Meet The Spartans

xdavex

I watched the trailer and it just wasn't enough to make me want to laugh... Then the Britney thing came up and .... But at least Nerf liked it. :shifty:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what others have said and basic reviews, the success of the film I dont think 300 is significant enough to make an entire spoof film off of. Maybe a scene in a spoof film. The Wayans started this trend in putting movies like this out with the first 2 Scary Movies and as far as Im concdrned they are the only ones worth watching. Also the only ones the Wayans had anything to do with as far as I know. Epic Movie was absolutely terrible and the later two Scary Movies corny and just not funny. Ive heard Date Movie was terrible and have no interest in seeing it..somebody needs to cut the crap putting this shat out or start taking notes off funny spoofs.

• 3 weeks later...

So it's out, and a peek at Rotten Tomatoes reveals two things we all knew would happen:

1. It's not being screened to critics.

2. The dozen or so critics who saw it and reviewed it anyway find it abysmal.

I want to find a masochist on EWB who actually dragged himself to the theater to see this claptrap. Come on out. I promise I won't laugh.

I can't believe so many people liked Scary Movie 2. It was just terrible. Leslie Nelson and Charlie Sheen made the third film passable and Anna Faris is good in all of them. The second film was the worst though.

Epic Movie was awful though. The only redeeming qualities of that movie were the Cribs parody and Fred Willard's fight double.

I think Meet The Spartans looks like it could be funny. It will be better then the Comebacks, thats for sure. That movie made me want to leave the theatre, buy a hand gun, return to the theatre, then shoot everyone who was about to buy a ticket to see it.

I decided to skip Epic Movie based solely on how HORRIBLE Date Movie was. That is the first movie that I have ever walked out of the theater on, so there was no way I was risking it with Epic Movie. Again, going by how horrible Date Movie was, I will not be seeing Meet the Spartans.

In the commercials, yeah there may be a thing or two that makes you chuckle, but once you get there and start watching, you realize that they put the funniest parts of the movie in the trailers. The worst part is, there wasn't anything all that funny in the previews. Seriously, if I want to see Britney Spears jokes, I'll turn on Best Week Ever.

That's really not all that surprising. Especially in January. After all, anyone who decided to sneak into Rambo could have possibly bought a ticket for Meet the Spartans. If not, a PG-13 movie is usually going to do a lot better than an R movie unless the marketing is heavy and done correctly.

Even though it's not surprising, I can't say I'm happy about it in the least.

Guess which movie won the box office this weekend? I... seriously, I'm just kind of laughing right now.

I guess the only upside to this is There Will Be Blood is doing nicely, and that shitty dance movie Paramount was putting out this weekend (How She Move) tanked massively.

Edited by ROC

I seen it. It was ok at best. Lots of stupid comedy of course, but I chuckled at some parts. The part where they make fun of Stomp The ard was ridiculously stupid and long. I almost fell asleep. However, they do have a funny spoof of GTA, which was probably the bets part of the movie.

I seen it. It was ok at best. Lots of stupid comedy of course, but I chuckled at some parts. The part where they make fun of Stomp The ard was ridiculously stupid and long. I almost fell asleep. However, they do have a funny spoof of GTA, which was probably the bets part of the movie.