The Anime Thread

Ruki

You mean Raven? Yeah, Lorina wants me to cosplay as him. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it as much... could pull it off well and I like the design of the character. You'll like Raven, Ruki.

Gah! You must watch faster, Ruki! I want you to catch up to a certain point so I can have spoilerific discussions with you. Once you hit a certain episode I'll be able to do that.

Every episode has built on the last so far, I'm pretty certain you'll enjoy each episode a little more than the last, Ruki, or at least close to anyway. No fillers yet, doubtful there will be any with as short as the show is apparently going to be, too.

More people should watch this show.

This sequence of posts is just going to happen every six months, isn't it.

Every time a new series comes along to capture our interest? Yeah... pretty much :shifty:

What can I say? I enjoy discussion on a new series. It was fun with GL, it was fun to a point with SE, and it's fun here.

I do have to give you credit where it's due though, by the by... you pretty much called a shitty end for SE well in advance and I still let myself maintain high hopes only to be disappointed by the ending. I should have listened to you on that >_>

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Yeah, I'm glad I realized that the Soul Eater anime was falling into a downward spiral of "shit we have five more episodes to resolve everything" when I did. Thankfully the manga is really excellent, though.

Yeah, I'm glad I realized that the Soul Eater anime was falling into a downward spiral of "shit we have five more episodes to resolve everything" when I did. Thankfully the manga is really excellent, though.

I've still not read the manga... I'll have to start sometime because I've been hearing that a lot about it.

That's the one concern I have about Pandora Hearts: Square Enix is doing it, and they did Soul Eater. Moreover, SE was a manga adaptation, and so is Pandora Hearts. That being said... I dunno, they're doing great so far, they don't have as many episodes to work with like they did with Soul Eater so I think that's helping them, and the whole thing just has this interesting vibe to it as you go further in. It's a hell of a story.

I have high hopes again, basically, so I hope Square won't stomp them out like they did the last time. Hate it when that happens :shifty:

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Well, no. Soul Eater and Pandora Hearts were actually produced by different actual studios; Bones (FMA, Ouran, Wolf's Rain) did Soul Eater, Pandora Hearts is being done by Xebec (Love Hina, Martian Successor Nadesico, Outlaw Star). I'm pretty sure Square isn't responsible for the actual end result of the anime itself. I could have the process entirely wrong, mind you, but yeah.

Edited by Don FlamenGo

Well, no. Soul Eater and Pandora Hearts were actually produced by different actual studios; Bones (FMA, Ouran, Wolf's Rain) did Soul Eater, Pandora Hearts is being done by Xebec (Love Hina, Martian Successor Nadesico, Outlaw Star). I'm pretty sure Square isn't responsible for the actual end result of the anime itself. I could have the process entirely wrong, mind you, but yeah.

... based on the track record then of those doing Pandora Hearts, I'm suddenly filled with supreme optimism. Holy shit.

Watched episode 3 yesterday, didn't mention it....

I really liked the Mad Baby thing, it reminded me of the Baby-Head-Doll thing from Toy Story. Wondering why Alice doesn't remember trying to kill Oz, MAYBE IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE ALL TOGETHER?! DUN DUN DUN.

I like that Oz took the contract, but I don't like how that makes Alice live inside of him. Boo to that idea dammit! I want them to have more out of body interactions! Also, Alice=B.Rabbit and Oz=W.Rabbit I assume?

Norro, this is a pretty good series, will watch episode 4 in a bit. Work has been slow this week so...need something to do :shifty:

Edit: wrong tags >_<

Edited by Ruki

I am in the process of downloading Fate Stay Night and Gungrave.

Someone tell me if I am making a mistake.

Haven't seen Fate Stay Night, but Gungrave is somewhat decent, though a little slow in parts.

So, Will of the Abyss...

Creepy ass rabit, and oh shit, she looks like Alice! Twin? The one who really tried to choke Oz? WHO KNOWS?!

Edit:

Holy shit! Break coming out from under the bed? That was both funny and creepy as hell!
Edited by HiRuki Sugimura

So this is a little new for me, but I figured I might as well post here since I've become seriously involved with anime since last fall. My very first intro to anime was Sailor Moon when I was in middle school, as it came on the TV before/after school. Also watched a few episodes of Gundam Wing when it was on Toonami or whatever it was called.

Since then I've caught a few episodes of various shows, though it was more of a "watch whatever my friends are watching because I was bored and went to their house and that's all they were doing" sorta thing. About last November is the time I really got into it, as I watched the finale of Avatar, then proceeded to watch the entire series. Then during Christmas my friend bought me the first volume of Naruto, and got me hooked on that.

Since then I haven't really started exploring or trying out new series until about a month ago when my friend bought Death Note and we plowed through those. Still have one or two discs to go. Since then I've downloaded some episodes on my 360 of Shuffle! and Hell Girl, also got the pilots for Tsukihime, Shigurui Death Frenzy, and Last Exile. Also going to buy Cowboy Bebop and check out a lot of series that Ruki suggested.

Also, just caught up with Pandora Hearts:

I was a little offput by how much they used the cliche over exaggerated animation, but that was only for the first episode and they've used it well since then. Very intrigued by the whole story and plot, and I love/hate the cliffhangers. Oh yeah, I could totally see Norris as Raven.

DAMMIT! I HATE YOU NORRO!

Now I have to wait for episode 10 of Pandora Hearts.

And man, I am loving the cast of characters. Oz is good, Alice is great, Break is funny/creepy, Gil/Raven is awesome, and Echo now? Only one episode, but I love her!

First of all, I watched The Cat Returns on TV a few weeks back, then bought it on DVD and recently watched it again and laughed the whole way through at the weirdness of it both times. Anyone else seen it?

Also, are all other Studi Ghibli films just as good? I've seen Howl's Moving Castle, which I think was them as well, and I really liked the oddity of that.

Thirdly, please recommend me some good anime to watch.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

So as GoGo knows Lorina and I picked up on the Ouran Host Club recently... I just finished watching the series tonight.

OH GOD HOW DID SUCH A RIDICULOUS SHOW GET SO DAMN GOOD I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT BUT FOR SOME REASON I WISH IT DIDN'T END :crying:

Edited by The Mask of Natalia