The Inevitable Rise & Liberation Of Niggy Tardust

tristy

niggy.jpg

Big news today!

As many of you know, I've been working closely with Saul Williams on his new record. We've spent many hours together in hotel rooms, busses, backstages and studios around the world working on something we knew was great. This is the most involved I've been with any project outside NIN since Antichrist Superstar, and I've been impatiently waiting for the chance for you to hear it.

Well... guess what?

The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust! has arrived! After my own recent dealings with record labels we decided to release it directly to you. Head over to www.niggytardust.com for all the details. Register now and you can download the record November 1st. Working on this project was a real pleasure. Saul was interested in breaking boundaries / crossing genres / defying expectations and we learned a great deal from one another in the process. When asked about the sound of the record, I've had to resort to "... I really don't know HOW to describe it." That's a good thing more than ever these days.

A word on the way we've chosen to release this. There are obvious similarities in how Radiohead just released their new record and the way we've chosen to. After thinking about this way too much, I feel we've improved upon their idea in a few profound ways that benefit you, the consumer. You obviously will be the judge of this in the end. One thing that IS very different in our situation is that Saul's not the household name (yet!) that Radiohead is, and that means we need your support on this more than ever. If you like what you hear, spread the word.

I hope you enjoy the music,

TR

Edited by Tristof

Incidentally, it was NIN who got me in to Saul Williams in the first place, as I saw the latter supporting the former in London, so this has me salivating with....I don't know, rap expectation, or something. I'll download it soonish, and it'd better be as good as it sounds like it should be.

So I've listened to most of it and it's damn good. Don't know how it will hold up to the pure awesomeness of the self-titled record or ARS, but in my mind it's the perfect companion piece to Year Zero. It's got the NIN production down and Williams and Reznor have very similar vocals.

I love it. First track, though.. I love it most. I dunno, it's just kind of hilarious. Especially the line about tibetan prayer wheels. But the whole album's good. So far, my favourite tracks are Black History Month, Tr(n)igger, and the Sunday Bloody Sunday cover.