The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

For those that have gotten the Chain Reaction achievement. What's the best way to do that if you don't have an RPG? I've tried grenades but they never blow up all ten cars.

I got it my first try. I got a bunch of cars in a cramed circle, dropped a grenade and ran towards oncoming traffic, dropping grenades as I went.

I've attempted and failed at snow storm. Yeah, I can see how this is gonna be really hard to do successfully.

There are gas tanks you can shoot in the far room (before getting to the one with two people in it).

I've attempted and failed at snow storm. Yeah, I can see how this is gonna be really hard to do successfully.

There are gas tanks you can shoot in the far room (before getting to the one with two people in it).

That's not my problem. The bikers are easy. It's the cops that are a pain in the ass.

I completed Snow Storm on my 2nd try, after I died on the first try cos I was standing next to a gas tank that exploded when a cop shot it.

Just do the mission as normal, wipe everyone out before you pick up the bag, then slowly pick off any cops who are about. When you're close to getting outside, take cover and kill any cops who are outside, then just drive off.

Yeah I did Snow Storm eventually. It helped to actually plan my escape route beforehand as I always seemed to run into dead ends. Including one where I ran over a fuel drum and blew myself up.

Annoyingly I took great care when doing it the first time, walking around the building and picking off people with sniper fire and chucking grenades in, then I realised you can pretty much just go in and let rip since there's a medkit and body armour inside. Spent around 15 minutes the first time doing this. >_<

And nailed Three Leaf Clover last night too. Took me about 4 tries though...

First try saw me get to almost the end where you have to escape the police, but my car caught fire and Derek got caught in the blast because he obviously didn't run away in time. Second try I lost an assload of health in the subway and got shot just as you come out to street level. Third try, fucking Derek again got lost in the subway tunnel as I almost reached the top of the service stairs. Had to go back down and retrieve him, only to find the police coming down the stairs and eventually shooting the crap out of me. Fourth try I eventually got it after a mid-chase vehicle change and running around the streets hopping over barriers trying to find one. Very little health left though, didn't think I was gonna make it. Must've spent over an hour last night tryna do it.

But as frustrating and annoying as it was, it was brilliant. Also, just me or did it remind anyone else of...

the movie Cloverfield? Obviously the name is a reference to the Irish roots of the family, but having to run down the street, through alleyways avoiding the police (substituting for the thing in the movie), and then making it down into the subway, it could also be referencing the film and really reminded me of it.

So I've done a few missions after Three Leaf Clover and they've been pretty straightforward, any other tough/awesome missions I should look out for? Spoiler tag it obviously. :)

Edited by Scott McFly

Been meaning to ask this for days, but every time I come on, I forget what it was...

Is there anything that can be done (or is there any point, for that matter) in the guy who seems to be calling up to a window, chatting bollocks opposite your apartment in Bohan?

I've beaten him up a couple of times, but he keeps coming back. Does he actually do anything later on, or there for the sake of it?

Been meaning to ask this for days, but every time I come on, I forget what it was...

Is there anything that can be done (or is there any point, for that matter) in the guy who seems to be calling up to a window, chatting bollocks opposite your apartment in Bohan?

I've beaten him up a couple of times, but he keeps coming back. Does he actually do anything later on, or there for the sake of it?

Bwahaha, I don't know the answer to your question but when I was using that safehouse I always made a point of pushing him to the ground any time I saw him, as a matter of principle. I doubt he really does anything, it's likely just one of those weird happenings that go on around you. Could be wrong though.

Speaking of pushing. I loved pushing all the helitour workers into the water until they drowned while waiting for helicopters to land so I can get the Siteseer achievement. It was fun standing on the top of a ladder and kicking them off when they would climb up. :D

Edited by RandaLL

Speaking of ladders, has anyone had any experience with the new engine? That is, grabbing onto stuff after falling off. I had a couple of instances when going to 'the heart' where I would slide down the ladder, hit someone climbing up, fall off and then grab the ladder for a split second before falling off again.