Football Manager 2008

Dan

Ended up 4th in the A-League with Queensland, which is their highest ever finish since the league began. Beat Central Coast (3rd) in the first leg and drew with them in the second to get through to the Preliminary final and was matching them until my centre back Ben Griffin (has my highest rating and is my highest scorer in the A-League) was sent off right before halftime for elbowing someone, meaning I played the second half with 10 men and they eventually scored to win 1-0 :(

And Newcastle ended up winning the Final, which would make CWB happy at least :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

My Partizan game is going well. Into February, and still undefeated all season. 8 points clear of Red Star at the top of the table, into the Semi-Finals of the Serbian Cup, and got through the Group Stages of the UEFA Cup top of my group (my group had Shaktar, FC Utrecht, Lillestrom and Villareal in it). Now have Getafe in the first knockout round.

Partizan have a hell of a youth set-up - I've ditched a lot of the first team and given guys in the reserves / U19's runs in the team. Had a young Montenegro striker called Stevan Jovetic who I moved into an AMC role, and he was playing so well that FC Kopenhagen came in with a £3.5 million bid that my chairman just accepted above my head.

Let's see if I can keep the momentum going till the end of the season.

The SI forums are having their own timewarp. This one's even more confusing - some posts, at random, seem to date themselves 24-03-08, appear as the OP, move the thread to the back of the forum and make it impossible to post in it. Great fun when even threads asking what the fuck's going on are leaping around the forums and have half the posts going in at the top and the other half at the bottom :D

Okay probably showing just how retarded I am. I want to re-sign two of my players. Problem being they want to be key players, yet when I go into the contract screen I can only change it to senior then first-team/rotation/back-up. Which also means I can't offer them enough money. Really don't want to transfer the guys I am trying to build around.

Edited by QuomQuat

Ok, so I just left Portsmouth and have joined Tottenham. My task is to make Tottenham into the best team in the world. Just typing that makes me feel icky. Luckily I have £40m to spend, so I'm going to raid my old club for a couple of players like Samba, Saivet, Ramsey and (unlikely) Saviola.

I'm tempted to try and go through a game only joining clubs that are rivals of the previous club. It'd be tough and unless i was successful from day one i'd find it hard to find a club that would accept me but it'd feel so rewarding to be an utter cunt towards previous fans.

Especially if i was to move from Celtic to Rangers, but i'd find it hard to work from rangers onwards.

Saviola? Oh dear.

I got him for £3m at Portsmouth somehow, I have no idea how I mananaged to get him that cheap and his valuation is now £14.5m and got about 25 goals last season. Saviola = God.

Saviola? Oh dear.

I got him for £3m at Portsmouth somehow, I have no idea how I mananaged to get him that cheap and his valuation is now £14.5m and got about 25 goals last season. Saviola = God.

I hope you know that 3ed World Children are living in hunger so you can have such bargins. Shame on you.

By 25 goals I actually meant 43. Close. Oh, I also stole Baptista for £2.8m. To hell with 3rd world kids...I ask, can any of THEM score 43 goals in 57 games?

i shall never ever trust my overpaied assistant manager again, he just put only one goaly (whom is injured) in my UEFA Cup squad and thereebye caused the elimination of my team.

Is it just me or dos the goaly decide how good or bad the defending and finishing of the field players is? No defender dos get any ball now, no striker shoots besides the goal, just every shot goes in, no matter what.

So I resigned as Queensland Roar manager because they didn't give me a transfer budget for the next season, meaning I couldn't really bring in many good players (got Brad Jones and a Jamaican central defender on frees, but they restrict you to 4 foreign players AND you can't buy people from any of the other A-League teams (which is really shit)). And even the decent Aussies from other, local sides didn't want to join, so I got left with squat <_<

Now starting a new game and I'm just gonna be the first team which pops up on random, which just happens to be Sutton United from Blue Square South. Yoy, this should be fun.

Edit: So if you have a few leagues going (I've got ~16), does that mean the reserve and Under 18 leagues don't run? Gay.

Edited by Zaz

• Admin

Finished my 1st season with Partizan.

Won the League by 6 points (undefeated all season, woot!)

Won the Serbian Cup (beat my feeder team in the final, who had hilariously managed to get through)

Got to the 1st Knockout round of the UEFA Cup, lost to Getafe

This makes me the 9th Greatest Manager in Serbian League history. Not bad for the first season.

Second season, I've won the Serbian Super Cup, and have reached the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round. Have signed Dalibor Veselenovic from OFK Belgrade (6' 6" forward who scored 24 for them last season), and promoted a load more of my youth team whilst selling off the whiners in my reserves. Have also been flooded by a load of people coming back from loan, so squad clearout time!

Also lodged bids for Alessandro Del Piero, Louis Saha, Pablo Garcia & Christian Panucci (all on the transfer list for a combined sum of less than £2million). However, not one of them will consider moving to Belgrade. Boooooooooooo.

I'm at Blackburn at the moment, I am very tempted to bring back Matt Jansen or go for Clint Mathis. The problem being with Jansen that he hasn't played for a while, I would sign him and stick him in the reserves squad meaning that he would not get a proper game for sometime. I need more time to think on who to sign before the season starts.

My first year in Singapore was awesome. I signed some south american talent who practically owned the league. I lost in the semis of the first cup, only because the team was shit without the players I bought. Then on the second cup, I had a 4-1 lead from the first leg. In the second, we played the most shit game of the year, losing 4-1 and starting extra time. I defended so we could get to penalties, but on the 122nd minute (fucking referee) they score.

We still won the league, though, and I entered the Singaporean HOF. In the summer I tried really hard to move, but no team would take me. In the end I just signed a new contract and reinforced the defense with a couple of new players. Only on frees though, as for some reason the club won't give me the slightest budget even with nearly a million in the bank.

Ive just got to the end of my first season at Liverpool and finished fourth. Now the coefficients page says that England gets four entrants into the ECC, and three in the EC. Yet, next to Liverpool on the final league table is 'EC'. Anyone know why that is?