NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Yes, TO. Of course he wasn't his typical self last year. They were 13-3. They won. This year is a different story. They've hit some issues and already he's lashed out at Romo and Phillips both. He's opened his mouth about not getting the ball enough and what does Jerry do ? He makes him the focus of a game (including a couple of running plays) and they stink up the joint. It's called track record. TO has NEVER been a team player and NEVER kept his mouth shut in his career. You're talking about a guy that was talking down to and disrespecting Jerry Rice before he himself had done shit in the league. He goes to Philly and has the spectacular year with them and takes them to the Super Bowl. Then McNabb gets a little injury and they're not rolling people. TO goes off and does his bullshit. Now look at Dallas. Same thing except he hasn't gone to a full blown explosion. He has already reared his head and shown the signs of the TO that was in SF and Philly. So yeah, TO. Hell, I didn't even mention his bullshit at practice and the whole suicide attempt crap when he first got there. YES, TO. I also left out TO's propencity to drop balls in big games/situations. So YES, TO.

Pacman. Too early to judge ? There is absolutely no way you can honestly believe that. The man was just came off a year long suspension from the league for off field conduct (a fight/shooting). It wasn't even his first involvement with the police (he was arrested in 2005). While on suspension he violated his agreement with the Titans by taking a physcial role with TNA. Now he's been suspended for a minimum of four games due to once again being a fucktard off the field. Not only did he get into yet another fight (with his own bodyguard mind you) but he violated the no alcohol portion of his agreement with the NFL. Too early my ass. Jerry Jones needed to shore up his secondary yes, but with a man that has PROVEN to be not worth the trouble, and above average at best at CB ? Yeah, that's fucking retarded.

Yes, TO was happy because we won, he was also a massive party of why we won. Should we not give Jerry Jones credit for that? And where do you get that Jerry Jones made him the focus of a game, surely that's down to the coaching staff? And when you've got a fantastic WR like him why wouldn't you make him the focus of the game? It just didn't work out as well as hoped. He's not particularly lashed out, just been vocal about what he thinks is wrong with the team and it's a fair point. He's not damaging the team.

And yes, Pacman too early to judge. He's been probably our best DB of the season so far and if he does come back this season or next and can stay in line, like he has been except for that one incident he could turn into a very good CB for us and a great kick returner.

You're judging the Roy Williams trade as a negative ALREADY? Jesus, you don't give anything a chance. He hasn't even played a game with a healthy offense yet. He may well form the best WR duo in the league with TO and looks to be our main guy for several years to come after Owens retires. And no, Jerry did NOT throw away the 2009 draft because we still have 8 picks left which will likely be packaged together to get higher picks. I love what Jerry's done recently in regards to the draft.

Roy Williams might end up being wonderful, and that's fine. I actually like Roy Williams. I also know that he's had the chronic injury bug since being in the NFL (stemming to his last year at Texas). He MIGHT form one of the best WR combos ever IF TO can learn to play without being the focus of the QB (which he has yet to do). It would make more sense if WR was a problem position for the 'Boys but it isn't. There was no need for the trade. WR is one of the few positions that there was quality depth already in place. Giving away your 1st round pick (along with two others) for a chronically injured WR that could end up causing problems with the superstar WR you already have ? Not the best of choices. Ok, Jones may not have wrecked the draft for next year, but already you don't have a first rounder. Good job genius ! Jones needs players, and good ones. Trading away first round picks isn't the way to build a team. As it stands as I write this, the 'Boys first pick next year would be at #57. Yeah, that's fucking stupid.

WR not a problem position? Alright, let's just carry on with every team in the league doubling Owens and throw to butter fingers Patrick Crayton and Miles Austin who's perhaps a slightly better Devery Henderson. Add to that the fact TO's only got a few years left and we've got nothing for the future. Trading for Williams improves the offense significantly now and gives us a good base for the future. It's basically acquiring a proven NFL WR rather than drafting one that may or may not work out in the draft and could well take a few years to develop. And if you think Jerry Jones isn't going to try and package a few picks together to move into the first round, think again. You say we need good players, well everyone needs good players but at 100% the Cowboys have arguably the best talent in the league. We're not desperate for a first round pick to come in and make an immediate impact like the Dolphins or Falcons.

And what do you love about the drafts that Jones has done ? Yes, last year was really good. 06-07 MIGHT end up producing one quality player each.

That's what I meant by 'recently', the last two or three years.

And yes, he did hire Johnson, I even mentioned that already. I also mentioned that it was Johnson that built those teams. Switzer was lucky as shit as I already mentioned, because he inherited Johnson's team and not Jerry's. Then we watched as Jones once again was in charge of the personnel decisions. And we watched as the Cowboys slid right back out of dominance and into a shit hole. Gailey and Campo followed, as did three straight 5-11 seasons. Yeah, great fucking job Jerry !

I didn't say Jerry Jones built those teams, but he brought Johnson in to do it. While he's not directly responsible for the titles he should get some credit for that. It got us three Super Bowls and since Jones has been in charge no other team has won more than that. You can't just ignore those. There's no doubting that there was a period of poor years but every team goes through those. I don't see you ranting about Dan Snyder for example, though.

Exactly, you didn't make the playoffs every year and when you did you lost. Since the Johnson built teams you've been in the playoffs 5 of 11 years and lost all five playoff games. That is stellar

And two of those playoff losses were with Parcells in charge and the 'Parcells built team' you're going on about. Obviously it wasn't changing anything.

What I find hilarious is that I am able to NOT be the homer for the Cowboys despite having lived in Texas my entire life. Yes, living in Texas has OBVIOUSLY made a difference in terms of actual knowledge of the situation involving the team. There's more coverage of it, it's a part of pretty much every day, and there's more people 'in the know' in the home state as opposed to ..... where do you live again ? It would be like me trying to have a debate with someone here in Washington DC about the Redskins when all I know is what's in the media and on Sportscenter. No way I could do it. I mean, you think Parcells left because of money for crying out loud ...

I knew you'd say something like that in regards to living in the area. And for local things I'd agree that someone living in the area would know more about a subject but when the subject is one of the most popular sports teams in the world and there's media coverage everywhere, that argument doesn't make much sense. As for Parcells I didn't say it was all money, I said it was part of it. Not to mention the rumours that he wanted to leave to be the Giants GM.

And you throw the homer word around too easily. Just because I don't agree with you on a subject concening my favourite team doesn't mean I'm a homer. If I was celebrating 'King Jerry' and saying he was perfect and we're awesome and everything then you'd have a point.

Anyway I can't be bothered to argue with you anymore, we're obviously not going to get anywhere with it so let's just let it go.

-

As for last night's game, the Steelers looked pretty good against the 'Skins. They'd be my favourite for the AFC if they didn't have that tremendously difficult schedule. Good to see Leftwich do so well, hopefully they put him in when Roethlisberger needs a rest later in the season, save Big Ben for the playoffs.

Hail would you really have perferred the Cowboys draft a WR in the first round this year? Looking at how many WRs have been complete busts in the past few years, I sure wouldn't. With Roy Williams we paid for what we got. Say the Cowboys ended up with the 20th overall pick. Williams was drafted 7th overall. A move up from 20th to 7th would cost about what we paid, especially since that 7th overall pick has been to a pro bowl. We didn't pay too much, we didn't screw the draft. Its Jerry Jones, if there's a player he wants in the latter half of the first round, he'll get him.

It was a good move, it'll pay off in the long run and its alot safer than wasting a pick on a WR who'll potentially do nothing.

Down to the coaching staff ? On a normal team yes, but Jones tinkers and is in his coach's ear all the time.

And yes, Pacman too early to judge. He's been probably our best DB of the season so far and if he does come back this season or next and can stay in line, like he has been except for that one incident he could turn into a very good CB for us and a great kick returner.

This, this statement right here is why I use the word Homer so much with you. I mean, wow. You are completely ignoring his inability to stay out of trouble. Hell, two of the four games he played for you he didn't even show up in (Was/Cle). You're saying "if" he can stay in line. HE'S PROVEN HE CAN'T ... holy shit. This the perfect example of what I'm talking about with Jones, and with you being a Homer. Except for that one incident ? You mean the one that cost the Cowboys four games at minimum, and proves once again that he can't be relied on to stay in line. Freaking amazing.

WR not a problem position? Alright, let's just carry on with every team in the league doubling Owens and throw to butter fingers Patrick Crayton and Miles Austin who's perhaps a slightly better Devery Henderson. Add to that the fact TO's only got a few years left and we've got nothing for the future. Trading for Williams improves the offense significantly now and gives us a good base for the future. It's basically acquiring a proven NFL WR rather than drafting one that may or may not work out in the draft and could well take a few years to develop. And if you think Jerry Jones isn't going to try and package a few picks together to move into the first round, think again. You say we need good players, well everyone needs good players but at 100% the Cowboys have arguably the best talent in the league. We're not desperate for a first round pick to come in and make an immediate impact like the Dolphins or Falcons.

Um no, WR wasn't really a problem. You had TO and Crayton. You also have Witten and Bennett who are actually the 2nd and 3rd targets in the offense. You don't need an amazing WR after your first target, you need decent ones if you're the Cowboys. Considering you'd started a project in Stanback, have TO, and then have three other guys that are just fine in catching the ball .... then no, you don't need to make that trade especially if you're giving up the first rounder. He's only played a full season once in his career. The 'building' is what Jones hasn't been able to do, and this Williams move is going to severely handicap him again come draft time. He gave up the first rounder so now he's got to either move players or what would have been surplus picks in order to get back into the first round. That's not good business. The way things are going, yeah you kinda do need some picks to quickly contribute like Felix Jones was before the injury. Shit, you need a damned backup QB and a first rounder would be nice in that regard. OVERALL, this trade really didn't make sense for the Cowboys, especially when there's more pressing needs that the draft could have helped.

I don't see you ranting about Dan Snyder for example, though.

Why would I, this is about Jerry Jones.

And two of those playoff losses were with Parcells in charge and the 'Parcells built team' you're going on about. Obviously it wasn't changing anything.

Obviously not, that 13-3 record you keep boasting about was with Parcells' team. And guess what ... had Parcells not decided to go, last year would have been his last on the contract. So, you're seriously thinking that Wade Phillips is THAT much better of a coach than Parcells is then ? I know you're not that ignorant or stupid. Wade Phillips did exactly what Switzer did except he didn't get past the 1st round.

I knew you'd say something like that in regards to living in the area. And for local things I'd agree that someone living in the area would know more about a subject but when the subject is one of the most popular sports teams in the world and there's media coverage everywhere, that argument doesn't make much sense. As for Parcells I didn't say it was all money, I said it was part of it. Not to mention the rumours that he wanted to leave to be the Giants GM.

Actually, yes you did say it was all about the money with Parcells:

Parcells left because he wanted more money and Jerry didn't give it to him ...
Going on this logic I guess that what I here on CNN or FoxNews about areas outside of where I live is the absolute truth and there's nothing more to it right ? See, THAT argument doesn't make much sense. I highly doubt you get anything more than headlines on Sportscenter (or whatever show like that you might watch) or on a website that just regurges what's on ESPN/FOX/insert big name here. You weren't at the training camps where TO showed up in the Lance Armstrong Jersey because he was going to ride the exercise bike all day and not practice. You also didn't see Jerry Jones laugh it off and allow the sideshow to continue. You haven't heard about the countless incidents around Dallas involving Cowboys players and Jones doing nothing about it, and often times completely ignoring it. (that's just one example). No, national media coverage is NOTHING like local media coverage.

And you throw the homer word around too easily. Just because I don't agree with you on a subject concening my favourite team doesn't mean I'm a homer. If I was celebrating 'King Jerry' and saying he was perfect and we're awesome and everything then you'd have a point.

No, you're a Homer because you absolutely to refuse to acknowledge (let alone admit) the the things that have negatively impacted the Cowboys as a direct consequence of what Jones has done. I mean hell, just look at the situation with Pacman. Yeah I get wanting to look positively at something but holy crap. SIX GAMES into the season he turns around and is his true self. That doesn't even phase you and you just go to ... well when he comes back. THAT is HOMER. You're either oblivious too, or completely ignore everything that is negative in regards to the Cowboys. You flat out ignore Jones' history of signing trouble makers and less than reputible at best characters. That is a homer.

Maxx - I'm merely talking about the trade for Williams in terms of the fact that they gave up three picks for him, including a first. Look at it this way. Sure, you're taking one of the better WR's in the game but he's also got the injury history. You're giving up a first, third, and sixth for him. Basically, you're drafting Williams from the Lions. Fine, you go the "proven" route instead of the draft. That's just a difference of opinion on which "guess" is better. What I don't get about it, is that if WR is something that Jones was honestly worried about, why not address it in the draft ? You then only use one of those three picks (or could have taken a WR last year). Say it's the first rounder. You still have that quality third round pick to address your overall team depth which has been an issue for the 'Boys lately.

No you bring into play having to 'move up' to get someone, or another trade. That kind of defeats the purpose of the Williams trade then. Instead of sacrificing three picks (and possibly more now) for a WR, I'd rather trade the one pick for a player in the draft FIRST ... and then go the trade route if the situation really does become dire. I don't think it was at this point.

This, this statement right here is why I use the word Homer so much with you. I mean, wow. You are completely ignoring his inability to stay out of trouble. Hell, two of the four games he played for you he didn't even show up in (Was/Cle). You're saying "if" he can stay in line. HE'S PROVEN HE CAN'T ... holy shit. This the perfect example of what I'm talking about with Jones, and with you being a Homer. Except for that one incident ? You mean the one that cost the Cowboys four games at minimum, and proves once again that he can't be relied on to stay in line. Freaking amazing.

I think this is just because you see the short term damage, I'm looking ahead. I honestly believe Adam Jones can stay out of trouble like Tank Johnson and be a good player for us for a number of years to come. Obviously you consider it homerism, but I would have that view even if I didn't support Dallas. Maybe I'm gullible, too trusting or whatever but it's not because I'm a Cowboys fan.

Um no, WR wasn't really a problem. You had TO and Crayton. You also have Witten and Bennett who are actually the 2nd and 3rd targets in the offense. You don't need an amazing WR after your first target, you need decent ones if you're the Cowboys. Considering you'd started a project in Stanback, have TO, and then have three other guys that are just fine in catching the ball .... then no, you don't need to make that trade especially if you're giving up the first rounder. He's only played a full season once in his career. The 'building' is what Jones hasn't been able to do, and this Williams move is going to severely handicap him again come draft time. He gave up the first rounder so now he's got to either move players or what would have been surplus picks in order to get back into the first round. That's not good business. The way things are going, yeah you kinda do need some picks to quickly contribute like Felix Jones was before the injury. Shit, you need a damned backup QB and a first rounder would be nice in that regard. OVERALL, this trade really didn't make sense for the Cowboys, especially when there's more pressing needs that the draft could have helped.

Martellus Bennett is not the 3rd target on the offense. Barber, Crayton and probably even Miles Austin and Felix Jones would be ahead of him with Romo at quarterback.

Three other guys fine in catching the ball? Please, Crayton can only catch with velcro on his gloves, Miles Austin's a slightly better Devery Henderson (nothing more than a deep threat), Sam Hurd's been relegated below Austin and Stanback is utterly useless. Yes, they're young WRs and perhaps they'll turn out to be good players but you have to find the line between winning now and building for the future. And oh my, was that negative things to say about the Dallas Cowboys? But I'm an utterly biased homer!

You said yourself Stanback is a project, well so are Hurd and Austin really. So what's the point of drafting ANOTHER project in the first round next season (which almost certainly would have been spent on a WR anyway) in the hope they may turn out to be good receivers when we can get a proven NFL WR right now?

Obviously not, that 13-3 record you keep boasting about was with Parcells' team. And guess what ... had Parcells not decided to go, last year would have been his last on the contract. So, you're seriously thinking that Wade Phillips is THAT much better of a coach than Parcells is then ? I know you're not that ignorant or stupid. Wade Phillips did exactly what Switzer did except he didn't get past the 1st round.

Major parts of the team are from Parcells, yes, but he also gave us Marcus Spears and Bobby Carpenter for crying out loud. I don't consider Phillips a better coach than Parcells but I credit Phillips for taking the defense Parcells put together and making it better and I credit Jerry Jones for bringing in Jason Garrett who had a major role in the team's success last season.

Actually, yes you did say it was all about the money with Parcells:
Parcells left because he wanted more money and Jerry didn't give it to him ...

Maybe I implied that but if I did it was just bad wording. I didn't say 'it was all about the money'.

No, you're a Homer because you absolutely to refuse to acknowledge (let alone admit) the the things that have negatively impacted the Cowboys as a direct consequence of what Jones has done. I mean hell, just look at the situation with Pacman. Yeah I get wanting to look positively at something but holy crap. SIX GAMES into the season he turns around and is his true self. That doesn't even phase you and you just go to ... well when he comes back. THAT is HOMER. You're either oblivious too, or completely ignore everything that is negative in regards to the Cowboys. You flat out ignore Jones' history of signing trouble makers and less than reputible at best characters. That is a homer.

Simply put, you're calling me a homer because I don't agree with you on a matter involving the team I support. I don't know where you're getting me absolutely refusing to acknowledge mistakes made by Jerry Jones because I've already said he's not perfect. I have not once said that everything he's done has been a positive for the Dallas Cowboys. I have mentioned things that I think are positives, which you are obviously taking as being a homer but I'm simply offering up the other side of the argument. I realise he's made mistakes, that's why I haven't been arguing your points about Dave Campo, Ryan Leaf and Quincy Carter for instance.

Completely oblivious to or completely ignoring everything negative about the Cowboys? Well that's simply not true if you read my posts. I know your claims that I'm a homer are a false but backing it up with ABSOLUTE LIES has just got to be embarrassing for you.

And again more lies to finish off your post, nice. I have not 'flat out ignored' Jones' history of signing trouble makers. I know he has that history, I've already mentioned Owens, Johnson and Pacman but I've said that he's reduced the amount of trouble they've been in, which is not only fair but factual. That is acknowledging they were trouble makers but realising they've made much less trouble since being in Dallas.

I think this is just because you see the short term damage, I'm looking ahead. I honestly believe Adam Jones can stay out of trouble like Tank Johnson and be a good player for us for a number of years to come. Obviously you consider it homerism, but I would have that view even if I didn't support Dallas. Maybe I'm gullible, too trusting or whatever but it's not because I'm a Cowboys fan.

I can see that. The only reason I don't think it's short term though, is because this isn't his first incident. He's done it time and time again.

Martellus Bennett is not the 3rd target on the offense. Barber, Crayton and probably even Miles Austin and Felix Jones would be ahead of him with Romo at quarterback.

Ok, bad wording on my part. I meant that the TE (either Witten or Bennett) is the 2nd/3rd receiver in the offense. That, is true.

Three other guys fine in catching the ball? Please, Crayton can only catch with velcro on his gloves, Miles Austin's a slightly better Devery Henderson (nothing more than a deep threat), Sam Hurd's been relegated below Austin and Stanback is utterly useless. Yes, they're young WRs and perhaps they'll turn out to be good players[b/] but you have to find the line between winning now and building for the future. And oh my, was that negative things to say about the Dallas Cowboys? But I'm an utterly biased homer!

And the Williams trade allows this to happen ? which leads into ...

You said yourself Stanback is a project, well so are Hurd and Austin really. So what's the point of drafting ANOTHER project in the first round next season (which almost certainly would have been spent on a WR anyway) in the hope they may turn out to be good receivers when we can get a proven NFL WR right now?

Exactly, the 'Boys had already committed to grooming/building their WR corps. Why go get a proven WR now when you already did that with TO ? They addressed the immediate need with Owens and now have Stanback/Hurd/Austin to develop. With Crayton/Witten as 2nd/3rd options there was no hole to fill. You've already got the players to develop into the next WR in Dallas, why derail that process in a way that saps your draft picks that you need for depth you don't have at other positions ?

Major parts of the team are from Parcells, yes, but he also gave us Marcus Spears and Bobby Carpenter for crying out loud. I don't consider Phillips a better coach than Parcells but I credit Phillips for taking the defense Parcells put together and making it better and I credit Jerry Jones for bringing in Jason Garrett who had a major role in the team's success last season.

Garrett absolutely had a huge role in that success. I agree 100%, and in fact, would love to see Garrett have even more say in the team. Parcells' bad choices are outnumbered by his good ones 3-1.

I think you guys have beaten this long-dead horse beyond all rationality now, and are proceeding to chop the head off and fuck the neck. You're now starting to go back and forth on things that you DO agree on, which is a sign you're just arguing to argue now. Neither one of you is giving an inch, and even if someone does, it's just to end the argument. Which I am proceeding to do now.

Another post about Jerry Jones, and someone's not posting again until after the Denver-Cleveland game.

Clear?

Exactly, the 'Boys had already committed to grooming/building their WR corps. Why go get a proven WR now when you already did that with TO ? They addressed the immediate need with Owens and now have Stanback/Hurd/Austin to develop. With Crayton/Witten as 2nd/3rd options there was no hole to fill. You've already got the players to develop into the next WR in Dallas, why derail that process in a way that saps your draft picks that you need for depth you don't have at other positions ?

The difference is, though, that Roy Williams is only 26 years old. That's like making a 1st round draft pick that provides immediate results. Me, I don't think Patrick Crayton is a good enough player to be a second WR so I do think there was a hole to fill. Roy Williams provides a better chance to win now and should easily step into the no. 1 role when Owens retires which I have major doubts any of the other four receivers could do.

Anyway that's me done on that, I'm sure there was an almost identical discussion about the Roy Williams trade at the time it happened.

Roy Williams was acquired to ensure the Cowboys never have to groom a reciever after TO leaves, and you get at least 2 years of a TO/Roy Williams combination. It's what Jones attempted to do with Joey Galloway, but thankfully he didn't give up two first rounders. Williams is a proven player and is now locked up to 2013 to make sure Romo is never without a big play WR. Thats why I was okay with it, we went out and got TO's replacement before TO has even left.

Just because it can be done, doesn't mean that it is. Ignorance is bliss man, wake up. Just because I can read a paper from London online doesn't mean I know what the hell is going on there. It's an outline without all the facts.

Maxx - doing that though takes an absolute shit on three players you've got in house right now. You've then also created the same exact situation you had before trading for Williams. Williams on the opposite side of TO certainly isn't going to develop anybody else. So then what happens when TO is done ? You've got Williams and ......................... the need to draft a WR ? hhmmmm

Then you've got a Williams a WR in his prime and the need to draft a WR, instead of what you'd have had if we waited to aquire a new WR, a past his prime WR in TO and a much more dire need to draft a WR.

Its to ensure Romo always has at least one stud WR to throw to. They'll always need to develop new WRs, but at least for the next 5 years they won't ever be without at least one big play WR.

I know the odds of drafting someone becoming a bust is always very high, I've just never been a big fan of trading away almost a whole draft for one player. Dallas built their Super Bowl teams with the six draft picks they received from trading Herschel Walker to Minnesota back in '89. I know Dallas sent (only) three picks to Detroit, but it's hard to tell what they could have gotten with those picks. Not that I think Williams career will come to a complete hault like Walker's did, but still. Food for thought.

There's still blogs, there's still radio, you're still a cock.

You know, I gave you credit for being able to discuss shit rationally without calling people names.

Apparently, I gave you more than you deserve.

Enjoy 48 hours off.

And King, as a MSN friend, I do have to tell you that you have been coming off as very self-righteous and pompous these last couple of pages. And some would say the last couple of years. Tone it down somewhat, and for fuck's sake, stop insulting people simply because they don't agree with you. Most of the time, you've got facts to back your arguments up, so use those rather than trying to shit on people's heads.

That goes for everyone who's a regular in this thread. We can discuss and argue without getting shitty about it. This is one of my favorite threads, about one of my favorite subjects, and I'm all about seeing the free exchange of opinions. I'm not about seeing people calling each other obscene names. So knock it off, all of you.

================================================================================

On an unrelated note...the Loins? Appropriate typo, considering everyone's been feasting on the Lions all year. :D

Then you've got a Williams a WR in his prime and the need to draft a WR, instead of what you'd have had if we waited to aquire a new WR, a past his prime WR in TO and a much more dire need to draft a WR.

Its to ensure Romo always has at least one stud WR to throw to. They'll always need to develop new WRs, but at least for the next 5 years they won't ever be without at least one big play WR.

Ok, so how we'd approach the issue is different. Fair enough. So I shift the question this way then:

To me going the route of Williams just rolls over the same issue 4/5 years. So why do that instead of addressing the actual issue of depth at WR now ? I can't justify sacrificing those draft picks just to create the same exact issue in a few years, that I have now.

Best fantasy QB this week: Rosenfels (vs. Baltimore), Ryan (vs. Saints) or Pennington (vs. Seahawks)? Yes, these are my best options :(

To me going the route of Williams just rolls over the same issue 4/5 years. So why do that instead of addressing the actual issue of depth at WR now ? I can't justify sacrificing those draft picks just to create the same exact issue in a few years, that I have now.

Well unless he's shockingly poor then we would re-sign Williams so it wouldn't be the same issue. If we don't have Williams then it's Patrick Crayton as the no. 1 guy when Owens retires which is horrible to even think about.

Edited by AD