The Misfits

ravenjuice

I remember a few years ago Keith posted a topic after going to see The Misfits, stating how awesome they are, and after last night, I feel obliged to reinstate that fact. It was the fastest hour and a half of my life. Jerry Only even came out to do his own soundcheck after the last support band had finished. They played a shit load of the Danzig stuff and a few Graves tracks, with some Black Flag mixed in.

My ears are still fucking ringing. It was an absolutely brilliant night. Anyone who likes music should really go check them out, it's not like they're expensive. Anyone else seeing them on this tour?

Nah they didn't play anything new, and due to lack of publicity I'm not to sure we're going to see this new album for a long time yet. And yeah it was the same three, can't remember all the Black Flag songs they played, but they definitely played Rise Above and Six pack.

I went to the show at Nottingham, and Jerry started slagging off Robin Hood and no one reacted to it, and he went to say something else but dropped his mic on the floor. It was a brilliant show.

I think Jerry gets too much stick too. I love the Misfits, and seeing as I'm only 18 now, I'm too young to of seen them with Graves, let alone Danzig, and because Jerry is carrying it on I got to see one of my favourite bands live, even if it wasn't the classic line up.

I missed this years tour. I went to see Turisas instead.

I was gutted when I found out they were on the same day.

I justified seeing Turisas to myself by saying that it would be unlikely they'd top last years double header Misfits/Osaka Popstar show. Though while I was watching Turisas I couldn't get 'Bullet' by the Misfits out of my head.

Ah well.

Graves was cool, Danzig is untouchable though, I am very happy I got to go to the first Blackest of The Black tour, to see Doyle come out and do some Misfits tunes.

Well then, you won't want to miss the Blackest tour this year. Danzig and Doyle will most likely bust out some classic Fits tracks when Danzig goes on tour with Doyle's new band Gorgeous Frankenstein.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm bumping this...as I discovered something today. Does anyone know where I can track down Misfits bootlegs? It's just I just found out that in a tour in 2000, Zoli Téglás of the AWESOME "Ignite" did vocals...and I want to track down some of those shows. Anyone know of any places that will have them?

Edited by YI

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to hear Zoli singing for the Misfits...think it'd be damn awesome since his voice is friggin great.

Also interesting to hear...the singer for the Vandals filled in for Jim in Pennywise for a bit during a few dates before...like to hear that