Formula One 2008

Katsuya

The FIA governs all motorsports? I'm going to sound majorly stupid here, but I honestly didn't know that.

Anyway, look to have a good, very interesting race on our hands. I just hope the live feed on the ITV website stops breaking up. <_<

The major stuff the FIA governs is:

Formula One

World Rally Championship

World Touring Car Championship

GT Championship

GT3 European Championship

Plus a whole host of other stuff (such as Touring Car Championships) that you can find at their website. So as far as Car motorsports go, the FIA is the ultimate governing body for pretty much all the big stuff (other than NASCAR).

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Burti's crash > Heikki's crash in terms of severity, as both were pretty similar crashes. Heikki's got a concussion but will be fine; on the plus side of that, it probably means Pedro de la Rosa is once again going to be racing, which can only mean good things.

Laughed like hell when Fernando's engine blew. I still dislike him, albeit he was cool with the fan who jumped the barrier. Ferarri's dominance is starting to look a bit worrying right now, since Lewis isn't doing anything of any note to stop them, and Kubica's turning out to be the new Trulli of qualifying >_>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Got those Spa tickets all booked up which is awesome.

& RIP Super Aguri. Hope that both drivers get drives sooner rather than later - Sato needs a drive because he's fucking awesome; Davidson needs a drive so he doesn't commentate again... *shudders*

• 3 weeks later...

Good race, well won by Hamilton didn't expect much from him when he managed to crash into the barrier in the first lap! Shame for Coulthard yet again he seems to be having a torrid run of luck at the moment. Also heartbreaking for Sutil who had been solid all race until Kimi crashed into the back of him. I'm impressed by BMW this year, I felt that they could have led to Williams winning the championships a few seasons ago when they were involved with them and Montoya driving for them. It's taken a little while since then but now they're looking like they could really have an impact this season especially with Kubica.

One of the best races ever, with the worst possible result. Finish should easily have been Kubica/Sutil/Webber, for the sheer fact that they were by far the best racers out there. Sutil proved that he deserved to be in a top team today; if Raikkonen doesn't get at least a 5 place grid penalty then the sport is a shambles, frankly.

Lewis got ridiculously lucky, Kovaleinen royally fucked up at the end, Massa went off TWICE, Alonso's move on Heidfeld was ridiculous (and ruined Heidfeld's chances, given that Nick always does well in the wet / in SC conditions)...it wasn't a good day for the "good" racers, essentially. Saying that, the podium had arguably the three best drivers in the sport today on it (with Kimi in there with them, of course).

Hopefully Canada will be good for a nice little shocker as it always gives us - I'm gonna call it and say Kubica bounces back from last year and *finally* gets the overdue first victory.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's a two horse race today it'd seem: Hamilton vs. Kubica.

On the one hand, you have Lewis Hamilton, in a far superior car, about 0.600 seconds quicker than Kubica in qualifying, and a master of Montreal pretty much.

On the other hand, you have this. Which he came back from, and has kicked all kinds of Ferrari ass this weekend.

However, there's a new factor coming in to play - the fact that the circuit is breaking apart. Bits of it are actually flying off the track, supposedly making it really slippy and everything. Hence, we're likely to get a safety car (you always tend to, anyway, at Montreal) which might play in to either man's favour...or the dark horse for the weekend, Nico Rosberg.

Its going to be an awesome race. I think Hamilton will win though, Kubica second and I can see Massa coming up to thrid. Raikonnen will finish just inside the points me thinks, even though he is starting third. I can see Alonso having a good race, bar any mistakes. I'm sure he was a bit dodgy around Montreal last year, wasn't he?

Kubica doesn't have the pace to stay with Hamilton. Hamilton showed yesterday with that phenomenal final lap how much faster Mclaren are than BMW and Ferrari this weekend. Provided he doesn't crash or have a disastrous pit stop this should be an easy 10 points for Hamilton.

I wouldn't call it an easy 10 points. Sure, the McLaren have a lot more pace than BMW, but Kubica is more than capable through his driving skills of keeping up with Hamilton throughout the race. He showed us how much he has come on in terms of driving skill at Monaco. Sure, I do think Hamilton will win quite convincingly, but it won't be easy as you put it.