The EWB Bookie (Sign Up Thread)

Baddar

I'm looking for people to sign up to be a part of the "EWB Bookie" to run until the end of the football (soccer) season, and if all goes well, start up again next. I'm not sure what the interest for this will be like, but I'll set it to a maximum of 15 people. I'll probably sign up myself as well. I'll leave this thread open until we reach at least 10 people, but again, more are welcome.

What will basically happen, is that all involved will begin with 150 credits. Each week I'll put up a set (sometimes two sets, depending on midweek fixtures) of games to place bets on.

During each "set" of bets, the amount of credits you use is 20. You can't use any more, or any less than that. You may place your 20 credits on just one bet, or a mixture of the bets provided.

Still with me? Hope so.

At the end of each set of bets, I'll tally up everybody's scores and put them up in some sort of table. At the end of the season, the person with the most credits wins. The end of the season will come after the Champions League Final.

Rules

- Each person starts with 150 credits.

- You must use 20 credits in every set of bets.

- You may use your 20 credits on a mixture of bets, providing it doesn't exceed the allotted amount.

- Should you fail to place any bets in a set, you lose your 20 credits.

- Post what bets you wish to place a stake on in a new message, marking clearly your stake for each.

- To avoid cheating, the editing of betting messages is not allowed. If you edit a message that contains your bet, you'll automatically lose your 20 credits for that set. If you make a mistake by saying, for example, "Derby to win" rather than "Liverpool to win" it's hard luck really.

- To tie in with the above, be sure to check your message before you post it, so that mistakes are avoided.

-If an event is abandoned for whatever reason, credits placed on that event will be retained.

- It's your job to check back in the thread for the latest bets. It's unlikely that I'll be PM'ing people to let them know. If you add me to your MSN though, I could let you know quicker that way. It's in my profile.

- I will determine the odds for each bet. I'll use certain betting sites as a guide, and then modify as I see fit.

- To finish, have fun with it. I'll look to get up the updated table as soon as possible after each set of bets.

That should be all of the rules for now, I'll post the sign-up list below. If any more rules are added, I'll make it known to everyone. If sign-up's go quickly, I might be able to get this started tomorrow, so keep checking the Sports section once signed up for the first set of bets. I'll make a new thread for that.

Thanks

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

Thanks for signing up guys.

At some point within the next hour, I'm looking to get up the first set of bets to use as a "trial". This is to get everyone used to playing, and considering it's short notice for tomorrow's games, doesn't matter if somebody forgets/doesn't get chance to place their bet.

It'll be in a new thread. After this weekend, that thread will be used as the main EWB Bookie thread.