Official Nascar 08 Season Thread

Vendetta

Whaaaaaaa? I was just watching SportsCenter about an hour and a half ago and they said the race was postponed until "sometime tomorrow". I guess 1am is still technically "sometime tomorrow" when it's 11PM the previous day, but I was assuming they meant something like Monday afternoon.

Yeah, I swear I thought I saw it say Monday at 1 PM. But I haven't slept very well the last couple of days so it could just have easily said Monday at 1 AM. I can't sleep anyway, so screw it, I'll stay up, but I can think of a couple dozen people that are going to wake up pissed in the morning.

That was the most retarded series of decisions I've ever seen in my 7+ years of watching NASCAR. They would have been better off just postponing the race until today after the 1st red flag debacle. If water is coming out of the ground when the cars are running over it, that's not going to change when it rains again. If you couldn't dry the track after a couple of hours, call it a day, don't waste everyone's time when the race was never going to be finished yesterday anyway.

That was the most retarded series of decisions I've ever seen in my 7+ years of watching NASCAR. They would have been better off just postponing the race until today after the 1st red flag debacle. If water is coming out of the ground when the cars are running over it, that's not going to change when it rains again. If you couldn't dry the track after a couple of hours, call it a day, don't waste everyone's time when the race was never going to be finished yesterday anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Food City 500 today. News of Notes: No qualifying, everyone was placed according to last year's owner's points. And it's the end of an era today as Dale Jarrett is running his last race. Here's hoping DJ wins today.

Also of note, I usually watch at my cousin's house on DirecTV with their NASCAR plan so I get to avoid the FOX morons but he broke up with his girlfriend, who he lived with so no DirecTV in car specials. Instead, I get the Fox Morons and on top of it Darrell Waltrip, the only one who knows what he's saying, has a sore throat.

Predictions for today's race? I just really hope Edwards doesn't win it this week. Cannot stand the guy.

Jarrett's going to race in the All-Star race, but that'll do it. Shame, he was my favorite driver.

#2 was Jeff Burton, though, and he won today, so all in all...not bad. What the hell happened to Hamlin, though, it looked like he was a gear below where he should've been, as soon as the GWC restart he just started dropping back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...