EWB's NCAA Pick'em

JStarr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't enter, because I can't leave my rabid homerism for UCLA aside, but I have to say, their bracket scares me. Its not that its a tough bracket, its actually the opposite. There is NO reason why UCLA shouldn't come out of the West, and that scares the shit out of me.

Yes, I'm turning this into my general NCAA tourney thread. GO BRUINS!

Also, my 'sleeper' is Wazzou. The first #1 to fall will be... Memphis. Their conference will come back to bite them in the ass. While a team like UCLA or UNC has to scrap and claw through a tough conference (well, UCLA at least), they basically coasted through C-USA. Thats not good.

Damn, and here I thought Baylor would actually give Purdue a run. (H) If the Boilers can keep this up, then Xavier's gonna have a serious time with them in Round 2.

Now to pray that the Rally From Hell doesn't occur in these last four minutes.

Haha, after looking at your brackett, a few in the EWB group, and some from my work, I've got to ask: What's the deal with Oral Roberts? Is it because they have the word "oral" in it's name? Especially the people from work seemed to think this mid major was going to beat one of the hottest teams in the country at this time (PITT). Just wondering if I've completely missed something, or if it's just cool to like the Oral.

I'm off to an ok start. I wish I could go back and change a few picks (Mainly Davidson in the Sweet 16 and Kansas State over USC) but I am otherwise confident in my picks. I'd probably not take Xavier if not for the fact I hate BCS programs and feel a need to at least pick one Mid-Major to go far.

Haha, after looking at your brackett, a few in the EWB group, and some from my work, I've got to ask: What's the deal with Oral Roberts? Is it because they have the word "oral" in it's name? Especially the people from work seemed to think this mid major was going to beat one of the hottest teams in the country at this time (PITT). Just wondering if I've completely missed something, or if it's just cool to like the Oral.

I'm off to an ok start. I wish I could go back and change a few picks (Mainly Davidson in the Sweet 16 and Kansas State over USC) but I am otherwise confident in my picks. I'd probably not take Xavier if not for the fact I hate BCS programs and feel a need to at least pick one Mid-Major to go far.

Shit, Hajj, Xavier's probably the only team in UCLA's region that I'd give any chance against them, so I don't see that as a pick to be ashamed of.

And I put together one bracket where K-State rolled to the Elite 8. Hopefully, Walker keeps playing like he has and Beasley remembers that it's his team soon.

And I fart in the general direction of all you Baylor-pickers. :D