Xbox 360 broke!

Your Mom

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a brief power cut before and my lights dimmed, i checked my Xbox (which was paused at the time) and there were three red rings.

I was sure that meant the end, but as soon as i restarted it it worked again, i think the idea is that if the Xbox thinks that there is an internal problem (power failure/cant read disc) then it flashes three red rings even though it might still be alright.

Then again i'm not sure if there was a green ring in between the three red rings, i seem to remember something flashing while looking at it

My unit had that happen earlier this summer....like it was mentioned they'll send out a box with a UPS shipping label. Send it to them....and it'll be back in about 7-10 days. When mine came back it wouldn't sync with any of my controllers. I haven't touched the unit in a couple of months but have to send it out again this week.

Also, if you do need to send it in and they replace it rather than repair it, you need to be prepared for a little trouble with XBL content. I think the usage rights are tied to your console rather than your account so you'll have stuff like XBLA arcades only being trails unless you're signed into XBL. I've read stuff online about people calling M$ and getting them to reimburse all their points so that's one rememdy if you can get them to do it for you.

Of course you might not even get that far. Just a warning though.

I dont mean to start a console war or anything, but I own a Wii and my neighbor a PS3 and we have NEVER had problems with our respective consoles. Yeah, I almost once broke the TV screen after a flying remote, but nothing worse than that.

Fact of the matter is I considered getting a 360 for this christmas, but seeing all the problems everyone has(and not only here, other gaming forums are flooded with red lights complaints, including one guy who got the console and it died in three days) I better save up my money and upgrade my PC instead.

For anyone who is following this, does Microsoft know the cause of this problem? Because the 360 looks hot, but I am not going to invest on something unless they find a way to permanently fix it.

Does anyone know if the new 360 Elites come with 2 heatsinks to help fix the problems? I'd heard Microsoft were doing so, in which case anyone looking to buy one for Christmas would be wise to get one of those... not to mention they're a better deal anyway with the bigger hard drive etc.

not to mention they're a better deal anyway with the bigger hard drive etc.

Depends on what people plan to do with it. I could have waited a few days and gotten an elite but there wasn't much difference and I don't plan on downloading movies and television shows. Game saves and the Arcade games will leave plenty of room on the 20gb versions. It really just depends on what the buyer is looking to do with the 360. That extra 100 can go towards games, accessories, etc. to their white 360 if they don't plan to use much memory.