NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Nothing would make me happier than Philly and Pittsburgh losing, so expect both to win by multiple TDs. The football gods have forsaken me in recent weeks and have allowed 3 of my 4 least favorite teams (Baltimore being the 3rd of the group) to make it this far. The ONLY way this final four would have been worse for me would have been if Dallas was in instead of 'Zona.

I'd like to see the Pennsylvania bowl, I've always liked the Eagles, and if they choke in the big game, then maybe McNabb will be easier to entice to Chicago >_>

I like Pittsburgh too, I don't know why they get so much shit, they're not as bad as the Patriots. And Rongrastname is a quality quarterback (admittedly, not seen a great deal of quality QB play being a Bears fan, but still). Also, my uncle gave us a betting slip with a Steelers/Liverpool/Andy Murray (Wimbledon) accumulator thingy on it, so I need the Steelers to beat the criminals.

I'd like to see the Pennsylvania bowl, I've always liked the Eagles, and if they choke in the big game, then maybe McNabb will be easier to entice to Chicago >_>

I like Pittsburgh too, I don't know why they get so much shit, they're not as bad as the Patriots. And Rongrastname is a quality quarterback (admittedly, not seen a great deal of quality QB play being a Bears fan, but still). Also, my uncle gave us a betting slip with a Steelers/Liverpool/Andy Murray (Wimbledon) accumulator thingy on it, so I need the Steelers to beat the criminals.

Having a national fanbase filled with bandwagoners tends to make that happen. It's the same reason most people don't like the Cowboys, Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, the Dukies and now the Pats. The way they won that Super Bowl over Seattle certainly didn't help with the perception that NFL officials are on the up and up either. You can almost guarantee that Pittsburgh will get every close/questionable call today because outside of Baltimore no one wants to see the Ravens in the big game, especially if Arizona wins. Given that pro sports leagues market big name players and teams it's only natural that you wouldn't want Baltimore/Arizona to be involved in your marquee game. Aside from the possibility of seeing Kurt Warner get killed on the field, there isn't much allure to that game.

As a diehard Eagles fan, I am rooting for an All-Pennsylvania Super Bowl. I don't like the Steelers, at all, but I fear them less than I fear the Baltimore Ravens. We've beat Pittsburgh already this season, and I think our defense can stop Willie Parker better than the combined efforts of McGahee and McClain. Plus, our D could wreak havoc on that o-line and Big Ben. We'd force turnovers on Big Ben trying to make a throw, while Flacco doesn't try to force as much.

I think the eagles have a great chance to win today, but it's going to be a damn tough match. Arizona's defense is red hot right now, and well, clearly the offense will be tough to stop. I'm just lookign forward to a great day in football.

Cards/Steelers is my hope. Because I care nothing about THE MOTIVATIONAL HALF or Super Rookie Joe Flacco being more pedestrian at his job than Kyle Orton. Mind you, this means that the Steelers would murder the Birds, but eh, this Super Bowl has no awesome draw to it with any of the possibilities regardless.

Having a national fanbase filled with bandwagoners tends to make that happen. It's the same reason most people don't like the Cowboys, Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, the Dukies and now the Pats. The way they won that Super Bowl over Seattle certainly didn't help with the perception that NFL officials are on the up and up either. You can almost guarantee that Pittsburgh will get every close/questionable call today because outside of Baltimore no one wants to see the Ravens in the big game, especially if Arizona wins. Given that pro sports leagues market big name players and teams it's only natural that you wouldn't want Baltimore/Arizona to be involved in your marquee game. Aside from the possibility of seeing Kurt Warner get killed on the field, there isn't much allure to that game.

While that may be true in other sports and even the NFL on a week to week basis I don't think it applies to the Super Bowl. The game sells itself. People are going to tune in no matter what.

The vast majority of people who "watch" the Super Bowl, don't actually WATCH the Super Bowl. It'll still do a huge rating, but I don't think many people will be all that pleased with the game if it's two small(ish) markets one of which is known for defense and the other is primarily known for being the worst 9-7 playoff team ever :shifty:

Oh I agree. The Super Bowl draws a lot of non-fans.....but that just goes with my point that the NFL doesn't need to "fix" the game if you will to put in a Giants/Steelers match up. They will get their ratings. Now with the Lakers/Celtics/Yanks I'm right with you. I will go to my grave saying that Giambi was safe on the "flip"

Pittsburgh will bring more eyeballs than Baltimore, but right now I think either team has to be concerned if they end up playing Arizona in good weather. Can ANYONE cover Fitzy right now? That guy is on his way to becoming a legendary WR.

Yeah I don't know how they're saying the ball went out of bounds, it looks like it never did. Looks like it grazed his finger, bounced in bounds and then grazed him again before Zona recovered.

Yeah, this is just fucking atrocious. McNabb can't make a decent throw to save his life, and the defense is absolutely horrible. I know the Cardinals offense is good, but the defense is too. They can't stop the run, and the coverage is awful.

Fucking horrible. Eagles are showing why we've had no faith in them all year.