The Mitchell Report

sahyder1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GhostMachine, Bonds took steroids, he's admitted it, he simply "didn't know". The idea that he didn't take steroids is just completely out of the question, it's not an opinion thing, it's a fact.

I, and just about everyone else who hasn't been under a rock or in a coma, know that. I meant proof that he lied and KNOWINGLY used.

Yeesh! Why all the Clemens hate? Because he's only come in as a mercenary well into the season the last few years?

Edited by naiwf

GhostMachine, Bonds took steroids, he's admitted it, he simply "didn't know". The idea that he didn't take steroids is just completely out of the question, it's not an opinion thing, it's a fact.

I, and just about everyone else who hasn't been under a rock or in a coma, know that. I meant proof that he lied and KNOWINGLY used.

Yeesh! Why all the Clemens hate? Because he's only come in as a mercenary well into the season the last few years?

Brady Anderson

Manny Alexander

Rick Ankiel

Jeff Bagwell

Barry Bonds

Aaron Boone

Rafael Bettancourt

Bret Boone

Milton Bradley

David Bell

Dante Bichette

Albert Belle

Paul Byrd

Wil Cordero

Ken Caminiti

Mike Cameron

Ramon Castro

Jose and Ozzie Canseco

Roger Clemens

Paxton Crawford

Wilson Delgado

Lenny Dykstra

Johnny Damon

Carl Everett

Kyle Farnsworth

Ryan Franklin

Troy Glaus

Rich Garces

Jason Grimsley

Troy Glaus

Juan Gonzalez

Eric Gagne

Nomar Garciaparra

Jason Giambi

Jeremy Giambi

Jose Guillen

Jay Gibbons

Juan Gonzalez

Clay Hensley

Jerry Hairston

Felix Heredia, Jr.

Darren Holmes

Wally Joyner

Darryl Kile

Matt Lawton

Raul Mondesi

Mark McGwire

Guillermo Mota

Robert Machado

Damian Moss

Abraham Nunez

Trot Nixon

Jose Offerman

Andy Pettitte

Mark Prior

Neifi Perez

Rafael Palmiero

Albert Pujols

Brian Roberts

Juan Rincon

John Rocker

Pudge Rodriguez

Sammy Sosa

Scott Schoenweiis

David Segui

Alex Sanchez

Gary Sheffield

Miguel Tejada

Julian Tavarez

Fernando Tatis

Mo Vaughn

Jason Varitek

Ismael Valdes

Matt Williams

Kerry Wood

EDIT: New list. From Deadspin.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Most of that list doesn't surprise me.

Sucks Varitek is on there. But hey, at least Aaron fucking Boone is too. Steroids kept us out of the 2003 World Series, makes the moment slightly better.

Why did I expect Julian Tavarez on there?

Pujols = damn. Not surprised, but still. Damn. At least no Griffey and no Howard. No Ortiz or Manny either.

Edited by Lowerdeck

I wasn't surprised to hear about Pujols because Deadspin had him pegged at least a year ago. It's also not surprising when you look at his career stats being put up at his age (which is disputed). His worst season would be something like .314/.394/.561, 33 2B, 32 HR, 103 RBI, 99 runs. Those are borderline MVP numbers and that's the WORST he's ever done in those categories. Again, when a guy hits the majors at "21" and starts putting up unseen numbers he's either the greatest hitting talent ever or on some good stuff.

No real shocks there. Unfortunate to see some guys I really like on there, but none of them besides maybe Varitek jump out to me as shocks. I've been waiting for Clemens to get called out on roids for like 5 years -- it's about fucking time.

Edited by damshow

Even if it was fake of the all the names I recognize only half a dozen, dozen if I think hard about it - and none of 'em are really that surprising. Only one off that particular list that surprises me is Farnsworth. Didn't Conseco admit to steroid use some time ago?

Edited by The Masked Debater

The big names that may be on the list for the casual fan are,

Jeff Bagwell - '91 ROY, '94 MVP, borderline HOFer with 449 HR

Albert Belle - big name power hitter, 3 straight years in top 3 of MVP voting with 3 monster seasons, 48, 49 & 50 HR

Barry Bonds - everyone should know him

Bret Boone - became one of the greatest power hitting second basemen ever, finished 3rd in MVP voting one year.

Ken Caminiti - '96 NL MVP with a career high 40 HR. Never hit more than 18 before he juiced.

Jose Canseco - "da godfatha" of steroid use in baseball

Roger Clemens - everyone should know him

Eric Gagne - '03 NL Cy Young, became an unhittable closer while on the stuff, is now a broken down shell of what he once was

Troy Glaus - hit 47 and 41 HR in his 2nd and 3rd full years as a pro, is almost always hurt now and his power numbers have dwindled

Juan Gonzalez - 2x MVP, borderline HOFer for a time

Nomar Garciaparra - ROY, hit .372 one year, was one of the best RH hitters in baseball for a time

Jason Giambi - MVP

Mark McGwire - everyone should know him

Andy Pettitte - member of Yankees dynasty as their most clutch starter

Mark Prior & Kerry Wood - the two oft injured "studs" for the Cubs

Rafael Palmiero - one of only 4 or 5 players with 3,000+ hits and 500 HR.

Albert Pujols - ROY, MVP, 5 straight years in the top 3 of MVP voting, the greatest 7 year start to a career ever

Pudge Rodriguez - '99 AL MVP, one of the best all around catchers ever

Sammy Sosa - everyone should know him

Gary Sheffield - 480 career HR, borderline HOFer

Miguel Tejada - '02 AL MVP, one of the best power hitting SS ever

Edited by naiwf

Is it possible that some of the names on the list had legit reasons for steroids, like for surgeries and such?

Segui mentioned he took something for medical reasons. I'm not sure about any others.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wood was using steroids for a legit reason, dude seems like he spends more time hurt than anything since 2002.

Edited by The Masked Debater