Pro Evo 2008 demo online

Crybaby Bunting

Seems like a big improvement over 2007, which was a massive step back for the series. Quicker, and pacey players actually seem to have an advantage. I remember on the last game players like Hyypia and Terry could go as fast as anyone.

Diving is good fun, if a little fucked. I've got freekicks when the defender is nowhere near me, but got caught out when I'm surrounded by two or three defenders all going in for a tackle.

Hopefully they won't change the engine too much, although I still think there's a problem with getting fullbacks to overlap properly. They seem reluctant to go forward unless you pass it to them then do a one-two, they won't got on their own accord.

I've played a bit more. Still not fully sold, but the game isn't out for a while so I imagine some things will be tweaked and fixed. It is very playable though.

I had my first 'Pro Evolution Soccer' match, IE a match where I hammer my opponents, can't score, and the CPU attacks at the end and scores a lucky goal to win. Fuck David Villa. Fuck him right in the ear.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the PS3 yesterday and noticed that Play.com apparently have the game in stock as of now, which is about the only place that have it already. Considering ordering it off there, but I don't want to do that and then it just arrives on Friday, which wouldn't be much different to buying it in the shop that morning.

As for the game itself, looking brilliant if you ask me. Nice to see they've finally added the diving/shirt pulling, because the game needed it just to add that small bit of realism. Played the PC version but it's almost impossible to judge the game when you're using a keyboard as the control :shifty: Should be a step up from the last Pro Evo, but I'll wait until I play it on PS3 to judge how better it is.