Xbox 360 broke!

Your Mom

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who is following this, does Microsoft know the cause of this problem? Because the 360 looks hot, but I am not going to invest on something unless they find a way to permanently fix it.

From what I've read yes and they have fixed it for the consoles that are in stores now. I believe they fixed the problem on the production line. And Wii/PS3 have their own problems as it not being fun and as for Sony, they shouldn't talk... PS2 was a travesty.

Well my PS2 is still working seven years after I purchased it (one of the very first batches with the big chunks of metal randomly inside).

Also, the newer 360s we have in store (made in the last year or more recently) make no difference, they haven't properly solved the problems, in fact there seems to be more of a problem of constant freezing and crashing (with the screen fuzzing and the picture breaking into lines) nowadays than with the red ring of death. This is just as big a problem.

And as I've already said we're getting Elites back with the same usual issues.

We've still only had one Wii back (that tiny thin wire to the infra red reader was split) and one Wii remote which we replaced and one other Wii remote (owner had put in dead batteries - duh :shifty:)

Stupid new consoles always breaking, it wasn't like this back in my day! Our SNES only packed in randomly the other year and we've had that as long as I can remember, in fact i'm fairly sure we got it when SFII came out so do the maths. Then we got another off a friend of my brothers and I can only assume that is old as well but it is still going.

Big business and their profit margins eh?

this 360 is only the second system I've had break down, other was PS2, one of the original models, lasted awhile, it died when they released those games that the original model's disc drive couldn't read properlyIt was having problems here and there before then, but it was when they came out that it went over the edge

PS2s are easy enough to sort out if the laser "stops working". Just need to open it up, clean it out a bit then it'll work very nicely again (after closing the case up again).

My brother's Mega Drive still works, my Amiga is still running as well as the day it was made, and I've come across many many SNES and NES consoles that work just fine.

Cartridge consoles seem to survive better basically.

Plus you know where you stand with a cart if it doesn't work. Just give it a good sharp blow.

Exactly. Blow into the cart, blow into the console, give it a shake maybe and happy days.

Bloody modern technology...CDs are far too fragile and prone to problems.

This is a true story. My dog pissed on my SNES back in the day, and apart from the game that was in it at the time (which unfortunately was link to the past :( ) the SNES itself still worked perfect!

I have no idea how the cartridge broke though and not the SNES, or both.

Edited by BleedMe

Yeah and it's amazing that all the games with backup battery like Shining Force and Phantasy Star STILL WORK!! I can still play my old saves and all. Now that's quality!

Compare that to legend of the dragoon for the PS1. Bought it and kinda got hooked in it. Next thing I know the first CD falls to the floor and gets a gargantuan scratch and now it skips and I cant play it.

I think that console/game makers today need to do something to improve the quality of their stuff. There is far too many broken systems and games out there.

Stupid new consoles always breaking, it wasn't like this back in my day! Our SNES only packed in randomly the other year and we've had that as long as I can remember, in fact i'm fairly sure we got it when SFII came out so do the maths. Then we got another off a friend of my brothers and I can only assume that is old as well but it is still going.

Big business and their profit margins eh?

Did you ever own an NES? Where you had to blow into cartridges for thirty minutes just to get the game to kinda work? Not to mention constant freezing and such.

Most consoles crap out; the only ones I really remember holding up back in the day were the Genesis and SNES (even though my SNES crapped out on me back in the day too). As I mentioned, the NES had its notorious issues, the Master System was horrible hardware, the TurboGrafx 16 had issues with reading the game cards, the original Playstation was abysmal, had overheating issues all over the place and had to be flipped over to work properly, etc. The PS2 had the infamous disc read errors, and of course, now we have the 360.

Of course, the 360's issues just sprung up after a year or so from its release; Nintendo's hardware has held up quite well since the SNES days, but with the unique nature of the Wii, who knows? Sony doesn't have a good track record at all with launch hardware at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if PS3's started crapping out.

• 3 weeks later...

Which part of the connection has the problem? If you go to the System blade on the dashboard, and go into Network Settings, you should be able to figure out whats causing the problem by running a connection test.