Movie Parodies

rdarnz

Not sure I'm posting this topic in the right place, but what the heck... It's 1am and I'm tired...

I was just wondering what parodies of movies people actually found funny... I mean the Scary Movie concept was cool... it ripped shit on movies but as always with parody - there were parts especially in the sequels where you'd watch and be like... huh?!

I'm rambling on I think, but yeah... We filmed a vegetable parody of a Resevoir Dogs scene this evening... One of the highlights of my day... Ah, the things college students do to procrastinate! :D

I assume he doesn't post that much, but now all cannot find that kind of information out :shifty:

As for the topic at hand, the Scary Movie, Date Movie, Epic Movie, and now, The Comebacks(all produced by the same people). There's also Robin Hood: Men In Tights and History of the World Part 1.

Edited by Sqeak Chin Music

It was amusing going to the cinema (to see something else) when Epic Movie was on. Never before have I seen such swathes of people leaving a film mid-showing to demand their money back because, and I quote one particularly brash man in his early 20s, "It's a pile of fucking piss".

Edited by stokeriño

Scary Movie 1 was mediocre. But I hated 2,3 and 4. I chose not to watch Date Movie and Epic Movie. They looked awful.

Not Another Teen Movie was also very bad.

Would Grindhouse count as a parody? Cause to me it's a comedy, I don't consider it a horror or action.

All the date movies/epic movies/scary movies suck hard.

Grindhouse is a grindhouse movie, cheap, campy and completely badass.

The best parodies were Mel Brooks movies, like Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Blazing Saddles, History of the World Pt1., Space Balls, Young Frankenstien and Dracula Dead and Loving It.

Edited by Future-Shock

I'll go ahead and move this to where it needs to be.

Most of the parodies these days are terrible. Epic Movie was probably the worst.

If you want good parodies, you can't look any further than Airplane, Spaceballs and Hot Shots in my opinion. The only recent one which I liked was Scary Movie 1, the others were a bit boring I thought. :/

Edited by Gooner27