up left winger (amazing player considering he costs £300k! Goal and 2 assists on his debut!), and Yoann Gouffran (spelling?), dont know much about him or whether he's any good but he has quite good stats for his price. Tried to get Arshavin but couldnt get a work permit.

Van Der Vaart has gone down for 2 months with a dodgy hip, so at the moment i'm playing Aaritalo left wing, Fernandez AMC, and Elano right wing, but i may change it to Fernandez left, Elano AMC, and Gouffran right to see if cmb's tactic with Fernandez works.

Yeah he isnt fantastic, was tempted to sell him cos Fernandez always seems to work wonders at AMC. If I can find a quality cheap-ish left winger, i may get rid of Van Der Vaart and stick Fernandez in at AMC.

My signings ended up being Nordtveit from Arsenal as he turned into a quality defender during my 5 season Arsenal game, Aaritalo as a back-up left winger (amazing player considering he costs £300k! Goal and 2 assists on his debut!), and Yoann Gouffran (spelling?), dont know much about him or whether he's any good but he has quite good stats for his price. Tried to get Arshavin but couldnt get a work permit.

Van Der Vaart has gone down for 2 months with a dodgy hip, so at the moment i'm playing Aaritalo left wing, Fernandez AMC, and Elano right wing, but i may change it to Fernandez left, Elano AMC, and Gouffran right to see if cmb's tactic with Fernandez works.

thats a weird one on Arshavin, I always manage to get a work permit for him, as for Gouffran, awesome player, in my past games I used him as a lone striker, he absolutely ripped apart defenses, scored over 40 goals one season, including a hat trick against each of man u, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool. If you get his player instructions right, he scores for fun. Infact I will post the player instructions for fernandez and gouffran 2moro if you want? Obviously you may not get the same effects as the other 9 player instructions won't be the same, but its help for you if you want it :)

I've never managed to get van der Vaart to play well for me. In fact, I've never got anyone to play well in the AMC position in FM08 :(

Luis Jimenez and Denilson, both cheap as (especially Jimenez, you just can't get him until his loan at inter finishes, as for Denilson, he always gets listed by Arsenal). For my Rovers team, signed Denilson in 2008, won young player of the year for the 2008/09 season and 09/10 season. Jimenez is a god of assists. Give them a try.

As for VDV, I agree, for some reason getting him to play anything other than crap is hard for some reason, maybe his stats aint too reflective of real life, I don't know.

SilentBob, use Fernandez as your left winger, he is a beast, especially if you have a farrow which curves into the left of the fc role, he cuts the defense up and powers long range shots into the net. Scored 19 goals for me in his first season before going down for 8 months with a cruciate ligament injury :( I'm having to use Rossi as a left winger now.

Yup, Jimenez is a standout for me in this game, but I used him in a 3 man central midfield with a farrow. I haven't managed to work out a tactic that gets anyone to play well behind the striker, which annoys me as I've tried it in various ways - a playmaker feeding two pacy strikers, behind a single target man with two advanced wingers and even with a pair of AMCs behind a striker of varying kinds. Free role or not, direct team football or not, never seems to work :(

Try it with him just behind the lone striker, but with a farrow curving towards the left of the striker, with another amc next next to him without any arrows, that way he gets everywhere, drags defenders away, and allows the other amc to just slice open the defence thus letting your main striker score loads. Its hard to describe, its part of the ICAM tactic on sortitoutsi I think, works well though

Will definitely give that a try as I've been leaning towards a one striker system so I can buy central midfielders to my heart's content.

What kind of striker do you use? What stats are important for each AMC?

Yeah, VDV was always crappy at AMC for me, mainly because he just loved to shoot from long distances even though I had long shots at rare and tried to limit his creative freedom. Dumped him and brought in Anderson from Man Utd who was awesome, played just the role I wanted him to.

My tactics are more suited to the Serie A. I ALWAYS win the Serie A when I play, but I can't get the Premiership.

Won 7 Serie A titles with Inter Milan, in a row, and 3 European trophies. Plus a shit load of Italian Cups.

I had Maxi Rodriguez as an AMC in my Liverpool game and he was amazing, he was already on 30 goals for the season in January. Whilst Elano did a damn fine job for me when i was Man City. This could be because i had two target men up front and him running into the box, but he still did well.

Will definitely give that a try as I've been leaning towards a one striker system so I can buy central midfielders to my heart's content.

What kind of striker do you use? What stats are important for each AMC?

Heres part of the tactic, including the player instructions that yourself and silentbob may find useful

Team tactic:

capturegg2.jpg

Winger instructions:

capture1qh8.jpg

Cm instructions:

capture2cx9.jpg

Fw instructions:

capture3qp0.jpg

That's amazing, thanks a lot, gonna give this a try tonight. Interesting that the wingers have a defensive mentality but everything else on the more attacking end of things. Suppose that's to keep them from staying in the box when the team has possession. Reckon they'll do a lot of running so stamina's probably even more important than it normally is for a winger.