NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

If the Pats win and Miami wins, Miami wins the division and NE makes the playoffs unless Baltimore wins.

If the Pats win and the Jets win, NE wins the division and I think Baltimore makes the playoffs win or lose.

If the Pats lose and Miami wins, Miami wins the division and Baltimore does make the playoffs win or lose.

If the Pats lose and the Jets win, NYJ wins the division and Baltimore should get the last spot.

I'm not going to assume any ties because I'd hope the teams in question know the rules unlike McNabb and Reid.

Ben's not a game manager. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Ben's a gunslinger. He'll make boneheaded plays that will piss you off, and he'll make boneheaded plays that work and make you cheer. The same thing that pisses Steelers fans off about Ben is the same thing we love about him. With any other QB on this team we'd go nowhere. If others can't see it, oh well. But that's how it is.

Also known as Tony Romo Syndrome :shifty:

Except Big Ben has won a playoff game and generally keeps a cooler head in pressure situations.

Edited by AD

Stupid Jets. Could have knocked the Pats out of the playoffs, but you lose to Seneca Wallace? Now I like Seneca, but he shouldn't be beating a 9-5 team. I think the Mangenius' days are numbered as he's blown way too many games.

I believe Dallas is now win and their in? Or is it win and a TB loss?

Edited by Merry Christmaxx

1. Blind officials eh? I won't go there. It's been covered many many times. There was one bad call against the Seahawks and it was inconsequential.

2. Ben holds the ball too long, yes I get it. But I don't know how many times he sort of doesn't have a choice. If he can't scramble and has no open receivers he really doesn't have a choice.

1. If I remember rightly, was that not the Superbowl where Rongrastname made the goalline dive that was like a yard short and still got the TD? I remember the officiating being shocking in that game. I won't go as far as to say the Steelers were gifted the title, but there was definitely more than one bad call, and there were definitely consequences.

2. Throw the fucking ball away.

At least Chicago's hopes stay alive with the Vikings loss. Victories over Green Bay and Houston seem achievable, not entirely sure of the Vikes chances against the Giants. If their fans were anything like they were tonight, then their home field advantage may as well not exist.

Edited by Dragsy

Stupid Jets. Could have knocked the Pats out of the playoffs, but you lose to Seneca Wallace? Now I like Seneca, but he shouldn't be beating a 9-5 team. I think the Mangenius' days are numbered as he's blown way too many games.

I believe Dallas is now win and their in? Or is it win and a TB loss?

Win and in. But Tony will come up small in Philly.

Lions will likely go winless, I don't see the Packers losing that game. They've underperformed this season, but at least they can say they stopped the Lions from winning a single game. If it wasn't a division opponent they might have a chance, but since it is, I can't see them winning.

Add to the fact that the Lions haven't won in Green Bay since 1991, and yeah the deck is most certainly stacked.

I can't wait to see Rod Marinelli booted out the door, that guy is a fucking abysmal coach and judge of talent.

Giving up on your team, 7-3 down with the ball and 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter? :/

They can't stop the run OR the pass for the third straight game. When Smith was running with a 10 yard cushion and Williams can run straight up the gut untouched that was all I needed to know.

Fuck, every time I come in this thread I see Evil Chase K fapping over the Steelers whenever anybody says something bad about them. I don't even come in here much, but it's annoying as shit.

Just let some shit go bud, it's an internet forum. <_<

People can say bad things about the Steelers, if I disagree I'll express my opinion. A lot of the time things people say about the Steelers are exactly right.

Ben's not a game manager. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Ben's a gunslinger. He'll make boneheaded plays that will piss you off, and he'll make boneheaded plays that work and make you cheer. The same thing that pisses Steelers fans off about Ben is the same thing we love about him. With any other QB on this team we'd go nowhere. If others can't see it, oh well. But that's how it is.

Also known as Tony Romo Syndrome :shifty:

Except Big Ben has won a playoff game and generally keeps a cooler head in pressure situations.

I see Ben as more of a John Elway type and Romo as more of a Brett Favre type. But that's just me.

1. Blind officials eh? I won't go there. It's been covered many many times. There was one bad call against the Seahawks and it was inconsequential.

2. Ben holds the ball too long, yes I get it. But I don't know how many times he sort of doesn't have a choice. If he can't scramble and has no open receivers he really doesn't have a choice.

1. If I remember rightly, was that not the Superbowl where Rongrastname made the goalline dive that was like a yard short and still got the TD? I remember the officiating being shocking in that game. I won't go as far as to say the Steelers were gifted the title, but there was definitely more than one bad call, and there were definitely consequences.

2. Throw the fucking ball away.

1. There's a pic online that proves the tip of the ball touched the line. Every other "controversial" call was dead-on except the terrible clipping penalty called on Matt Hasselbeck. I still don't know how or why they called that one.

2. If he's in the pocket he'd have to risk a penalty, or as has been the case a lot this year, he's in the grasp before he even has a chance to set his feet and throw it out of bounds.

Got to see the Patriots/Cardinals game on TV, was fun to watch Arizona get completely killed. Seemed like they had no idea how to handle the snow. Seriously, does anyone think Arizona will do anything in the playoff's?

Frustrating when teams that deserve to be in can't get in but teams that have no business in the playoff's can clinch in week 13 or whatever.

Edited by Snow White and the 7Ups

Ugh. And this is what the Eagles do to me every year. They draw you in thinking 'hey maybe the can do something here' then they come out and lose 10-3. 3 FREAKING POINTS?! You guys are fighting for a playoff spot and you score 3 points? Abandoning the run was the right idea. That 46/16 Pass/Rush ratio really fooled the Redskins. Even still they again had a chance to win but Reggie Brown runs a terrible route and did what the Receivers seemed to do all game GET IN FRONT OF THE D. Maybe now he understands why he's been inactive the past few weeks.

And I'm going to declare DeSean Jackson's new nickname to be Drops. Probably 2 of the best passes Donovan threw all game and Jackson drops both. The one in the Endzone was especially killer as, well it shoulda been a TD. Now we have to hope that Oakland can beat Tampa and that we beat Dallas and we get in. I don't really have faith in the Raiders to win back-to-back games, and honestly if we don't score more than 3 points next week we won't win. Though I think it could be a low-scoring game. Feels like a 17-14 kinda game.