The Anime Thread

Ruki

Curious. I have the first episode of the new Haruhi Suzumiya series sitting on my computer...and I can't be bothered to watch it right now. It seems I'd much rather play Football Manager instead.

My anime enthusiasm is at a low ebb. :(

Holy shit, I didn't even realize it was out. Between this, a decent sub group finally moving along with One Piece, and the new FMA thing I think I'm finally coming out of my low ebb, anime-wise (manga-wise I've been fine for the last week if just because I read through the entirety of Fairy Tail up to its current point and that's perfectly acceptable shounen).

So, uh. How about that Haruhi Season 2?

Pretty decent but not like great or anything. Next episode needs more SOS Brigade and less Woo-Hoo Look How Science Fiction We Are.

EDIT: And yeah, only the first episode right now, and apparently it's going to be a month until the next one (I think this one might not have aired on TV and was just like a preview... thing).

Edited by GoGophidian

So apparently Pandora Hearts is set for something like 24/26 episodes. My Gurren Lagann flashbacks have begun, hopefully this series delivers like GL did rather than fails to like SE. It has a ridiculous amount of potential, and I'm loving it so far... I seriously hope it stays that way and realizes its potential.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

A supposed episode list for Haruhi S2. Pulled it off a fairly reputable message board, but not sure what the original source is.

# Apr 02 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1

# Apr 09 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2

# Apr 16 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 3

# Apr 23 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 4

# Apr 30 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 5

# May 07 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 6

# May 14 - The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya

# May 21 - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody

# May 28 - Mysterique Sign

# Jun 04 - Remote Island Syndrome Part1

# Jun 11 - Remote Island Syndrome Part2

# Jun 18 - Endless Eight

# Jun 25 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 1

# Jul 02 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 2

# Jul 09 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 3

# Jul 16 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 4

# Jul 23 - The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Episode 00

# Jul 30 - Live A Live

# Aug 07 - The Day of Sagittarius

# Aug 14 - Someday in the rain

# Aug 21 - The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 1

# Aug 28 - The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 2

# Sep 03 - The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 3

# Sep 10 - The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 4

# Sep 17 - The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya 5

# Sep 24 - Charmed at First Sight Lover

# Oct 1 - Snow Mountain Syndrome Pt 1

# Oct 8 - Snow Mountain Syndrome Pt 2

According to this, it'll be another month until the new episodes start in earnest.

So, Pandora Hearts Episode 8.

Wooow, this episode answered a good deal of questions, like why Break and Sharon(sp?) never aged and all that. Plus OHSHIT Oz's clock moved. I didn't think they'd do it so abruptly, I figured his first one would be made into a big deal but instead they decided to do it a little more subtly and introduce a new character through it too, who I can only assume is the white rabbit.

I'm loving Oz's character. He's interesting, he's practically helpless on his own but he's so confident and headstrong that he can hold his own despite being surrounded by people so much more powerful than he is. This whole "Will of the Abyss" thing is intriguing too, especially with how Oz is apparently the key to figuring it all out. Anyway, it's all progressing very, very well... I'm seriously loving this show more each episode.

You people need to get into this show. Seriously, it's been really damn entertaining so far, and it takes a decent bit of thinking to keep up with, but it's still very interesting.

After I am done Ghost in the Shell I am not going to want an anime that makes me think <_<

Trust me, Ruki, you'll enjoy it. It does require thought, but not, like, oodles of it or anything. You'll do fine.

It's a hell of a story though, and it's had great character development thus far. I dunno, just something I'd recommend getting into. I'd like to think that after bringing you Gurren Lagann and Soul Eater you'd trust my recommendations by now >_>

Though to be fair, SE fell tremendously short by its end, but that's in no way my fault, so... :shifty:

I do trust you, I just hate waiting week after week for a series :shifty:

You little bitch, that's the best part! Having to wait a week before the new episode comes out is like your own little weekly Christmas (except on filler weeks, which was by and large another problem with SE but whatever).

Anyway, Pandora Hearts will keep you entertained. You aughta give it a shot, there's 8 episodes so far and something like 26 planned apparently. You'll be fine following something for that long :shifty:

Remind me on Friday or Saturday and I'll download them :P

Bah, no need for downloading. This ain't like Gurren Lagann was, there's websites that have decent quality uploads of them to just watch whenever. Though I suppose if you're super into having them downloaded on your computer you would go ahead and download them, but... really, there's no problem just watching them off one of the sites that has it on it :shifty:

Remind me on Friday or Saturday and I'll download them :P

Bah, no need for downloading. This ain't like Gurren Lagann was, there's websites that have decent quality uploads of them to just watch whenever. Though I suppose if you're super into having them downloaded on your computer you would go ahead and download them, but... really, there's no problem just watching them off one of the sites that has it on it :shifty:

Care to share the site via PM?

Just wanna give Higurashi no naku koro ni a shoutout. It's an intriguing show that starts out sickeningly cute then moves on to absolutely terrifying. Then it starts all over again. Though my only worry is that if all this buildup leads to some shit conclusion, I'm gonna have to choke a bitch.

""Sickeningly cute then moves on to absoltuely terrifying"...this being Higurashi where the first episode starts with a flash-forward to the guy bludgeoning his friends to death with a baseball bat, yes? :P Although beyond that initial hiccup, it does indeed go as you say.

I tell you, if that was on TV and you missed the first...oh, 60 seconds of episode 1, you would have NO idea what you were in for. >_>

But eh, I watched half of the first series because I was drawn in by the sheer "WhatthefuckWHATTHEFUCK" factor of it (in spite of the subpar animation etc.)...not to mention how each 3 or 4 episode arc was followed by them starting back at the beginning again, only for something entirely differently and even *more* fucked up to follow. I wanted to know what was up with that, but when I eventually found out...

(YES, SPOILER.)

...that it was just your typical 'Groundhog Day' occurance, because the town is cursed or something...

...that left me kind of underwhelmed.

I know they've made a second (and a third?) series, but unless you can tell me some awesome thing they do to make me want to, I'm not bothered with them either.

There, Norro, I watched the first episode. Are you happy?

Seems pretty decent so far, but...

I knew from the second I seen Gilbert that I wasn't going to trust him.....even if he is being controlled by someone like I think he is.

Edit: Every female in this anime (minus Ada) looks evil.

Edit 2: Hey! Norro! I watched episode 2! It was a lot better than the first one in my opinion.

So Gil was under control of that weird bondage-type creature, yay I was right! And the chick that wants to kill Oz is really...not that bad? And early bet on who was under the cloak: Oz' dad.

Also, was it just me....or did the guy who was with Break and Shannon look kinda like Lulu from Geass?

Edited by Ruki