Good Irish folk/traditional songs.

Nerf

Nancy Whiskey is a favorite of mine.

Actually, it'd be easier to just recommend bands for you, so go check out the Irish Rovers, Clancy Brothers, The Pogues, The Wolfe Tonnes, the Chieftans, and Dubliners as previously mentioned. Gaelic Storm might be fun to check out, they're a bit more modern and upbeat, a lot of fun.

I should be better at this.... Though mostly thanks to Bob Dylan I'm more accustomed to American Folk music than that of Ireland now.... Despite the fact I grew up listening to a certain degree of it. Though when you get into the 'Rebel Songs', pretty much any of your 'Up The (IRA)', uber nationalist stuff that's where I draw the line. It's oftopic but that is a side of Irish society and culture I abhor.

Dirty Old Town is actually about London... Though through it has been Irishised over the years.

Folk songs I would recommend though they're not along the same lines as those... They're still bloody good songs.

Arther McBride (Paul Brady's arrangement of the song)

Fields of Athenry (I don't know if that's the right spelling), perfect example of much Irish folk, it sounds older than it is.

On Raglan Road

Rare Auld Times (Mentioned above)

The Town I Loved So Well

I'd recommend listening to Luke Kelly, Christy Moore, The Pogues, The Dubliners, The Clancy Brothers for the full Irish Folk experience.

As an aside, I fucking love that The Pogues are considered a real fucking Irish band now...for years the folk "establishment" abhorred them, and even though it's been this way for some time now, it's brilliant to see people finally recognise them as an extension of an age-old Irish folk and songwriting tradition.