Jonathan De Guzman is a bastard and Holland is full of bastards too

Guest Ringmaster

Guest Ringmaster

After much speculation on which country de Guzman would choose to represent internationally, motivated by de Guzman's non-committal public comments, he made himself available for selection by the Dutch national team immediately after receiving his Dutch citizenship in February, 2008. His decision was met with disappointment in Canada, which witnessed a similar situation when top soccer prospect Owen Hargreaves chose to play for the English national team. Controversially, de Guzman appeared in a nationally televised sports show on Canada a week before this announcement and claimed that he had not made up his mind on his international status, and was focusing on his club career in the Netherlands. Fans have adopted the nickname Judas de Guzman as his new Canadian name

As an Aussie fan, we see shit like this all of the time. Usually it's those sneaky Croats, but now the Greeks are trying to steal young Dean Bouzanis, the Croats are after Dario Vidosic and Matthew Spiranovic, and there's some shifty business going on with a young Ukrainian kid.

As an Aussie fan, we see shit like this all of the time. Usually it's those sneaky Croats, but now the Greeks are trying to steal young Dean Bouzanis, the Croats are after Dario Vidosic and Matthew Spiranovic, and there's some shifty business going on with a young Ukrainian kid.

Haha I didn't know it was such a big deal in Canada. De Guzman is better than his brother and he would be a great player for Canada but let's be honest here he'll have to carry Canada on his shoulders big time if he ever wanted to play at a World Cup but with Holland he plays at every big tournament with worldclass players. I expected him to choose for Holland 'cause he has been living here for 8 years (?), he speaks fluently Dutch and he has a lot of friends here so it's a quite logical choice.

Haha I didn't know it was such a big deal in Canada. De Guzman is better than his brother and he would be a great player for Canada but let's be honest here he'll have to carry Canada on his shoulders big time if he ever wanted to play at a World Cup but with Holland he plays at every big tournament with worldclass players. I expected him to choose for Holland 'cause he has been living here for 8 years (?), he speaks fluently Dutch and he has a lot of friends here so it's a quite logical choice.

Do you know anything about the Canadian national team?

Haha, as if Australia can lay stake to anybody considering 90% of the people are originally from those Eastern-European backgrounds. It's more the other way round, Australia would be stealing players from other nations more than anything
Edited by Merry ChrisWalkerBushmas

Do you know anything about the Canadian national team?

Edited by Kou

If Hargreaves and Jono had stayed in Canada they would never have become anything resembling what they are now/will be. The real Judases are the CSA, whose incompetence has caused a nation that plays soccer consistently more than any other sport to look at it as an afterthought. Get some competent management in place and the team we have now should be competitive for a World Cup slot. Until we can at least do that, why should a kid who's lived nearly half his life in a more competitive soccer country (and spent his formative years in that country I might add) come back here to slum it with us?

Of course they would become something resembling what they now are, would Hargreaves be at Man Utd though? Probably not. But on the whole they still would have developed into fine players for the Canadian national team.

AND HE SHOULD SLUM IT WITH US BECAUSE HIS DADDY SHOT HIS SPERM IN THIS COUNTRY BY GAWD KING.