Best Cover Songs

New Damage

Yeah, so, what do you think are the best cover versions of songs?

Heres a few of my faves, original artist in [brackets]

"Anyway You Want It" - Rise Against [Journey]

Classic song gone punk. Need I say more.

"Once In A Lifetime" - The Exies [Talking Heads]

Without the weirdness of Talking Heads.

"Land Of Confusion" - Disturbed [Genesis]

:D

"Faith" - Limp Bizkit [George Michael]

Everyone knows this one.

"Simple Man" - Shinedown [Lynard Skynnard]

Superb voice, carrys the song.

"Saturday Nights Alright (For Fighting)" - Nickelback & Kid Rock [Elton John]

Not 'ghey'.

"The Man Who Sold The World" - Nirvana (Unplugged) [David Bowie]

It's at Unplugged, it's Nirvana.

"Where Did You Sleep Last Night" - Nirvana (Unplugged) [?]

Amazing, pours his heart into it. Especially good as I think it's Cobain's last performance and that was the last song of the night?

"Higher Ground" - Red Hot Chilli Peppers [stevie Wonder]

Funky!

Edited by TheModernWay

On behalf of the more musically inclined on the forum, I beg of you to get taste and once you get it never let it go. Cling to every last second of it.

Amazing, pours his heart into it. Especially good as I think it's Cobain's last performance and that was the last song of the night?

It is the last song of the night, but it wasn't Nirvana's last show. Still an incredible song though.

And it was done by Leadbelly.

It is the last song of the night, but it wasn't Nirvana's last show. Still an incredible song though.

And it was done by Leadbelly.

Actually it was a slave song. Leadbelly is just one of many to have released versions of it (I always thought it was Leadbelly's too until I wiki'd it to make sure yesterday).

Ahh, fair enough. It always gets credited as thus though, and I didn't bother to check to be honest.

I'm partial to Johnny & June Carter Cash's rendition of Jackson as well as Johnny Cash's cover of Rusty Cage. Also, Demons & Wizards' cover of Zeppelin's Immigrant Song and the Bauhaus' cover of Bowie's Ziggy Stardust.

Edited by Cloudy

I do love Bauhaus' cover of "Ziggy Stardust", especially the ridiculous theatrics of a live performance of it, but it's a little too close to the original for me to consider it a truly "great" cover.

I love cover versions, so I hate filling in these things 'cos there'll always be some I forget, but I do enjoy the entirety of Fantomas' "Directors Cut" album, Rage Against The Machine's "Beautiful World" (Devo) and "Ghost Of Tom Joad" (Springsteen), Bob Dylan's "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" (Elvis), Pixies' "In Heaven" (David Lynch), and even though it's a bit naff, I'm currently loving Ciccone Youth's "Addicted To Love".

Whiskey in the jar - Metallica [Thin Lizzy]

That is an Irish Folk song actually.

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" - Warren Zevon [bob Dylan]

Fixed.

Double Fixed.

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo