Ingmar Bergman dies

Skummy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6921960.stm

That makes me sad. Easily one of the best film-makers ever, even in his twilight years when he was re-treading old ground for much of the time, he was still light-years ahead of all but the very best in the business, and it's a great shame to have lost him.

This has alerted me to this knight/Death chess thing in one of his films which scares me only because I nearly wrote the exact same thing once for GSCE English.

I'd wager you were subconsciously aware of the scene or the concept, either through the medieval art depicting Death playing chess, or through some kind of knowledge of The Seventh Seal; it's one of those films that relatively few people have seen, but practically everyone seems to have some kind of knowledge of it, simply because there have been so many parodies and homages to it. It's such an iconic figurehead film that most people are aware of it, knowingly or otherwise, before they ever see it.