November 2007 Graphics Contest

NOVEMBER GRAPHICS COMPETITION

The Rules: "Apples 'n' Oranges" is a small, family-owned business with a handful of shops scattered throughout their homestate. Recently, however, the family have been thinking about branching out further into the US. To prepare themselves for this, they would like to have an updated logo design that can withstand a broader market, as opposed to the small city they'd originally been based in when their business began. The design of this new logo is, of course, now up to you.

The Specifics: The company prefers warmer, friendlier colors. Its trademark colors are red, orange and white. They stress that if you use any other colors in your design, you make these three colors as prominent as possible. There are no size restrictions on this design, but be sure that it has good 'scalability', i.e.: the text you use on the design is legible both large and small.

The Deadline: November 23rd

aaplesnorangesfj9.jpg

good rules Norro. I made several versions,but in the end I chose this one, which I think is crisp and traditional , but at the same time I feel it could work.. Good luck guys! Can't wait to see the other submissions

• 2 weeks later...

REMEMBER EVERYONE: THIS FRIDAY IS THE DEADLINE!

OAA.png

My first foray into graphics for a long time. Although I dont think it looks good as a company logo, Im happy with how it came out considering I am struggling to get re-acquainted with PS. A personal victory then, if no other. :)

Edited by Boogey131

THE CONTEST HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED.

MY JUDGMENTS ARE CURRENTLY BEING MADE, AND I WILL BE CONTACTING OTHER POTENTIAL JUDGES TO ASSIST IN THE SCORING.

SCORES AND RESULTS WILL BE POSTED ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH. NEXT MONTH'S CONTEST WILL THEN BEGIN ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1ST.

ALL CONTESTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO RUN AGAIN NEXT MONTH FOR A FINAL TRIAL RUN. DEPENDING ON THE CONSISTENCY OF PEOPLE SHOWING UP/NUMBER OF ENTRIES IN GENERAL, SOME CONTESTS MAY OR MAY NOT STAY FOR THE NEW YEAR.

• 2 weeks later...

I only need one more volunteer judge to be able to post results for this contest. If anyone is interested, PM me your results. Otherwise, results will be up later Monday.

Any word on a decision here?

Still waiting on a third judge for this competition too. In the end, if I don't get a judge by the 15th, I'll post the scores given by myself and the other judge so at least everyone knows where they stood.

I *might* still put up rules for the December Contest of these two, but due to time constraints on entries, I don't think it would gauge an accurate response. Unfortunately, the November Contest results have shown me that of the three tested, only the Wrestling Graphic Competition, right now at least, has the proper amount activity to continue into the new year.

I can judge them, but it probably won't be for a day or two. I was interested in this month's contest but was busy with school. However, I'm more than interested in the future contests like this, rather than the other two, personally.