The "Favorite comedic moments no one else laughs at" thread.

Ash J. Williams

Priest Maxi: People, people, please! You're forgetting that homosexuality is a choice! As many of you know, I, myself, went through a... homosexual... phase. But the light of Christ showed me how to change. Just give me two hours with this man, and I can convert him back.

Man 2: [voice only] That's what you said about Peterson, and then you ended up having sex with him!

Man 3: [voice only] That's right.

Man 4: [voice only] You did.

I went nuts at the Man 2 line... no one else seems to.

Edited by apsham and max

From A Night at the Roxbury. A small bit of a random conversation between Steve and Mr. Zadir overheard in the background in the limo when they stop to get whipped cream.

Steve: ...and that alien was Robin Williams.

Mr. Zadir: Yes, I remember.

Nobody laughs at because it's easy to miss and is so random that if they do hear it, don't pay attention to it.

The scene in Hot Fuzz where Angel is at the Fayre, and sits on the bench. The camera work, and Simon Pegg's actions as he scans the crowd is a direct lift from Jaws, so I started smirking and lightly chuckling. Then Paddy Considine dives into shot and shouts "SHARK!"

I was laughing for 2-3 minutes after that.

The entire "American Psycho movie. If pressed, having not seen the movie in a while I would have to say:

* Where he's going through his morning routine (detailing the face scrubs, etc)

* The switch between his Whitney Houston explanation and "Don't just look at it, eat it" and back to the music explanation.

* The chainsaw scene

* Any scene where he's ignoring Reese Witherspoon

* Feeding the cat to the ATM

I could go on.

There's an episode of The Simpsons, I forget which, but Marge becomes a handywoman and she and Homer are commissioned to rebuild a rollercoaster. There's one scene where he's built a scale model on the table and he sends the coaster down the rails and they burst into flame. Then he starts crying and using this toy firetruck to put out the fire while doing this pathetic "woooo woooooo". No idea why, but every time I see it I crack the fuck up and the general consensus from my friends is that it wasn't that funny.

The entire "American Psycho movie. If pressed, having not seen the movie in a while I would have to say:

* The switch between his Whitney Houston explanation and "Don't just look at it, eat it" and back to the music explanation.

* The chainsaw scene

I could go on.

I have to agree totally here, especially the "Don't Just Stare At It, Eat It" line. I fucking love it.

I also like where he's eating dinner with Paul Allen, and Paul Allen is drunk. Pat Bateman is talking and just out of the blue says "I like to dissect women, did you know that I'm utterly insane?" as if he's making normal conversation.

Father Red, when Ted puts a cross up in front of the house

Mrs Doyle: I see, you've put up a cross father.

Ted: Yeah, I hope they realise I'm a priest and not some madman!

(Cuts outside, by the cross)

Passer By: Some madman put up a cross.

There's a line in the Grapes of Wrath episode of Black Books where Bernard turns to Manny and says "Manny, I need to do a wee-wee" and I love that line for inexplicable reasons.

* The chainsaw scene

I could go on.

I have to agree totally here, especially the "Don't Just Stare At It, Eat It" line. I fucking love it.

I also like where he's eating dinner with Paul Allen, and Paul Allen is drunk. Pat Bateman is talking and just out of the blue says "I like to dissect women, did you know that I'm utterly insane?" as if he's making normal conversation.

The romance scene in Hitman. It's fairly recent so I'll tag it:

The way he's being all uncomfortable (having never been in this situation before, because nobody taught him how to react to it), and then he gives up trying to reason with her and deals with it the only way he knows how. Shoving a syringe full of tranquiliser in her neck

I burst out laughing, and nobody else did :(