TNA iMPACT! video game

Jayzon

They really hyped the crap out of this game. Motion capture by TNA stars, input from TNA wrestlers, and lots of schilling by the stars themselves that this game was going to blow SVR out of the water. I'd love to hear what some of the wrestlers really think of the game.

There's also a magazine I buy, it's FSM. They hyped the shit out of the game, and the cover even said "THE NEW KING OF WRESTLING GAMES". They also did a god-awful review of the game, basically brushing aside every problem the game has as a minor detail and highlighting the good points like there was no tomorrow. I actually like the magazine, it's just that it has an anti-WWE stance that makes it kind of intolerable at times, this one being one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
A month and a half following into its release, the price of the "TNA iMPACT!" video game has already been slashed. Major video game retailer GameStop has slashed the video game's price by $20 on all gaming platforms offered; Wii, Xbox 360, PS2

& PS3. You can see the advertisement promoting the offer at the following link. Sales of the video game have underpeformed and if sales don't pick up over the holidays, a second TNA game may not be in the cards. The developer behind the game, Midway, recently reported losses of $68.8 million this year and the current quarter will lead to even worse results, reports BusinessWeek.

20 bucks for it new...guessing preplayed will be even less..maybe I'll pick the game up now

Just to let some people know

sendit.com are currently selling TNA:iMPACT! for £15 or less on all major consoles.

Here's the link to the 360 version (just look around for the other versions)

http://www.sendit.com/sendit/9978570.product

plus if you add sendit10 to the discount box you can get it for £13:99

I know it's not $20, but that looks to be the closest it's going to be if they're clearing all stock.

DON'T DOWNLOAD PETEY. HE DOESN'T WORK.

Petey and Curry Man are up for 100 points each, Mike Tenay is free. I paid for Petey and downloaded Tenay since he's free. Tenay works fine. When you select Petey the game plays AJ Styles' entrance, then gives you Senshi to play as when the match starts. IE, NO PETEY.

• 2 weeks later...
I've read that the DLC for the game has been fixed and put back up online....That is if anyone is actually still playing it.

Yea I dl'ed it. Pretty much what you'd expect considering everyone has the same moveset.

But it is good being able to use Petey. He's got the 'Middleweight' moveset (where he does a springboard back elbow.)

• 1 month later...

Pfft I still win with the £13 deal a month or so back <_<

Played this with a mate a few days ago, and it is easily the best multiplayer game for anyone who even vaguely likes wrestling. We spent around half an hour beating the hell out of Mike Tenay whilst getting to grips with the advanced controls, planchas are indeed win once you master them.