I just saw Hitman

Guest clintcasey

Does he strangle a lot of people with the carbon fiber wire? Because that's what I did when I played those games.

No. No fiber wire kills at all, which sucked. Hard.

A review of the script that I read in June said that there was a lot of violence towards women, such as beating, mutliation and rape... was that in the final.

No. There's some isolated incidents of BSDM, but nothing extreme.

Had I gone into this movie with no expectations, I would have enjoyed it, but as a huge fan of the games I thought it was a bit of a let down. Way too Hollywood given how unlike that you can play the games. The lack of any use of the carbon fiber, the inclusion of a random sword fight for no apparent reason that only really served to confuse things to holy hell, and the fact that the syringes got all of one use really (two if you count the whore), and this just wasn't the Hitman I've been used to. The script and action and plot was... okay. The trailers were misleading as all hell, which turned out to be okay. I still think if they'd wanted to make a Hitman movie, they should have just taken the Hitman Contracts and used it to storyboard the whole thing. As it was, it was a decent popcorn movie, which leaves the door open for sequels, and really, as long as it makes money what more do you need.

We went to go see this movie last night since “The Mist” was sold out. I have never really played the game, so I didn’t expect much. However, I was pleasantly surprised, and ended up liking the movie. I thought the producers did a good job of keeping a balance between storyline and action scenes, which is important in movies like this. Timothy Olyphant is AMAZING in the movie, and really carries the movie for the most part.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t think the movie was in the same league as 300 or anything like that, but I liked the movie far more then recent movies such as Beowulf, and hope that they a sequel or two, which I am sure they will.

The movie did okay in terms of money made in it's opening weekend. Came in 4th and made 21million if memory serves, which in't bad at all. If it doesn't tank hard in the second week, it will probably be considered a much bigger hit than Beowulf, which is tanking pretty hard only making 56mil in two weeks for a 150mil movie.