2000 - The New Millenia Of Wrestling

Scott Steiner:

74 brawl, 0 speed (was he still doing the Frankensteiner at this point? I'd boost it if he was, but I don't know), 35 tech, 90 stiff, 55 sell, 90 over, 83 charisma, 60 attitude, 50 behavior

Rick Steiner:

72 brawl, 10 speed, 38 tech, 76 stiff, 50 sell, 66 over, 72 charisma, 77 attitude and 70 behavior.

Lex Luger:

62 brawl, 0 speed, 0 tech, 35 stiff, 56 sell, 78 over, 69 charisma, 40 attitude, 50 behavior.

Any suggestions toward any of those I'd be more than welcome to hear, as I haven't seen the Luger/Hart match.

Steiner does the Frankensteiner today. He could've done it back then if he'd wanted, but he stopped because of back problems and increased muscle mass. I still think 0 is way harsh for the guy. I think he should have speed around 15, because he was still doing the occasional double axe handle off the top, and I think the guy could've done a lot more than he did. It was his gimmick to be this muscly monster. I think Steiner's tech should be around 55-60 as well. He was still doing a ton of suplexes, butterfly powerbombs, submissions and stuff. The guy was a really good technical wrestler. It wasn't until around 2002-2003 when he was in such poor physical shape that what he could do in the ring became increasingly limited to today. I think he still has tech in the 40s in the current updates, even. Oh, and I'd lower Scott Steiner's stiffness to 85.

Lex Luger should have higher tech than 0... He did piledrivers, suplexes, the torture rack... I'd give him around 10 tech and 5 speed, as the guy occasionally did basic moves off the top, like the double axe handle or clothesline - not often, but he was capable of it if the situation called for it.

Rick Steiner's tech should be around 50, IMO. And his stiffness should be around 85 and selling of 55 to match his brother. They were about equal in that regard...

Other than that, looks good.

Edited by Master Shakespeare

First of all, I appreciate all of your hard work.

However, I have some opinions/suggestions.

---Maybe I'm just a Jerichoholic but I believe Jericho should have speed of at least 82.

---Since Mike Sanders and Crowbar are both former Cruiserweight champions, they should be listed under lightweight. If Roddy Piper is listed as British simply to have the Braveheart gimmick, this should be considered as well.

---In order to have the Boy Band gimmick, 3 count needs to have "superstar look" ticked. If not, Teen Idol would be OK. They worked as faces at this time wrestling guys like PG 13, Chavo Guerrero, and Kaz Hayashi. However, Boy Band doesn't work with faces for some reason. If you use Boy Band, you have to make them tweeneers.

---The Mamalukes should be tweeners as they wrestled Flair and Crowbar and The Harrises.

---Edge and Christian were faces until after Backlash.

---Kudos for correcting Shannon Moore's finishers.

Edited by cactusguy

I just read some of your last comments, IDM, and I just wanna add...

Palumbo was already on the roster. I think O'Haire and Jindrak were making sporadic appearances on Saturday Night as well.

Sanders appeared on Saturday Night in 1998. I think the reason he was in development is because until Vince Russo came in and started booking, Sanders had no character and they didn't ever use him. There was an article in WCW magazine where Sanders talks about a conversation he had with Russo after becoming upset about not being used, and hearing that he might be fired. He went to Russo and basically begged for him to keep him and that he'd do anything, and Russo said he didn't even realize he was on the roster, lol. That's WCW 2000 for you...

OK, watching some WCW on youtube, it seems like Crowbar and Flair got some good pops. Were they face or was this just do to Russo's booking. Also, it does seem like the Mamalukes were pretty heelish.

EDIT: Looking at it some more, Crowbar and Flair do seem like a heel team who just got pops.

EDIT: The Varsity Club should be heels. That's Rotundo, Rick Steiner, and Leia Meow.

Edited by cactusguy

Here are three production members I can hardly find information about that worked for WCW...

Kemper Rogers (Producer in charge of TV)

Rick Fansher

Mike Miller

I think the latter two were responsible for some of the worse production decisions WCW made... I'm not 100% sure, but they were the head guys in charge during horrible decisions, so I would personally hold them responsible. I'm trying to find info now, but I also wanted to check up and ask, how are you coming along on the scenario? :)

EDIT:

If you scroll down to Series Crew, you can get a good idea for staff from this era... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0742542/combined

The same can be done for episodes of Raw.

Edited by Master Shakespeare

I can't help much besides some character and storyline info (I'll reply with some stuff as it comes to me). Really I just wanted to drop a reply and say thanks for the hard work on this.

At Starrcade '99, I believe it was Rick Steiner, Mike Rotunda, Kevin Sullivan and Leia Meow as their cheerleader who returned as the Varsity Club to help Jim Duggan fight the Revolution. They ended up turning on Hacksaw, costing him his U.S. citizenship because Duggan refused to tag any of them in.

Whenever it was that Ms. Hancock was representing Standards and Practices, scouting potential tag teams with her clipboard. That is when it is mentioned that S&P weren't happy with Leia Meow's character, promting Tenay to say 'Oh, I was wondering why we hadn't seen the Varsity Club in a while'. Kevin Sullivan went back to being a backstage guy, Leia Meow would become a dominatrix manager for Yang, Kaz Hayashi and Jamie San (Knoble), the Jung Dragons.

Update, horray!

Misc. Staff:

- Jeremy Borash made Production from announcer

- Bob Ryder made Production from road agent

WWE Roster

- Chris Jericho's speed upped from 79 to 82.

- Christian made a Face from Heel

- Edge made a Face from Heel

- Steve Austin pulled from Development, as he technically was a member of the roster, just injured

- The Undertaker pulled from Development, as he was technically a member of the roster, just injured

WCW Roster:

- Big Vito made a Tweener from Heel

- Chuck Palumbo pulled from development, made an opener. Chrisma raised from 53 to 63. Over raised from 40 to 50. Current speed and tech are 20 and 10 respectively, should those be switched around or fiddled with?

- Crowbar made a Lightweight

- Evan Karagias made a Tweener from Heel (and yes, Boy Band does work without superstar look)

- Kevin Sullivan made heel. Gimmick made High Society unless otherwise suggested

- Johnny The Bull made a Tweener from Heel

- Leia Meow made heel. Gimmick made High Society unless otherwise suggested, since cheerleader doesn't work for heels.

- Lex Luger's tech raised from 0 to 20. Speed raised from 0 to 5.

- Mark Jindrak's position unclear. According to http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/p...wcw/sat2000.htm he was making a few appearances on Saturday Night to job, seemingly like WWE Development does to test the waters with them without "officially" debuting them. No sign of O'Haire on the results sheet in 2000 or 99. Leaning towards keeping him in development unless I hear reason not to.

- Mike Rotundo made heel. Gimmick made High Society unless otherwise suggested

- Mike Sanders made a Lightweight

- Rick Steiner's tech raised from 38 to 50. Stiffness raised from 76 to 85. Selling upped from 50 to 55. Made Heel. Gimmick made High Society unless otherwise suggested

- Scott Steiner's speed raised from 0 to 15. Tech raised from 35 to 60. Stiffness lowered from 90 to 85.

- Shane Helms made a Tweener from Heel (gimmick: see Evan Karagias)

- Shannon Moore made a Tweener from Heel (gimmick: see Evan Karagias)

- Tony Marinera made a Tweener from Heel

Misc Workers:

- Made Bruce Hart Canadian. Changed secondary finisher Flying Clothesline to Top Rope Standing. Changed primary finisher from Flying Clothesline to Reverse Figure Four

- Create Shelly Martinez

Workers with overness between 41-50 edits:

- 911's finisher's changed from Choke Slam to Chokeslam

- Abunai Made Japanese from other. Lowered speed from 80 to 75 based on youtube I saw of him performing in 2001. Wage lowered from 45,000 to 10,000

- Altar Boy Luke's BM changed to July. Wage lowered from 25,000 to 16,000

- April Hunter's wage lowered to from 40,000 to 15,000. Age raised from 23 to 26. BM changed to September

- Axl Rotten's wage lowered from 39,000 to 28,000

- Barry Darsow's age raised from 37 to 40. Finisher changed from Double Axe Handle to Barely Legal. Tech raised from 0 to 15. Brawl raised from 48 to 59. BM changed to October.

- Bill Dundee's age raised from 54 to 56. BM changed to October.

- Bill Eadie's Brawl raised from 40 to 50. Age raised from 48 to 52. BM changed to December. Decapitation Elbow changed to Top Rope. Secondary finisher changed to Cobra Clutch

- Bob Orton's wage lowered from 60,000 to 40,000. Age upped from 45 to 49. BM changed to November. Primary finisher changed to Loaded Cast Shot from just Loaded Cast. Secondary finisher changed from Loaded Cast to Superplex

- Bobby Eaton changed to Heavyweight. BM changed to August

- Bobcat's age upped from 19 to 28. BM changed to May. Wage lowered from 19,000 to 12,000.

- Brian Lee's wage lowered from 34,000 to 19,000

- Bull Nakano's wage lowered from 60,000 to 35,000. Made Japanese. Secondary finisher changed from Flying Somersault Legdrop (which is also her primary) to Bull's Poseidon (imp)

- Carl Ouelette's age upped from 29 to 32. BM changed to December. Wage lowered from 50,000 to 30,000. Made Canadian. Secondary finisher changed from Tidal Rave to Lariat

- Carlos Colon's age lowered from 53 to 51.

- Chi Chi Cruz made Canadian from American. Age raised from 23 to 31. BM changed to October.

- Chris Hamrick's age raised from 22 to 33. BM changed to October. Wage lowered from 43,000 to 24,000

- Curtis Hughes' BM changed to December.

- Dan Severn's age lowered from 50 to 41. BM changed to June. Wage lowered to 40,000 from 60,000

- Dan Spivey's age raised from 41 to 47. BM changed to October. Changed to Non-Wrestler. Finishers changed from Spinebuster to Thunder Fire Powerbomb and Spivey Spike

- Dick Togo's age changed to August. Wage lowered to 34,000

- Doink The Clown's age raised from 32 to 42. BM changed to July

- Dr. Wagner Jr.'s BM changed to August. Primary finisher changed from Black Tiger Bomb to Wagner Driver. Secondary finisher changed from Michinoku Driver to Black Tiger Bomb. Wage lowered from 70,000 to 38,000. Made Mexican.

- EZ Money's finishers changed to Crash Landing and EZ Driver. Wage lowered from 55,000 to 20,000.

- Giant Silva's picture assigned. Finisher changed from Press Slam to Giant Slam. Made Other from American. Age raised from 35 to 36. BM changed to July. Wage lowered from 45,000 to 25,000. Do these stats accurately reflect his ability in 2000: 45 brawl, 10 speed, 0 tech, 55 charisma?

- Glacier's age raised from 29 to 34. BM changed to May. Wage lowered to 15,000. Do these stats seem right: 54 brawl, 18 speed, 25 tech, 30 charisma?

- Gran Apolo's picture assigned. Age lowered from 30 to 24. BM changed to May. Over lowered from 45 to 25. Finishers changed to Fondo Del Abismo and Superkick. Wage lowered to 12,000

- Hack Meyers' age lowered from 33 to 26. BM changed to December. Wage lowered from 20,000 to 10,000

- Hayabusa's age lowered from 49 to 31. BM changed to November. Finishers changed to Falcon Arrow from Stardust Press. Made an active wrestler since he didn't injure himself big until 2001. Lowered wage from 75,000 to 40,000. Made Japanese from other

- Hillbilly Jim's age raised from 42 to 47. BM changed to July. Finishers changed to Bearhug (sub) from Reverse DDT and Leg Drop (ground) from Slop Drop. Wage lowered from 50,000 to 13,000

- Jado made Japanese from other. Age raised from 27 to 31. Finishers made Crossface of JADO from Seated Dropkick and Belly to Back Brainbuster from Camel Clutch. Brawl lowered from 71 to 61. Speed raised from 53 to 63. Tech raised from 50 to 60. BM changed to September. Wage lowered from 65,000 to 30,000. Assigned to AJPW

- James Vandenberg's name changed to James Mitchell. Age raised from 31 to 34. BM changed to February.

- Jimmy Garvin's age raised from 44 to 47. BM made September. Made a Non-Wrestler, since he retired in 1994. Finishers changed from Garvin Stomp to Bombs Away

- Jimmy Snuka Jr.'s age raised from 23 to 28. Overness lowered from 40 to 15, as he had just debuted in 2000. Speed lowered from 70 to 50. Brawl raised from 40 to 55. Tech lowered from 40 to 30. Stiffness upped from 30 to 50. Selling upped from 35 to 55. Charisma raised from 30 to 64. BM changed to September. Wage lowered from 38,000 to 6,000. Secondary finisher changed from DDT to Jumping Heel Kick

- Jinsei Shinzaki's age lowered from 34 to 33. Made a Heavyweight. Speed lowered from 94 to 75. Tech lowered from 88 to 84. Chrisma lowered from 75 to 50. Made Japanese. Wage lowered from 65,000 to 40,000. Assigned to Michinoku Pro. Picture assigned.

- JJ Dillon's age raised from 49 to 57. BM changed to June. Brawl and Tech changed from 11 and 9 respectively to 0's. Charisma upped from 60 to 75. Wage lowered from 70,000 to 20,000

- John Phoenix's age lowered from 29 to 20, brawl lowered from 62 to 42, Speed upped from 68 to 75, tech upped from 57 to 69, charisma lowered from 80 to 65, over lowered from 41 to 31. Wage lowered from 45,000_ to 15,000. Picture assigned.

- John Tenta's age lowered from 43 to 36. BM changed to June. Brawl raised from 29 to 49. Charisma raised from 40 to 58.

- Johnny Smith's age raised from 34 to 32. BM changed to August. Behavior lowered from 83 to 63. Wage lowered from 70,000 to 30,000. Assigned to AJPW

- Johnny Swinger's wage lowered from 45,000 to 18,000. Age lowered from 25 to 24, BM changed to July

- Julio Dinero's age raised from 21 to 27. BM made April. Wage lowered to 12,000

- Kensuke Sasaki made Japanese from other. Wage lowered from 60,000 to 38,000

- Kevin Martel made Canadian from other. Overness lowered from 45 to 30. Attitude and Behavior upped from 50 to 80. Standing Shooting Star made ground from impact. Wage lowered from 50,000 to 25,000

- Kobain's age lowered from 29 to 22. Brawl upped from 50 to 77. Tech lowered from 55 to 49. Speed lowered from 74 to 51

- Koko B. Ware's age raised from 39 to 42. BM changed to June. Made Heavyweight. Charisma raised from 68 to 72.

- Mark Cantebury's name changed to Mark Canterbury. Age lowered from 43 to 35. BM changed to March.

- Mitsuhara Misawa made Japanese. Wage lowered from 120,000 to 55,000

- Mr. Fuji's age raised from 52 to 64. Made Japanese.

- Necro Butcher's age raised from 23 to 26. Brawl raised from 78 to 85.

- Pepper Parks' age lowered from 21 to 19. Overness lowered from 44 to 34. Wage lowered from 30,000 to 10,000

- Raymond Rougeau made a Heavyweight and Canadian from Other. Made a Non-Wrestler. BM made February. Wage lowered from 75,000 to 44,000

- Rick Martel's age raised from 42 to 43. BM changed to March. Made Canadian from Other. Wage lowered from 55,000 to 24,000

- Riki Choshu's age lowered from 50 to 48. BM made December. Wage lowered from 75,000 to 40,000. Made Japanese.

- Ronnie Garvin made a Non Wrestler. Age raised from 53 to 54. BM changed to March.

- Satoshi Kojima's age raised from 27 to 29. Made Japanese. Brawl and Tech both lowered from 87 to 83. Wage lowered from 80,000 to 42,000

- Savio Vega's age raised ffrom 32 to 33. BM changed to August.

- Sherri Martel's age raised from 33 to 41. BM made February

- Shinjiro Otani made Japanese from Other. BM made July. Wage lowered from 65,000 to 42,000

- Stan Hansen's age lowered from 52 to 50. BM changed to October. Wage lowered from 70,000 to 50,000

- Steve Keirn's age upped from 47 to 48. BM made September.

- Steve McMichael's charisma raised from 59 to 70.

- Tony Atlas' age raised from 42 to 45. BM made April. Wage lowered from 70,000 to 15,000

- Tracy Smothers' age raised from 35 to 37. BM changed to September. Finisher changed to Spinebuster from Swinging Neckbreaker and Southern Kick from secondary Swinging Neckbreaker. Wage lowered from 45,000 to 22,000

- Tugboat's age raised from 33 to 43. BM changed to August. Brawl raised from 26 to 46.

- Tully Blanchard's charisma raised from 72 to 78.

- Van Hammer's finisher changed from Superplex to Cobra Clutch Slam. Can anyone clue me in on whether he was with WCW at this time? I hear he had some appearances on the B shows with various gimmicks that got him nowhere, but in 2000 he joined up with MIA.

- Woman's wage lowered from 45,000 to 19,000

And in a huge piece of news, I have a new job, which is the main reason for my hiatus on this project. I don't know what kind of interfering it will do, but in as a matter of damage control, I've decided to go against my previous statement on when a release will occur. After making all of these changes, I have loaded the most recent DATA folder onto the first page. If anyone wants to play it, they're welcome to, and make suggestions that come up during game play. Again, I do plan on continue fixing this up, so this isn't me giving up, it's just ensuring that all the work isn't lost and creating a better system for suggestions. FIRST PAGE POST - LINK TO GAME!

Edited by Inner D Monz

Glad to see you are still working on it, and congratulations on the new job! Hopefully I can find one myself soon... Anyway, I'm going to do my best to respond to the things I have knowledge about. If I skip something, it's because I'm unsure.

- Chuck Palumbo pulled from development, made an opener. Chrisma raised from 53 to 63. Over raised from 40 to 50. Current speed and tech are 20 and 10 respectively, should those be switched around or fiddled with?

I would raise Palumbo's speed to 30. He was doing a lot of high risk stuff when he first debuted and was in phenomenal shape. His finishing maneuver was the flying shoulderblock, and I remember him moving around the ring with ease. I would also raise his tech to 25-30, as he was a decent technical wrestler when he started, and he didn't improve a whole lot throughout his career from this point, IMO.

- Kevin Sullivan made heel. Gimmick made High Society unless otherwise suggested

I don't remember what Sullivan was doing at this time... Wasn't he either a member of the Varsity Club or strictly a booker? I would probably either make his gimmick Occult (if he's not wrestling) or Legitimate Athlete if he's in Varsity Club. I'm not really sure.

- Leia Meow made heel. Gimmick made High Society unless otherwise suggested, since cheerleader doesn't work for heels.

I didn't think High Society really worked... I'd probably make it something generic like Bitch.

- Mark Jindrak's position unclear. According to http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/p...wcw/sat2000.htm he was making a few appearances on Saturday Night to job, seemingly like WWE Development does to test the waters with them without "officially" debuting them. No sign of O'Haire on the results sheet in 2000 or 99. Leaning towards keeping him in development unless I hear reason not to.

Yeah, I'd keep him in development.

- Mike Rotundo made heel. Gimmick made High Society unless otherwise suggested

I'd go with legitimate athlete if it were me...

- Rick Steiner's tech raised from 38 to 50. Stiffness raised from 76 to 85. Selling upped from 50 to 55. Made Heel. Gimmick made High Society unless otherwise suggested

Legitimate athlete?

Workers with overness between 41-50 edits:

- Glacier's age raised from 29 to 34. BM changed to May. Wage lowered to 15,000. Do these stats seem right: 54 brawl, 18 speed, 25 tech, 30 charisma?

30 charisma seems really low... I'd raise the tech to 35, and raise his charisma to the low 50s.

- Van Hammer's finisher changed from Superplex to Cobra Clutch Slam. Can anyone clue me in on whether he was with WCW at this time? I hear he had some appearances on the B shows with various gimmicks that got him nowhere, but in 2000 he joined up with MIA.

Van Hammer basically was under contract for WCW as early as 1991 pretty much through the end of the company... The guy was one of their longest contracted wrestlers, and even if he wasn't appearing on TV, I believe he was under contract.

Van Hammer basically was under contract for WCW as early as 1991 pretty much through the end of the company... The guy was one of their longest contracted wrestlers, and even if he wasn't appearing on TV, I believe he was under contract.

I think Lanny Poffo was the longest contracted wrestler.

I'm pretty pumped to get into this game. I love 2000.

Lesnar's stats seem a bit inflated at this point, though. He debuted on WWE, and was only good at the very beginning of his debut. He got better every week, though, and eventually became the excellent performer he was. That wasn't until two years after this, though. I'd take 10 or 15 points off his stats to reflect the fact that he needs to spend time in development before being called up. Cena and Orton's stats both fit what I mentioned, while Lesnar's are among the best in the game.

Debra needs a Love relationship with Steve Austin, Lita needs appropriate relationships with the Hardy Boyz, and The Kat needs a Love with Jerry Lawler.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

hbk found god i wanna say some were in 2000- mid 2001, watch his heartbreak and triump dvd if u have it. it wilol telll u, hunter said vince wanted to use him in the 2001 InVasion angel, but hbk was so out of it they scraped plans, it was they day vince bought wcw this happen

change tygress to female in wcw make ed ferrera just written not unsackable in wcw staff - also think doug dillenger should be a road agent and he should be around the late 70's skill wise. looking good though.

Doug Dillinger was security, so he should be under production, not road agents. And he wasn't very good.