Movie star John Cena is back!

ROC

If Inside Pulse linking to a film production site is to be believed...

John Cena's next film will be WWE Films production 12 Rounds, set to tape in New Orleans, LA, from February 25 through May 12.

Here is the description from ProductionCharts.com:

During the chaos of Mardi Gras, New Orleans Detective Danny Baxter experiences the longest, most harrowing day of his life when criminal mastermind Miles Jackson III kidnaps Danny's girlfriend Janine and orders Danny to participate in a battle of wits that lasts "Twelve Rounds" and spans the city.

The film will be directed by Renny Harlin (Cleaner, Exorcist: The Beginning, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Die Hard 2, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master) written by Dan Kunka, and produced by Mark Gordon, Josh McLaughlin, Mike Lake and Vince McMahon.

According to IMDB.com, the film is scheduled for a September 8 release.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be an alright movie. Since the director did direct Die Hard 2, and the Die Hard series is the shit.

But yet again, the same plot as The Marine. Blah, they need new motives. Maybe if Cena took down some huge drug king-pin and they get revenge by taking his girlfriend. But the WWE and Drugs is a huge no no.

This sounds exactly like Die Hard 3.

Die Hard 3 synopsis:

Soon, a man named Simon calls and asks for McClane. Simon tells Inspector Walter Cobb that McClane is going to play a game called "Simon Says". He says that McClane is going to do the tasks he assigns him. If not, he'll blow off another bomb. With the help of a Harlem electrician, John McClane must race all over New York trying to figure out the frustrating puzzles that the crafty terrorist gives him.

Cena's film synopsis:

During the chaos of Mardi Gras, New Orleans Detective Danny Baxter experiences the longest, most harrowing day of his life when criminal mastermind Miles Jackson III kidnaps Danny's girlfriend Janine and orders Danny to participate in a battle of wits that lasts "Twelve Rounds" and spans the city.

Edited by Renegade

I've watched The Marine, and aside from him being a former Marine in this "12 Rounds" it seems pretty much the same, which seems quite confusing to me. The Condemned didn't do that well, but this one will probably be even worse, because as already mentioned, it seems so much like Cena's last movie.

The question will obviously be put to them how it's so different, and I'd be amused to hear the answer.

"The Marine" was legitimately a success, as was "See No Evil". That's because they kept the costs low and counted on the DVD market to make up for everything. I don't understand why they wouldn't do this one as straight to DVD and save the huge print costs of a theatrical release. But hey, it ain't the WWE's fault FOX Atomic is into burning money.

I've watched The Marine, and aside from him being a former Marine in this "12 Rounds" it seems pretty much the same, which seems quite confusing to me. The Condemned didn't do that well, but this one will probably be even worse, because as already mentioned, it seems so much like Cena's last movie.

The question will obviously be put to them how it's so different, and I'd be amused to hear the answer.

The Condemned didn't do well in theatre, however DVD rental and sales helped to make up for that in the long term, and probably will continue to do just that.

I guess this all but assures that Cena won't be back for Mania. Oh well, though quick question. Cena did the Marine, right around the same time that his character changed to this silly "hero". So with that logic in mind, I wonder what are the odds of Cena coming back as Inspector Cena.

Edited by MikelSweeten