Deus Ex

probablyoliver

I thought it was a fantastic game. For £1.50 theres no chance you could possibly be disappointed. It's an FPS, but more like Half Life than Halo, with a shit load more options to influence the game, and a whole lot less linear. I've beaten it tons of times, it's always fun because there are certain people you can choose to kill or not to kill, groups to side with etc and I think three radically different ways to end the game.

The sequal sucked though >_>

I never played it on the PS2 but on the PC it was a really really excellent game. Completely different to anything else around at the time - a big sprawling RPG-ish first person shooter. Level up your character, choose your own path...Quality. Play it.

It's still one of the best games I've ever played. It's part FPS, part RPG, with a hint of puzzle game. Never played it on PS2 though. The graphics probably look a bit dated now, though that hardly matters at all.

It's kind of like Vampire: The Masquerade, if you've ever played that. But replace the Vampire with a badass gun-toting cyborg (if you want to be, it's equally feasible to not kill anyone aside from certain characters), and the NPCs with non-vampirey people. And add in a shit of a lot more guns.

The sequel, however, was atrociously awful.

Edited by Farmer Reil

an RPG FPS... How... bizarre.

Well I'm sold, I'm going to fire it up tonight and see where it leads me. I suck majorly at FPS games, but I'm generally quite fantastic at RPGs, so whether I'm good at it or not will be a different story altogether.

an RPG FPS... How... bizarre.

Well I'm sold, I'm going to fire it up tonight and see where it leads me. I suck majorly at FPS games, but I'm generally quite fantastic at RPGs, so whether I'm good at it or not will be a different story altogether.