The Anime Thread

Ruki

I actually didn't see 45-46 yet, but I'm planning on it today. I just meant that I was discouraged since I usually hear nothing but awesomeness about the show, and hearing that made me wonder. I'm guessing some people gonna die though in the next two episodes.

Medusa, and just to completely turn Krona around, have Ragnarok die too, probably protecting Krona from Medusa before she goes. And Sid is probably dying for real some time soon.

Shit, Soul Eater is over for good in April!

Pretty much. It was the most anticlimactic, lazy plot resolution episode I've seen in ages.

... also, man, I like how the anime clearly had no actual idea what Medusa's motivations are so they're just like "SHE'S DOING... SOMETHING. SOMETHING EVIL."

Soul Eater 45:

Wow, I was mostly right. I don't mind a lot of things happening at once like that. Stein and Medusa were both large but ultimately side stories to the major problem of Asura. Ragnarok died to give Excalibur room to take over as Krona's new weapon, but I'm not expecting them to do to much this late in the series. Marie needed a real power other than smashing toilets so I don't really even mind that, even though her personality goes back and forth so much I don't really care about her anyway. In the end, it's time for the final showdown...... YES MIFUNE AND BLACK STAR AGAIN!

Soul Eater 46:

The subs I read were a little off, but what I got was that all of Death The Kids worries were useless, and then forgotten about.....Okay then. Eibon is here now and that means we are getting close. The giant laser cannon of evil was actually pretty cool. Black Star and Mifune always have had awesome fights, and this is included. Black Stars dad is shown (or uncle, oh yeah) and it seems they want us to think that Black Star is going evil (Not happening, so it's worthless) We can finally see what Brew does, and EXCALIBUR HOLY POOP ON A STICK! And he's serious

Okay, I've started reading the Soul Eater manga from where the anime started getting lame (specifically, where BJ was introduced; dear god he is so much cooler in the manga as opposed to the one-note "lol coffee" character he is in the anime) and man is it fantastic. If you've only been watching the anime, go check it out, the way it's fleshed out the supporting cast like Ox, Kim, and Kilik is awesome.

I'm gonna go ahead and wait for the series to finish first. Lorina and I both agreed that we wanted to wait out the anime's finale before we got started on the manga, so... yeah, there's that :P

I plan on checking it out soon as the show's done though, admittedly.

I found a new series today called Michiko to Hatchin, and it's actually pretty good so far (Well, the first episode) It seems to take place in South America, and it's looking to get pretty dark before it's over. It's still in it's first season ( I think like, only 15 is translated so far ) so it wont take too long to catch up. So, check it out.

Edited by VinnyT

Double post, but Soul Eater 47 is pleasantly early. So...

Soul Eater 47

So, who the hell told the Soul Eater guys they needed MECH FIGHTS FOR NO REASON?! It's like they just said fuck to the whole "invasion" thing and had Shinigami turn the entire city into a fucking mech Then that Mosquito guy I wish would just die turns Arachnophobia's castle into a little spider mech then they play grab ass for a bit then suddenly they grab Asura AND THAT'S IT. Even Death The Kid was bitching at how stupid it was.

It started out well with the conclusion of Black Star/Mifune III (although Black Stars "revelation" was a bit weak) but overall it got to be a real mess. Hopefully the next episode (I didn't check the preview on purpose) makes up for it.

Or, Soul Eater 47:

1236307957178.jpg?t=1236308363

YOU'RE DRILL IS A DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

Edited by VinnyT

Finally dropped the American version of Shonen Jump from my box at the comics shop. I went to pick up my comics today and had the two most recent issues in the box, told them to put them back, and filled out a drop form. And I have every issue of Shonen Jump up until those two issues.

Its not worth it for me to keep reading it when the only manga they carry I actually still give a damn about is One-Piece.

Double post, but Soul Eater 47 is pleasantly early. So...

Soul Eater 47

So, who the hell told the Soul Eater guys they needed MECH FIGHTS FOR NO REASON?! It's like they just said fuck to the whole "invasion" thing and had Shinigami turn the entire city into a fucking mech Then that Mosquito guy I wish would just die turns Arachnophobia's castle into a little spider mech then they play grab ass for a bit then suddenly they grab Asura AND THAT'S IT. Even Death The Kid was bitching at how stupid it was.

It started out well with the conclusion of Black Star/Mifune III (although Black Stars "revelation" was a bit weak) but overall it got to be a real mess. Hopefully the next episode (I didn't check the preview on purpose) makes up for it.

Or, Soul Eater 47:

1236307957178.jpg?t=1236308363

YOU'RE DRILL IS A DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

BAH. BAH I SAY TO YOUR REVIEW.

I enjoyed this episode. It was funny and serious all at once, and it captured the light-hearted Shinigami while at the same time showing just how frustrated he is over the whole ordeal. Shinigami's entire point to the invasion was getting Asura within Death City again so they could face off, because last time he managed to escape and Shinigami couldn't go anywhere.

How else is Shinigami going to get Death City to come to Arachnophobia, except for turning it into a mech? Granted, he could have just made the city fly, but still.

And as for the conclusion of Black Star/Mifune, I enjoyed it. Black Star's revelation worked, it made him realize that the path he was going on to begin with was the wrong one in that he'd strayed from his own path out of fear of failure. When he realized this, he was able to correct himself and get back to what he knew he was capable of being, and face that fear he'd had before. Once he's able to get past the fear that had caused him to stray before, he was able to unleash the power of the Fey Blade that he couldn't tap into before.

Though I have to agree with you on the point that Asura getting devoured by Death City was... well, that was just absurd. And yeah, I also liked how in the preview for the next episode, Kid was bitching about how it all happened and how no-one would allow things to end that way :P

Reading what I said a few days ago, I realized that I think I really hated the whole devouring thing at the end, but everything else was cool. Even Black Star. I must have been in a bad mood. Apparently the show went all FMA on the manga right during the end of that fight in the hurricane thingy, so I'll accept it a bit as a way to just get the final fight(s) going. I'm happy with it now for the most part.

GIRUGAMESH