NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Colts cut Rob Morris and Booger McFarland.

Buffalo cuts Anthony Thomas and Jemetrius Butler

Tampa Bay cut Greg Spires and Kevin Carter (WHAT! Carter played very well last year. This must mean they are going after a big name DE in free agency. ) Both of them were DEs.

Vikings cut Kelly Holcomb

Mushin Muhammed signs with Panthers

Mike Anderson is cut by Baltimore.

The past wouldn't matter more than dollar signs but you're right, the Cowboys don't have a ton of room to make moves so I doubt it's going to happen.
Edited by Snow White and the 7Ups

It leaves Quinn not taking a beating on the sideline, learning the system, and not costing much money (his contract is mostly incentives, so he isn't costing them nearly as much money as everyone thinks). If Anderson plays well the next couple years, it gives Quinn plenty of time to learn the system and without taking the big hits, it is extending his playing time in years, at least in my opinion.

Kearse wasn't getting much anyway apparently.

SI.com have their latest mock draft up. I wish they wouldn't speculate on trades and just do a mock based on the positions each team currently has. They have Dallas trading both first round picks to the Patriots so they can take McFadden. While I realise it's a possibility, I think it's much more realistic that the Cowboys will keep their two first rounders and address two of RB, WR, CB & OT.

This just in. Dallas has resigned Adams.

Best news I've heard all day.

Has there been any word on Hamlin yet?

We tagged Hamlin a few days ago.

ESPN.com:

Also Thursday, the Cowboys moved to keep three of their restricted free agents, putting tenders on Pro Bowl running back Marion Barber ($2.56 million, the highest), defensive end Chris Canty ($2.017 million) and guard Joe Berger ($927,000).

Running back Tyson Thompson, who lost his job as a kick returner late in the season, was not tendered, freeing him to sign wherever he wants.

Good moves by Dallas. Keeping our offensive line together by keeping Flozell is a big plus especially with our offensive line coach from last season now gone. I hope we sign Barber at some point to a multi-year contract but the tender offer will do for now I guess. I'm also glad we've tendered Canty, he looked really good last season and I can't wait to see him progress even further.

Edited by dwsnuk

Chargers apparently released Lorenzo Neal yesterday? Why?

And some early moves in the free agency period:

Reports say that the Packers are trading Corey Williams to the Browns for a second round pick.

Dolphins sign former 49ers G Justin Smiley.

Patriots re-sign WR Kelley Washington.

Redskins re-sign QB Todd Collins.

49ers sign Lions QB J.T. O'Sullivan, Vikes LB Dontarrious Thomas, Steelers KR/CB Allen Rossum and DeShaun Foster and plan to have Bengals DE Justin Smith in for a visit today.

Raiders are talking to 49ers T Kwame Harris.

Asante Samuel to visit with the Eagles.

Saints close to finishing a trade with Jets for Jonathan Vilma?

Panthers DT Kris Jenkins to Jets for 3rd & 5th round picks?

What are the odds the 49ers' free agency moves have no effect and they fall well short of expectations again? >_>