The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

From whattheyplay.com (the website that supposedly helps parents make informed decisions on games for their kids):

It may intrigue parents to note that Niko is presented throughout as reluctantly violent. He expresses regret and disgust at his predicament throughout the story...

So, I randomly dial some numbers and.....I get nothing.

I've seen two numbers around the city (555-2222 at the Taxi place, and some nail salon with another 555 number)....has anyone found any numbers out that do something? Outside of 911.

Do cops come into a building if you're trying to hide there? I know if the building is in the radius, the search will continue. Yesterday I was up on one of the fire escapes by Vlad's hangout (no way to get to the roof there), but I killed the two guys in the alley with a shotgun, just for fun. Obviously the cops came after me, but didn't chase me up the fire escape. Not sure if they saw me up there to begin with or not. But like I said, the search radius was still centered on me, but I wasn't chased up the fire escape. Not sure if buildings have the same effect.

Yep, I was barreling along and accidentally slammed into a police car, which happened to be right next to Roman's apartment. So I quickly run in and go upstairs and aim at the door in case someone came in. Sure enough, after about a minute a cop comes in and I shoot him, repeat a few times, then they come in twos. Then I decide to make a run for it and get gunned down trying to break into a car.

EDIT: And fun game to play with 911 - call a fire truck when you're in an enclosed place (like a set of garages) and watch it try to get in. It was like that scene in Austin Powers. :D

Edited by Scott McFly

Guess whose got it :pervert:

Me once I bother with six star?

Seriously, why are people ragging on the driving? Oh god we can't mash full on the brakes anymore and turn, nonononononono this is horrible.

Edited by Kou

Seriously, why are people ragging on the driving? Oh god we can't mash full on the brakes anymore and turn, nonononononono this is horrible.

Because not everyone can be as good as you.

Why would you go ahead and feed his ego by not saying that sarcastically?

Why would you go ahead and feed his ego by not saying that sarcastically?

Because this is deadly serious LL. Kou should be a professional gamer or something.

I'm on the mission early on, for Vlad, where you have to chase a shopkeeper in a car. But I can't seem to get one in time before he gets away in his van. They're all locked, anyone know a solution?

I had to try that one a few times too. Just break into one of the cars that are out back. The problem is catching up and keeping up with the van enough to ram it a few times. Just run out the back immediately after him and break into a car straight away.

I'm on the mission early on, for Vlad, where you have to chase a shopkeeper in a car. But I can't seem to get one in time before he gets away in his van. They're all locked, anyone know a solution?

I had to try that one a few times too. Just break into one of the cars that are out back. The problem is catching up and keeping up with the van enough to ram it a few times. Just run out the back immediately after him and break into a car straight away.

Break into a car? How do you do that?

Break into a car? How do you do that?

Em, the same button as getting in and out of a car? He should break into it if it's locked.

I ordered mine on the 10th March and got it yesterday. Yours can't be too far behind. If you don't get it today, you'll surely get it tomorrow.

Turns out that the post I received early in the morning was actually something to do with my Mums catalogue. There were letters 'n everything so it mislead me. I got home at 4pm and it was there :)

Amazing so far. I love the little details.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...s-Records-in-UK

The game also set a record for first-day Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 sales by wide margins. 335,000 360 copies were sold compared to the old record of 266,000 for Halo 3, and 274,000 PS3 copies were sold compared to Gran Turismo 5: Prologue's relatively paltry 80,000 copies.

Early lead for 360 in UK.