2000 - The New Millenia Of Wrestling

I actually think WCW's risk should be around 65%, but TBS' should still remain relatively low (lower than today's, certainly). TBS had a lot of problems with what WCW was doing around this time, and constantly pressured them to tone it down. I realize this might be a bad idea, since if you play as another promotion, WCW will probably lose its TV deal with TBS within a few weeks, but uh... it's more realistic this way, honestly.

I don't think Mark Henry should have the suave gimmick. He really wasn't suave, his gimmick was more that he was horny.

Just flicking through the workers, and a lot of the wages for young guys (such as Lesnar and AJ Styles) are massivly inflated, to the point where they're asking for more than some of the lower card guys in WWF and WCW. I''m working through it now to try and fix it, and can get the updated data to people if they want it when im done?

I actually think WCW's risk should be around 65%, but TBS' should still remain relatively low (lower than today's, certainly). TBS had a lot of problems with what WCW was doing around this time, and constantly pressured them to tone it down. I realize this might be a bad idea, since if you play as another promotion, WCW will probably lose its TV deal with TBS within a few weeks, but uh... it's more realistic this way, honestly.

I don't think Mark Henry should have the suave gimmick. He really wasn't suave, his gimmick was more that he was horny.

That would be a really bad idea, and not realistic at all. The user (if playing as WCW) will have to switch the risk lower, and if not playing as WCW they will see that the company loses its show after a few weeks - which of course didn't happen that way.

Shouldn't Raven be a Face in ECW? He was tagging with Dreamer and feuding with heel's in his final run there.

IIRC this was some sort of Tweener thing they did with Raven and Dreamer as Tag Team.

Edit: Why the hell isn't Dustin Rhodes in WCW? I think he returned in late 99. So why isn't he in WCW?

Edit2: Wasn't La Parka in the Powers that bee too? I remember him just standing on the chair in the back in the room of Vince Russo when the Powers were talking with them on Starrcade 99 and then walking of with them. And I think Curt Hennig was too.

Edit3: Who the hell is Scotty O?

Edited by nWoHollywood

Shouldn't Raven be a Face in ECW? He was tagging with Dreamer and feuding with heel's in his final run there.

IIRC this was some sort of Tweener thing they did with Raven and Dreamer as Tag Team.

Edit: Why the hell isn't Dustin Rhodes in WCW? I think he returned in late 99. So why isn't he in WCW?

Edit2: Wasn't La Parka in the Powers that bee too? I remember him just standing on the chair in the back in the room of Vince Russo when the Powers were talking with them on Starrcade 99 and then walking of with them. And I think Curt Hennig was too.

Edit3: Who the hell is Scotty O?

Scott Orlinger, I think... I forget what name he uses now, but he was trained by the Power Plant.

Yeah: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Orlinger

But anyway, I guess the whole making their risk higher than what TBS could handle idea is bad. But it was what really happened. TBS didn't feel comfortable with their product.

Edited by Master Shakespeare

Forgive my ignorance if my information is wrong and doubly so if this has been addressed already.

Don West - upped announcing talent from 56 to 70

Two things.

1. I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with wrestling until TNA in 2002. I know Russo wanted him to join WCW but he declined and anyway that approach came after the start date of this scenario.

2. Don West sucks balls. <_<

Forgive my ignorance if my information is wrong and doubly so if this has been addressed already.

Don West - upped announcing talent from 56 to 70

Two things.

1. I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with wrestling until TNA in 2002. I know Russo wanted him to join WCW but he declined and anyway that approach came after the start date of this scenario.

2. Don West sucks balls. <_<

It would accually be more plausible to delete Don from the scenario rather than inflate his stats to a level with he has never reached. I mean, if he didn't even debut until '02, why have the dumb lug in there? It's like when all the fanboys had AJ Styles in their 1995 scenarios...

Edited by cactusguy

I know Don West didn't actually come in until 02, but he was offered a contract by Vince Russo to come to WCW in 2000, which I think is enough of a basis for just an announcer to be in the game. And he's at 70 because he was quite bearable until about 04/05 maybe even 06. He was never great, but since his job was to color commentate, he did a very good job for someone with absolutely no experience.

Edited by Inner D Monz

• 7 months later...

BB was a menacing roided up freak so I would keep that factor.

Correction ,BB was a blonde nurse. Your thinking of Nicole Bass who was the roid freak

Yeah, B.B. was a blonde nurse who Triple H made reveal her breasts... but only to him. I actually remember that angle, heh. WWF promised live frontal nudity on television and, of course, swerved us.

Two years too late but...Miss Kitty at Armageddon 1999?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Now's as good a time as ever to announce this. I haven't done much work to this scenario since I last posted the the file but also consider all of my work open source, so if anyone ever wants to take it and make modifications for public use, go for it. I've mainly not worked much on it because of lowered interest, but also due to lack of suggestions. So if I got a bunch more suggestions, especially now between semesters when I have more time, I'd be happy to post a new update of the scenario.

To prove such, I'll respond to auswrestlefan. I agree with your tech suggestion, and would even bump it as high as 30, as he was still doing flipping Knee Locks and such according to his match with Bret Hart at Starrcade 99. However, a 0 in speed does not mean that they can not walk, it means that they do not perform well in speed-oriented matches. Since the genesis of EWR there have always been wrestlers with a 0 in speed, but a surprisingly few of them have been parapalegic or crippled. If a more appropriate suggestion was made about his speed needing a boost, because he broke out some sort of aerial attack or left his feet once in a while for a jumping attack, a Flying Clothesline, a Dropkick, something along those lines, I'd take it further into consideration. But I believe around the beginning of 2000 he was using a very ground-and-pound, close-range, powerhouse offense kind of style, not counting the Spear.

I've also been tinkering with the idea for a while to include an alternative 3-month later scenario, or read-me text file of changes for people to make themselves. This way people don't have to conform to my love for January of 2000, and can start where most scenarios start, just after WrestleMania. So if anyone wants to offer suggestions of differences between January and April, not including title changes in WWF, WCW or ECW, then by all means, please do, but for that specific item I can do with fan-dabi-dozi, fan-dabi-dozi, fan-dabi-dozi ease. But as for who had jumped ship (like The Radicalz), who had retired, who had debuted somewhere, who had open or closed their doors, I'm all ears. Also, technically WrestleMania 2000 was April 2, but for the sake of the scenario I'll consider it happened in March, so changes will represent post Mania.

Edited by IDM

• 2 years later...

Ressurecting the thread to add this new download link. I thought the G-Network was hosting this, as they have a January 2000 scenario up but it's got none of the work I put into it. So here's a new link given Mega Upload's demise

http://www.mediafire.com/?hr2sgghp87qu33o

Keep in mind I haven't worked on this scenario in the three years since I first uploaded it, so it's still not perfect