RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED!

abundant

gicoverfeb08.jpg

Resistance 2

Genre: Goty

Release: Fall 2008

Platform: PlayStation 3

-One campaign focusing on Nathan Hale across USA, 1 player

-One separate story based campaign supporting 2 players offline, 8 players Online

-Online Multiplayer (dedicated servers) supporting 60 people, lobbies for individual squads

-Classes for online, templates include Heavy, Special Ops, Medic

-New vehicles including Chameleon (Stalker with cloak)

-Partial randomized geometry in level spots

-Insane stat tracking coupled with MyResistance.net

I avoided the first Resistance. Just cause I'm so late to get a PS3 the interest from everyone else would have died down, which it inevitably will continue to do since this has been announced.

This type of game isn't really my forte but I'm gonna try and get into em, hence the recent purchase of Rainbow.

Eh, 60 players isn't anything special. Depending on the map size that is. I've played multiple games of CS: Source with 60ish people and it usually just boils down to picking off the guys other people plinked off. Resistance just looked like a run and gunner for the first one, whereas Battlefield: 2/theotherones are massive maps with various vehicles that you can have up to 64 players on and what not. So basically I expect nothing from this. 8 player co-op is neat though.