Best Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or Movie

WINNER: Samantha Morton, "Longford"

Rose Byrne, "Damages"

Katherine Heigl, "Grey's Anatomy"

Rachel Griffiths, "Brothers & Sisters"

Samantha Morton, "Longford"

Anna Paquin, "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee"

Jaime Pressly, "My Name Is Earl"

Duchovny winning for Californication is great. I thought that show was very witty and well written. Haven't been able to see the last two or three episodes yet, but everything about the series so far has been awesome.

Juno was a well done film but Ellen PAge really irks me for some reason..I thought she came off the same as she did in Hard Candy, same attitude and whatnot. No Country For Old Men is definetly the best film I saw this year, Im glad Javier took home some gold for his role at least.
Edited by Pepsi

Yeah I wouldn't say the attitude is the same at all. The only correlation between the characters really is Ellen Page's awesome offbeat delivery. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that this girl came from "Trailer Park Boys". Great show yes, but great acting not so much. :D

Gotta love the total douche move to drop the writing categories from the broadcast. We definitely needed to see that miniseries acting award presented. Wonder how much NBC Universal would be making off of "American Gangster" without a screenplay.

Yeah I wouldn't say the attitude is the same at all. The only correlation between the characters really is Ellen Page's awesome offbeat delivery. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that this girl came from "Trailer Park Boys". Great show yes, but great acting not so much. :D

Gotta love the total douche move to drop the writing categories from the broadcast. We definitely needed to see that miniseries acting award presented. Wonder how much NBC Universal would be making off of "American Gangster" without a screenplay.

I have absolutely no desire to see Atonement. I'm not above a good arthouse flick, but it just really strikes me as one of those movies that no one actually sees and was made under the Oscar Formula. No Country For Old Men not winning was a total bummer, but it was hilarious to watch a "distinguished award show" treated like a glorified episode of Access Hollywood.

I gotta say, I was rooting for Pushing Daisies to win! lol Kinda disappointed they didn't win a thing. Other than that, I've come to realize I realy do not watch much TV because I have no idea what any of these shows are (Extras and what not) and the movies even less! I only heard of most of them through hearing who was nominated... hmmm... And I'm a big movie buff too so I dunno what's going on here! lol

Guest Ringmaster

Atonement is a big puddle of yawn featuring the same old "old guard" British acting that's all "Why Lord Charleston, would you fancy some sugar with that old cup of tea?" that's plagued Merchant Ivory films since the dawn of time, that and the ending -- tacky, tacky, tacky.

Some strange stuff with regards to films though. La Vie En Rose may be a film about a singer but no way in hell is it a musical. Just 'cause she stands there and sings a bit, that doesn't make it a musical, and if that movie's a comedy than people are sad, sad miserable bastards :shifty:. As an aside, the subtitles on that movie were horrendous. Piaf would say stuff like "who's this cunt?" and the subtitles would go "who is this silly man?". Ridiculous. Also how Persepolis wasn't even nominated for Animation blows ass. Beyond that I can't really complain, other than the Cohen Brothers not winning best director(s), Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon was good but the directing wasn't as awesome as NCFOM.

Comedy-show wise, this was a tragedy of voting. Drama-show wise, sensational for the most part, as Mad Men is sensational, and if you've not seen it then boo-urns.

Jesus, whoever decides who wins just struck out all over the place.

1) Atonement beating There Will Be Blood, Michael Clayton, Eastern Promises and No Country For Old Men. Strikes the fuck one, two, three and four right there because Atonement, while not an awful movie, was definitely nothing more than mediocre.

2) Hairspray even being nominated, strike five. I didn't laugh once, I cracked a smile twice and I cringed at least ten times. John Travolta...what the fuck happened to your career?

3) Sweeney Todd beating Juno, strike five and a half. I liked Sweeney despite normally disliking most of Tim Burton's work (and him badmouthing Kevin Smith is just head-shakingly wrong), but even without Ellen Page, Juno should have smoked it. Michael Cera's just fucking perfect, possibly better than he was in Superbad.

4) Daniel Day-Lewis beating George Clooney, and James McAvoy being nominated, strikes six and seven respectively. McAvoy was nowhere near as good as he was in The Last King Of Scotland (although how much of that is down to Atonement being a pile of wanky toss), and Day-Lewis, while being good, wasn't a patch on Clooney. That is, admittedly, biased because Clooney is one of my favourite actors around (along with Tom Hanks and Christian Bale).

5) I'm tempted to criticise the choice of Depp, but as amazing as Hanks and John C. Reilly were, Depp was a cut above. I went into the theatre expecting not to like the film at all, and came out pleasantly surprised.

6) Casey Affleck not winning, strikes eight, nine, ten and in fact all the numbers up to and including one thousand nine hundred and seventeen. In fact, just fuck the Golden Globes.

7) Juno didn't even win Best Screenplay? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I had the Coens winning Best Director and Diablo Cody winning Best Screenplay.

8) I didn't expect "Walk Hard" to win best song, but it still makes me sad that it lost.

9) Christ, at least Ratatouille won.

10) Watched a couple of episodes of Mad Men, seemed decent, but I'm sent into a paroxym of generic rage that House didn't win.

11) Extras? Cunting Extras? Jesus, how many people got bribed to let that win? That hasn't been good since the first series

12) Fuck, I completely forgot Dexter wasn't nominated for Best Drama, which is gay in itself, but John Fucking Hamm winning is super-gay.

13) At least Duchovny won Best Comedy Actor. That said, any of him, Alec Baldwin or Steve Carell would have been fine choices.

14) Tina Fey wins! Cloudy will be pleased!

Summary - The Golden Globes can suck a lot of cocks.

As much as I liked Atonement, it winning ahead of No Country for Old Men is an absolute fucking tragedy. I suspect that Country's violence and the fact it wasn't a fairly standard film in terms of plot and style hurt it - because as good as Atonement was, it really didn't have anywhere near the style, scripting, or class of Country.

I don't know why the violence would play a factor when The Departed won the Oscar for best film last year and it is pretty damn violent. And I consider the Academy Awards to be far more up its own ass than the Golden Globes.

There isn't a more up its own ass "legit award show" than the Globes. This is just one of many well formed criticisms of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association written over the years: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-...inion-rightrail

True enough, I guess. The Departed was a little more 'standard' though. I don't know. No Country for Old Men's violence seemed a little wanton. Innocents being killed. Women being killed. I have no idea what the reason would be - but there is no way Atonement was a better film than No Country for Old Men.