2007/2008 Hockey Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Looking back at the pictures I took of the Bruins/Habs game I went to...any time I see a shot of the Boston bench, I keep expecting a group of four or five players - including Sturm, Metropolit, Nokelainen, and one guy I can't identify - to burst out into a barbershop quartet. :D

Guest Grapehead

So I just went back and checked my preseason predictions for the standings, and I was way off on a number of them, which sucks haha. Ottawa just barely held onto a playoff spot, Washington slipped in at the last possible second, and Vancouver had their own little fall from grace. It was definitely an interesting season, and I'd say the Eastern playoffs are wide open right now. I'll post my playoff predictions after the final seedings are decided tonight.

You pick players from each conference separately (something like 6 forwards, 4 defense, 2 goalies per conference) and you get points for goals, assists, etc (you can usually add or take away any stats you like, but for playoffs it tends to be more simplified, just goals, assists, and wins for goalkeepers). Of course, since it's playoffs, the players drop out each round. There is no maintenance, you just picked what players you think will rack up the points, win games, and survive in the post season and they do the rest for you.

It's better when it's for money, but harmless fun if there is an EWB one.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

we should do that puckcast too. I am off work at 7 today and have two days off.

Puckcast I am totally down for.

So... um, last night Montreal played another solid game. I've never seen the city erupt like that after a game though. Like 2 thirds of the Bell Center spilled out onto Ste. Catherines street afterwards and partied till like 3am. Honestly, the streets were blocked full of people, singing, ole'ing, beating up Leafs fans, it was insane.

So... um, last night Montreal played another solid game. I've never seen the city erupt like that after a game though. Like 2 thirds of the Bell Center spilled out onto Ste. Catherines street afterwards and partied till like 3am. Honestly, the streets were blocked full of people, singing, ole'ing, beating up Leafs fans, it was insane.

The French still need like 5 to 1 odds to pick a fight?

The French still need like 5 to 1 odds to pick a fight?

No... it was actually just one guy beating up all the Leafs fans. Georges St. Pierre's gotta get ready for his fight with Matt Serra somehow.

That was one of the most frustrating games I've watched in a long time. The Flyers could seemingly do no wrong. Makes me kind of glad we won't have to see them in the first round. But still...#1 in the Conference would have been nice.

Colorado avoided San Jose just by getting to overtime with Minnesota.

I was hoping for Minnesota instead of the Sharks... but we're 3 and 1 against San Jose this year, and our third and fourth line guys are hot. If they stay good through the playoffs, I think we'll see Calgary surprise a lot of people.