The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

The one where you have to steal the truck of heroin from the Triads. The truck tries to get away and you have to run after it, climb on the back, and play a little mini-game of sorts to get up on top of the truck, climb your way to the front of the truck and take control of it.

Ah yeah, that was awesome. I'd love for some high speed mission on the freeways trying to stay on the truck and maybe jumping from truck to truck. Or perhaps trains. Either way, this game could have had so much more variety and it really didn't, chase after chase and just mostly shooting YOUR way through things. Hopefully the potential DLC episodes will have more variety because it's needed.

That was my biggest issue with the game. Lack of variety and way too short.

After finishing I started up a new game to just piss about with it, and the lack of interest ht me big time. No more katana killing sprees, getting the army after me, robbing people, destruction derby, gambling, parachuting or just screwing around with a harrier. Even the mission variety is lacking. As Jouzy said, effectively you chase people and/or shoot them to death.

And by skipping the cut scenes the second time around and knowing precisely what to do along with taxiing my way everywhere I got through half the game in about 5 hours and then quit. A lot of it was just dull. Some of the missions are fantastic though no doubt, and the game is quite nice looking. I just wish there was more to do.

Guaranteed the DLC for the 360 or at least the next game (more likely of the two) will have or bring back most of the elements people miss.

I love this game. I just finished the mission where:

You kill the drug dealers for the cop.

I did most of it sniping and taking my time (how I do most missions with situations like that) and afterwards I checked my combat stats: 223 kills by headshot! Fuck yeah!

Oh, and Final Interview spoilers:

The first time I did this mission a friend of mine actually wanted to try it (he is past me on his game, but keeps skipping this mission) and it was funny as well. The way the secretary reacts if you shoot the lawyer is priceless. My friend couldn't fight his way out though and ended up getting blasted away.

I re-did it and instead of shooting him, I punched him twice then stabbed him. Walked out like nothing ever happened. It was nice.

Dwayne is the neediest motherfucker ever. May as well be my boyfriend, he always acts like a total bitch when I say we can't hang out and if I don't call him for a while when he calls me he sounds like a spurned lover.

Dude is fucking annoying. If it weren't for the swank safehouse, Dwayne... *shakes fist*

Dwayne, despite being on like 38% friendship due to just not hanging with friends lately, is one of my favourites. Feel sorry for the guy.

I like Dwayne, don't get me wrong. I'd just like him a lot more if he wasn't calling me ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

He's only 69% friendship for me now. Second lowest one, I have Brucie on 53% or something like that. Everyone else is between 75-100%.