Anime Mafia II Sign-Ups

First off: WHAT THE FUCK?! APPA, BETTER THEN AZULA?! OH, COME THE FUCK ON!

Appa is ten kinds of awesome, but all that awesome doesn't equal, much less even TOUCH, how awesome and coldly badass Azula is. You best believe, Momo.

Which reminds me... if I see an Avatar character make their way into this game, I will squeal like a little girl.

"People of the fire nation... I'm about to show you, why I will be your next firelord."

*cue techno music, funky dances*

"I'M A ONE MAN ARMY!"

Edited by The Mask of Norro

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cue stokie replying "NARUTO is really overrated" in five, four, three, two...

To call Naruto overrated would be to acknowledge those rating it as having an opinion worth addressing. Since even the clinically-retarded are able to recognise the lack of value in the franchise, I consequently find the concept of doing so rather redundant.

First off: WHAT THE FUCK?! APPA, BETTER THEN AZULA?! OH, COME THE FUCK ON!

Appa is ten kinds of awesome, but all that awesome doesn't equal, much less even TOUCH, how awesome and coldly badass Azula is. You best believe, Momo.

Which reminds me... if I see an Avatar character make their way into this game, I will squeal like a little girl.

Luckily, I don't count Stok as an expert (EDIT: or even remotely knowledgeable) on anime, or I might stop watching the goodness that is Naruto.

What would it take to convince you otherwise? I'm merely interested in saving your soul. :shifty:

Well, I think what Plubby's trying to say is that not being a crazed anime elitist cosplayer disqualifies you from having an opinion, even one as clearly fair and just as Naruto being retardedness condensed into one bitesize package.

And it's not splitting hairs. By the technical definition of anime, it's NOT AN ANIME. >_>

Edited by The Evil Overlord

Also giving people a reason as to why we should fear the poof in his sig would help too. wtf is that guy?

Fear Lelouch because he could make you commit suicide just by looking at you and uttering two or three words. Also, the being Batshit In the Name of Justice thing and all.

It is, at most, an anime-inspired cartoon. Although I personally wouldn't even go that far. :shifty:

The creators have openly admitted to taking inspiration from multitudes of animes, and during one interview I think they even said one of their characters was inspired from Cowboy Bebop. If you're going to say anything, "anime-inspired cartoon" would fit the mold perfect, because it is.

Most people would assume anime means "Japanese animation", but really it's more of the style in which the art is done in. Much like in cartoons, there are multiple styles, there are also in anime; saying something isn't anime just because it's not done in Japan really doesn't 'work', as once again: anime is an 'art' form, not a asian-only cartoon form.

That being said... Avatar could admittedly just as easily be construed as the middle-ground between cartoon and anime, as it borrows elements left and right from both-- both in the events during the show, the fight scenes, and the art stye itself.

What's more, if you were to REALLY push the whole "It's an American show! It's not anime if it's not asian!" thing, I'd have to bring up the fact that it's drawn, and animated, in a Korean Art Studio. By Koreans. So... yeah.

tl;dr: Avatar could pretty easily be called an anime, and it work. It has all the qualifications of an anime, and all the qualifications of a cartoon. So really, it's both. TEOL's just a stubborn wanker with his thumb up his arse about what can and can't be anime >_>

Edited by The Mask of Norro

tl;dr: Avatar could pretty easily be called an anime, and it work. It has all the qualifications of an anime, and all the qualifications of a cartoon. So really, it's both. TEOL's just a stubborn wanker with his thumb up his arse about what can and can't be anime >_>

Don't assume that talking like you think British people talk will make me agree with you.

Don't assume that talking like you think British people talk will make me agree with you.

Was not! Overload, you clearly haven't seen me post enough to realize that I say these things without any provocation all the time, without even trying to sound or be British. They're just words in my vocabulary.

That said: I like how you didn't dispute the truth of the statement, but rather the wording of it >_>