No World For Tomorrow

Tarheels.

The album has been out for nearly 2 weeks. I didn't see a thread on it, but that could be because I haven't been visiting here much. Either way I love this album. It's not an album of the year, but it's an incredibly solid album. The only song I don't really love on it is 'The Hound (Of Blood and Rank)'. This album has me insanely pumped for the Coheed concert in Myrtle Beach on November 23rd.

So yeah, who's gotten it and what are your thoughts?

I have the special edition, and it's awesome. Not sure I'd put it over IKSOSE or SSTB, but it certainly trumps From Fear Through The Eyes...

Gravemaking and Gunslinging is my favourite track at the moment. I'm hoping to see them on the Kerrang tour next year.

:ohwell:

I'd rate From Fear... as their best album by far. IKSOSE would be second with NWFT coming in a solid third. SSTB is good for what it is, but nothing special at all (in fact, half of the album is a little... bland).

As for NWFT, I like the entire album but I don't feel there's any stand-up and hit you in the face classics on it. The Running Free has potential though, as does the title track. However, neither really grab me like Welcome Home, Ten Speed, or the IKSOSE title track (which are, in my opinion, their best songs).

In short, It's a good, solid album - the third best that they've released.

It's amazing, all the way through. Radio Bye Bye is how many levels of awesome? SO MANY. Hell, everything is. I've especially been loving off Gravemakers lately. Justice in Murder excites me greatly every time. Feathers is beyond catchy and awesome. The rest of The End Complete is wicked too.

It completely made me refall in love with Coheed - as every new album does. Definately want to catch them on the tour.

Circa Survive would be awesome to see Coheed with. You'd have to put up with the people that always try to make the argument of Circa being miles better than Coheed though, god knows I hear it enough at school. Either way I'm fucking excited since this is my first Coheed concert. It will hopefully not be my last though.

I love No World for Tomorrow and Gravediggers and Gunslingers. I pretty much (horribly) sing while I'm on my way to work every day, which is why I have a sore throat every day. Stupid Coheed :(

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very good album as a whole, but individual songs are taking a while for me to get into but so far No World For Tomorrow, The Hound (Of Blood & Rank) and Feathers are all easily thumbs up songs with Mother Superior, Gravemakers & Gunslingers and The Running Free all closely behind. I haven't singled out 'The End Complete' yet, should really listen to it soon.

As far as albums go I'd rank them; IKSOSE, Good Apollo, No World For Tomorrow and then SSTB. SSTB is good but the second half of the album is a substantial amount weaker than the first half, with only Neverender and 33 being alright in my mind.

• 2 months later...

I'm tardy to the party on the album and the band but I've really grown to love C&C this past month or so, appreciating the awesome story as well as making your own interpretations has taken from from average band with great vocalist to awesome band with great vocalist and awesome lyricist.

"In Keeping Secrets" has become my favourite album but they're all pretty fucking rocking, with some exceptional tracks on each <3