PES 2008

Baddar

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me what the editing's like on the 360 version (or on any version, if it's all the same)?

360-specific, though, can you use downloaded option files, like on the PS2?

Yeah - I'm not sure how you get the OF to the 360 HD though. For the PS3 it's by using a memory stick/any USB storage device. Here's a link to a 360 OF released not that long ago - It seems pretty much like the one I'm using for PS3 now...only 8 Prem kits.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=54457

360 option files would involve getting the thing on your console. There are a few items that let you swap files between your hard drive/mem unit and your PC. I've heard of Xport and Xsata for HD's and the generically named Data Transfer Kit for MU's.

I stumbled upon some forum postings about it all which might be worth reading. I myself haven't read them in their entirity and cannot vouch for how informative they will be. This is mainly down to the fact that i'm not too fussed on the subject and threads like this mainly contain posts along the lines of "lolol thanx dudez tis iz wikked!" and "WTF IT NO WORK :@ :@ :@"

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=53776

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=54217

The main thing pointed out in them though is that this sort of thing leaves you at risk of being banned from Xbox live. A risk worth taking for a few badges?

Anyway, whilst i'm here I may as well talk about my own game. Newcastle Master League is progressing well, it's really a blessing that they start off with two great strikers in Owen and Martins. Suprisingly though Smith has shone and tops the scoring charts with 11 as we approach the transfer window. Viduka, despite my pre game plans of using him as a focal point in my attacks, hasn't really done much. His one high point was a substitute apperance against Spurs in the cup in which he looked lively and got his first and only goal of the season thus far.

I think we are about 3rd in the table after some strong results including a 6-0 demolition of Liverpool. Chelsea are mad insane at the top though after winning all their games and conceding once, against us in their 3-1 victory. We have a pretty bad defensive record, the worst around the top sides at least. Before being thrashed by us I think Liverpool were in singe figures, maybe 8 conceded and we were at least double that. As the saying goes though, we don't need no stinking defense and are the top scorers with the aformentioned trio of Martins, Owen and Smith leading the way with James Milner chipping in too.

Despite the troubiling defense I don't see myself in the market for any centre backs, being entirely pleased with Taylor, Rozenhal and Capaca. I would like a new left back though since Babayaro and Enrique don't thrill me. Matty Taylor of Pompey looks the main candidate with Gareth Barry and Ian Harte also in the running. I'm pretty stacked up front too with Ameobi in reserve to the main quartet I use. I'm set for goalies too with the brilliant Given, potential star Krul and decent backup in Harper. Midfield is an issue though. We're pretty short on cover with Milner the only real right sided player and Barton not setting the world alight with his stats. I'm looking to add Veron, Van der Vaart and Beckham to the squad.

So yeah, going well. It's a little odd though, going into it I was expecting more of a struggle but the team is doing really well. I'm on Top Player as well too so it's not like i'm on the easy mode or anything. Oh well. Another grievance I have is the change to 20 league teams instead of 16. On the face of it it's great and is much more realistic. The realism is set to go out the window next season though with the likes of Dynamo Kiev, Hammarby and Spartak Moscow as possible candidates for promotion to the Premier League. I had hoped to slap some English team names on all the custom teams but you can't even select them for Master League which sucks. At least in past versions i've had Rangers and Celtic along with 6 of the Premiership teams I don't like down in Div 2.

Edited by TheEllisComplex

Got fucked by Basel earlier 6-1 in the 1st leg of the 3rd Round of the Cup - I was at Home too...so unless I win 6-0 in Basel...it's goodbye to the Cup for this year. Probably won't get promoted either, but I'm not that bothered.

...That's because it's likely that I won't have to worry about Bayern, Kiev or Benfica next season.

Ugh.

Just decided to change my formation after the 6-1 loss, and did better against Kiev. Ended up losing 1-0, and feeling robbed at the end of it. Their goal came in the 86th minute...headed in from a corner (as the COM enjoy doing). During the game, the ref was whistle happy (not much you can do about that) and they had 2 FK's from about 25 yards out.

Why is it that when they have FK's, they either end up in a goal or the ball hits the bar and you have to try and get back to head it out for a corner? I'd say at least 85% of the time, it's one or the other. It's very rare to see either the keeper saving it, or player hitting it over. Very annoying indeed.

Oh well, that's "Teamvision" for you.

EDIT: Well, battled to a 1-1 draw against the AMAZING Basel. 7-2 loss on Agg though. :(

EDIT2: That's more like it - 2-1 win away against Ajax. No surprise that their goal came from a corner.

EDIT3: Just lost 1-0 to Zagreb - Yep, you guessed it...late header from a corner (and to win the corner, i didn't even press a button to clear it. My defender took it upon himself to hoof it into the stands...typical).

What's annoying me now is that on previous versions when the COM scored, you could give them credit and say "good goal that" - One thing that has set PES apart from Fifa over the last 4 or 5 years. Now, it's getting much the same. In Fifa, defenders can't defend, and pull away to the sides of the pitch to allow the striker to run through almost unchallenged, while in PES it seems Teamvision is causing the COM to score "cheat" goals all the time. Cheat might be a strong word to use...but it's as close to being correct as any other.

Edited by Baddar D

The biggest 'cheat' i've encountered is how the computer will pretty much always score from a corner when it could have been avoidable. Say your defender has time to clear the ball but you accidently or through no means of your own power, put the ball out. The computer then promptly score. I can see the goals coming 9 times out of 10.

The biggest 'cheat' i've encountered is how the computer will pretty much always score from a corner when it could have been avoidable. Say your defender has time to clear the ball but you accidently or through no means of your own power, put the ball out. The computer then promptly score. I can see the goals coming 9 times out of 10.

My thoughts exactly. I explained a situation similar to that up above ^.

Urgh. I didn't play this for a week because I wasn't liking it at all, but over the last few days enjoyed some friendlies, so I gave it a shot again. I started a master league as Newcastle. Game one, I play OK against Villa. They win a corner, and head it in, and win 1-0. Next game is against Chelsea. I play really well and limit them to 2 shots in the first half, 0 on target. Second half is the same, and I have some good chances. Then on the hour, they win a corner and SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS heads it in. On 65, Lmapard strikes a free-kick, Given parries, Shevchenko taps it in. I score in injury time, but lose 2-1. Game 3 is vs. Blackburn. I outplay them totally, but the game had already decided I wasn't going to score, so I dont and draw 0-0.

The CPU having everything go it's way rather than out playing you has always been a theme of Pro Evo games, but this is the worst by a mile yet. I'm quite close to trading it in, which'll be a first for me and a Pro Evo game.

Newcastle 8-0 Portsmouth

Martins 18, 47, 58, 64, 74, 85, 90+

Butt 85

Fucking Pwned. Martins only got a 9.5 though. What the fuck do you want him to do? Show tunes? Seriously though, do we think maybe Top Player is too easy this year? :shifty:

Im Man U on the master league, on the pc, and just figured out how to dive, although I have not used it too my advantage yet. The COM always beat me though by scoring friggin corners in the last minute, and my players fatigue way too much, which is just stupid. Im beginning to think Fifa's manager mode is better, its interactive too (which i see Konami doing next year)

Game one, I play OK against Villa. They win a corner, and head it in, and win 1-0. Next game is against Chelsea. I play really well and limit them to 2 shots in the first half, 0 on target. Second half is the same, and I have some good chances. Then on the hour, they win a corner and SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS heads it in. On 65, Lmapard strikes a free-kick, Given parries, Shevchenko taps it in.

Wow - He actually saved the initial FK?! - For that I salute you :shifty:

But yeah, I'm glad it's not just me who it seems to be happening to - that way I don't sound (as much of) a moaning bitch.

EDIT: Oh and cmb ...it's stupid that your players tire so easily, but they will if the ML level you're playing on is hard or very hard, so I'm told.

EDIT2: And Ellis...Congratulations - I'd love to win 8-0. Oh well...time for work, and despite how pissed off I was at times with the game yesterday, I can't wait to get home and play it ...so much more addictive than SDVR or FM at the moment.

Edited by Baddar D

Urgh. I didn't play this for a week because I wasn't liking it at all, but over the last few days enjoyed some friendlies, so I gave it a shot again. I started a master league as Newcastle. Game one, I play OK against Villa. They win a corner, and head it in, and win 1-0. Next game is against Chelsea. I play really well and limit them to 2 shots in the first half, 0 on target. Second half is the same, and I have some good chances. Then on the hour, they win a corner and SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS heads it in. On 65, Lmapard strikes a free-kick, Given parries, Shevchenko taps it in. I score in injury time, but lose 2-1. Game 3 is vs. Blackburn. I outplay them totally, but the game had already decided I wasn't going to score, so I dont and draw 0-0.

The CPU having everything go it's way rather than out playing you has always been a theme of Pro Evo games, but this is the worst by a mile yet. I'm quite close to trading it in, which'll be a first for me and a Pro Evo game.

Heh, I'll concur with that last point. In fact I became a little used to it. When I played PES6 at my friends on PS2 I tried a lot of angle shots, seeing most go off for throw ins. Fucking Anelka, Vaz Te and Diouf.