NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Marion Barber won't face the Steelers this week. I think that's killed off any chance we had. This isn't the game to be forced into a one dimensional team against the league's best pass defense.

Final week of my main fantasy league's regular season, and now I have to pray that Tim Hightower gets over his case of Dance Fever and remembers that the shortest way to the end zone is forward. Or that he gets any carries at all between Warner's 40-some heaves. Thank Buddha they're playing the Rams.

Or my other solution is to start DUHSean Jackson and hope that he sees the ball. He's had three or fewer catches three times this year. I've started him three times. Guess which three games I started him in?

And if the Williamses' suspensions had been upheld, I would have gone ahead and picked Detroit to get off the schneid this week. But if Pat and Kevin are there, uh-uh. No points for you.

Edited by Nashville Starr

And if the Williamses' suspensions had been upheld, I would have gone ahead and picked Detroit to get off the schneid this week. But if Pat and Kevin are there, uh-uh. No points for you.

To be fair, Detroit is so terrible that even without the Williamses there they'd likely lose anyway. I mean, it's not like they can run the ball well in the first place....or pass well without Kitna....or play defense well at all........yeah.

Detroit for 0-16.

Apparently, Reggie Bush ran for a 43 yard long run. WHAAAAAAAAA!? Am I in bizarro world where Bush makes the same impact in New Orleans that he made in USC?

Nope, but maybe Bush won't have an embarrassing rushing average in this game versus the Falcons at least.

The Eagles have been absolutely dominating the Giants all day, and yet, I sadly doubt they're going to end up winning. McNabb has been pretty good all day, especially since he's without his top 2 wide receivers, again; Westbrook has been a work horse today and is playing great. The offensive line, however, is doing excellent. No sacks given up, and blocking well. The defense, again, excellent. They've shut Manning down, and are doign enough to stop the run. And of course, the beloved special teams. Akers can hit a 51 yard field goal, but can't hit two easy field goals.

...Oh shit, and just like that, 17-7! McNabb pulls a play out of his ass, and Westbrook burns his man. Whew.

I'm only somewhat worried about not having Barber today, I figured they'd be passing a whole lot today anyways. Colts beat them through the air, I still like the Cowboys chances to do the same

Fuck Antonio Pierce and Domenik Hixon. That is all.

I'll second the fuck you for Hixon. 80-something-yard TD, was it, that he dropped? He's my big "outta nowhere" pick for the end of this season, and he needs to actually, you know, come outta nowhere now that he doesn't have to worry about Plax in his way.

Hey Chase, any word on if the Steelers are just going to hold open tryouts for offensive linemen? Ben's just been getting pummeled today. And as I say that, a huge pass to Santonio Holmes.

Also, I love how still being in a close divisional race has led me to cheering for the Cowboys lol. Oh NFL, you do crazy things.

Well Romo relies on Witten way too much. He was banged up coming into the game, had to sit out twice and yet for some reason Romo's still only wants to throw to him in pressure situations.

It's either Witten or force it to Owens. There were plenty of incompletions today that he could have avoided if he'd checked it down to Choice or Anderson.

Gutted to lose after coming out of the break strong and going up by 10, but the bright side of it is we came close to winning a game I'm sure many had pegged as a loss and we've moved ahead of the Falcons and everybody else in the wildcard race thanks to conference record.

If the Skins win tonight we'll be tied with them. If we don't win next week, playoffs seem impossible.

Edited by Maxx

We have a better division percentage so we're ahead of them at the moment, but yeah we'll need to beat the Giants and quite possibly the Eagles too. If the 'Skins and Falcons are our closest opponents for the wildcard, though, I like our chances of staying ahead of them on tiebreakers at the least.

Yes, most they should most absolutely do that.

I've managed to talk myself back into the Cowboys chances in the playoffs, assuming we get there. If we're a wild card, we'll get either the Cardinals or whoever wins the NFC North, both of which seem like winnable games for the Cowboys.

All I want is a playoff victory this year, Super Bowl seems an absurd thing to hope for.