SEGA Genesis

OGpistolpete

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I'm starting to remember a few great games.

Mighty Max perhaps? I think it was about a kid from the future who has to collect all these car parts or some shit.

And Slim Jimmy The Worm? Man I have a horrible memory, he was a worm in a spacesuit?

Earthworm Jim is what you're thinking of, I believe.

Man I'm starting to remember a few great games.

Mighty Max perhaps? I think it was about a kid from the future who has to collect all these car parts or some shit.

And Slim Jimmy The Worm? Man I have a horrible memory, he was a worm in a spacesuit?

Earthworm Jim is what you're thinking of, I believe.

I think I completed Quackshot. Once. It must have been when I was about 15, though. Most of the time I'd get about as far as the Viking ice ship place before getting bored.

Damn these cartridge games before you could save and continue on later. :shifty: Were there any other than Sonic 3 that let you keep save games on the cartridges?

I think most sports games had the save feature, well, as far as I know the NBA Live and Tecmo Super Bowl games did.

By the way, I saw Flashback mentioned, and I remember playing that game. I could never figure out what I was supposed to do in that first level. It seemed like fun, the game gave you a decent amount of movement, and the graphics were absolutely solid for the era.

Does anybody remember Two Crude Dudes? It was a fun side scrolling beat em' up, a bit tough though. Oh yeah, and Rambo 3 was kind of fun as well.

For me it was Shinobi, Super Hang-On, Sonic 1,2(not so much 3), James Pond,T2, Golden Axe and some shitty football game, maybe Italia 90? Which console was Alex the Kidd on, I dont thin it was the megadrive, and Im sure I remember it being built into the machine.

Super Hang-On to this day is still my favorite racing game of all time, purely based on the many years me and my friends kept a log of our top scores, right through til the PSOne had its time in the sun.

Alex Kidd was built into the Master System (although later on you could get Master Systems with Sonic 1 built in instead).

Alex Kidd In Miracle World was, yes, but Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle was on the Mega Drive/Genesis.

Incidentally, my friend when I was a kid had a Game Gear he got in America, and he played a lot of American release only games (Tails Adventure FTW), and each one would come with little mini-catalogues, and I never knew what the "Genesis" was every time it was mentioned. We imagined it as some kind of mythical uber-console too good for the likes of us.