Which is the better of Marvel's casting calls?

AboveAverage

I'm curious to see what some of you think, as these are both pretty popular actors. IIRC Iron Man is set for early May, with The Incredible Hulk coming a month or two later.

Personally, as a total sucker for comic movies, I'm looking forward to both. I know there was alot of hate for Hulk, but for those who didn't like it, there's a new cast for the leads, new writers and a new director. Norton is great and has become immensely popular judging by the favorite actors voting thread...but I'm having some trouble imagining him in this role, for some reason.

Downey seems like a really good fit. I haven't seen too much of his work, but recently saw him in Zodiac and was impressed. The two characters have some similarities, so this ought to work well.

Did you know Robert Downey Jnr. is in the new Hulk film as Iron Man, too?

I doubt the new Hulk film will be as crappy as the last outing, Norton wouldn't attach his name to anything that bad. Same with Tim Roth and William Hurt who are also in it. I'm not that excited about Iron Man, but I think it's gonna be better than some of the other superhero films like Elektra, Daredevil, etc.

Did you know Robert Downey Jnr. is in the new Hulk film as Iron Man, too?

Did YOU know Ed Norton, being a fan of the Hulk comics, co-wrote the screenplay? (Y)

Robert Downey Jr, a recovering alcoholic millionnaire playboy is the perfect casting for Tony Stark, a recovering alcoholic millionnaire playboy. From the trailer alone you can tell he's got Stark just about spot on, and if Iron Man isn't a fantastic superhero film, I'll cry real tears.

I don't really care about Hulk, but Edward Norton is a great actor, so he should be good as Banner.

On IMDB Samuel L. Jackson was on the Iron Man credits with rumoured in brackets but now he isn't even on there at all.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/07/23/confi...ar-in-iron-man/

Following along the lines of secret “Iron Man” actors, the man behind the “Spider-Man” and “X-Men” films dodged a question about Samuel L. Jackson’s foreshadowing scenes as Nick Fury, saying “I can’t talk about that.”

Clearly a bit frustrated, Arad then amended himself. “The Sam thing was supposed to be the biggest secret of them all,” he shrugged. “It’s amazing how it got out.”

I've only seen Fury in Ultimate Alliance, so I figured something was going on here. :shifty:

One of his alternate skins when you unlock him is Ultimate Nick Fury. (Y)

Robert Downey Jr. is absolutely perfect for Tony Stark. He is one of the most underrated actors of his generation, IMO.

As for Norton as Banner, I was kind of confused when I found out. But, it IS Edward Norton so it should be good. Sure as hell cannot be as bad as Eric Bana.

I can't remember where I read it... possibly Newsarama or Aintitcool... But I heard that The Hulk, Nick Fury and Iron Man show up in both movies. Like possibly the same ending from different viewpoints. The big rumor was that with Captain America and Thor movies being planned for 2009-2010, that they would eventually create an Avengers movie.

One can dream.

Anyway back to the original question I really love Downey Jr. as Iron Man. He just looks the part ya know? And having a recovering drug addict play an alcoholic is... well not really related but pretty damn cool... That didn't really make any sense... Never mind. To sum it all up... I like the Iron Man casting.