Formula One 2008

Katsuya

Kubica wins. Tony Allen said it perfectly; on a circuit where people thought for a moment he was dead last year, he comes back to win.

GET IN THERE!

ETA: Car 4 is Kubica - he got the jump on all of them, essentially (I was like "oh crap, five leaders going in to the pit!!!") and was next to Kimi, but I assume they put his number there as a precaution. There was nowhere else for him to be, he didn't cause the crash, nor did he go over the line etc.

Edited by Katsuya

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely car 4 is Kubica as I doubt Williams finished second in the Constructors last season. Well won by Kubica though also nice to see DC on the podium and the Toyota's scoring points. Have to say I did expect more out of Toyota this season than what they have delivered thus far perhaps the luck of today will be a springboard for them. Honda seriously need to work on their car though because they have no pace whatsoever it seems.

I didn't think Rosberg was likely to be 4, but seeing as he ran into the back of Hamilton and Kubica was an innocent bystander in the whole think I didn't think he warranted being investigated.

The bad news? Hamilton will receive a 10 place penalty on the grid at the French Grand Prix in two weeks for running into the back of Raikonnen. Rosberg will also receive a 10 place penalty on the grid at the French Grand Prix, for running into the back of Hamilton.

Bah, the network with F1 coverage on my end punts the race off in favor of Euro 2008 >.<

I love how one of the F1 sites I go to is ripping on Coulthard for playing it safe and not driving aggressively to get his third place finish. There's nothing wrong with Coulthard making the most out of the situation when the opportunity presents itself.

• 1 month later...

Weird how everybody apart from the Spanish believe that Alonso is a complete dick, isn't it? Yes, Piquet is a bad driver, but it's the first podium he's ever got. Alonso should be congratulating him on it, no matter what the circumstances - or maybe he doesn't want to because Alonso didn't even get a point...

Alonso saying Piquet is lucky is blasting him? Piquet is a really bad driver, that's why he is so lucky.

And what would had happened last year if McClaren didn't screw Alonso. Hmmm... :blush:

Exactly the same as what did actually happen.

Alonso should learn to keep his mouth shut and start looking into his own lacklustre performances.

Alonso saying Piquet is lucky is blasting him? Piquet is a really bad driver, that's why he is so lucky.

And what would had happened last year if McClaren didn't screw Alonso. Hmmm... :blush:

Exactly the same as what did actually happen.

Alonso should learn to keep his mouth shut and start looking into his own lacklustre performances.

It's curious that you say that Alonso is a dick, when Hamilton does the same thing when he screws something. :rolleyes:

Edited by erperro

• 2 weeks later...

I think Hamilton has the chance of running away with the Championship if he carries on like he does. Raikonnen seems to be writing himself out of the picture. I don't know what's going on with him but he seems to battle the car more and more every racing weekend. Massa is performing and so is Kubica, but if Hamilton keeps racing like he is, then it's his Championship to win or lose.

• 3 weeks later...

THIS IS AWESOME!

Valencia, brand new circuit, and all the big names are doing shiiiiit. The top 4, after qualifying one, were Trulli, Vettel, Massa and Alonso. Raikkonen just, just managed to get in to Q2 in 13th, and to further add to the chaos, it's now raining. On a brand new circuit, where it's never rained before.